lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

PSA: Exchange unwanted random tees at the WootStalker Tee Trade Center

lordbowen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages lordbowen

Alrighty! Another chance for greatness.

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2

I'm still not buying random Woot shirts. There are way too many shirts I wouldn't wear.

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen

Oh come on, I just ordered six last week! They're not even here yet!

traceactions

quality posts: 5 Private Messages traceactions

In for 3.... again.
The more shirts I buy, the longer I can put off doing laundry.
I'm just about up to a months supply.

QuantumRand

quality posts: 4 Private Messages QuantumRand

I haven't bought less than 3 random shirts for the last few years each time they come up, but last time, they sent me two of the same shirt...That's not very random at all.

Also, the quality has gone wayyyy downhill recently. They really only last a few washes before they're too raggedy to wear in public.

dacrete

quality posts: 94 Private Messages dacrete

The randomness scares me O.O

traceactions

QuantumRand wrote:I haven't bought less than 3 random shirts for the last few years each time they come up, but last time, they sent me two of the same shirt...That's not very random at all.

Also, the quality has gone wayyyy downhill recently. They really only last a few washes before they're too raggedy to wear in public.

You are using the gentle cycle on your washing machine with cold water, right? I've been buying randoms for years and only the ones that are 3+ years old are starting to show signs of wear.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
dacrete wrote:The randomness scares me O.O

Embrace the random ; )

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

you can blame the new blanks company they're using.

QuantumRand wrote:I haven't bought less than 3 random shirts for the last few years each time they come up, but last time, they sent me two of the same shirt...That's not very random at all.

that was fun while it lasted!

darks1lenc3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages darks1lenc3

I've gotten some where the printing isn't exactly aligned on the shirt properly. (and that's not random shirts, just their shirts in general)

backpack of crap 12/20/13
bag of crap 2/17/14
Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14

traceactions

bpr2 wrote:you can blame the new blanks company they're using.

I was skeptical of the new blanks (they are a bit shorter in length), but they are of the same quality as the AA blanks. At least as far as I can tell. I've bought 20+ in the past year and I can't see any difference (other than the length).

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

-1 for the new blanks no where near as good as the old ones shrink way more and seem way shorter.

I always buy these random shirts on the slim chance i might actually get something good that i missed even though logic tells me that they are still sitting at the woothouse (woot + warehouse get it?) for a reason.. last time i got a neon yellow something and a bring orange something else.. ugly but top notch rags!

noop

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Guys- this isn't the place to discuss the old vs. new blanks. There's a whole thread for that. Let's try and keep the conversation good and random!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I guess it is the gambler in me. I always buy three, usually only find one I like and continue the cycle. I have a good 40 shirts in my spare room that need to find a good home.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

My wife said it was either more Woot shirts or her and if she leaves it's a lot more expensive. Sorry Woot.

Geigs777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Geigs777

It said $10 and charged me $12! These shirts better be extra neat

sjaynedesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sjaynedesign

*crosses fingers and hopes for cats*

Lowerone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Lowerone
wisenekt wrote:My wife said it was either more Woot shirts or her and if she leaves it's a lot more expensive. Sorry Woot.

So wait... to your wife, your marriage is worth 12 bucks?
Ouch.
Maybe woot will offer a random wife two pack tomorrow.

firefly209

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firefly209
manhandsha wrote:The kids tshirts are $10. $12 for adult sized stuff.

All women's sizes, as well as the men's small, are showing up as $10 when you select them with the drop down selector. Is this supposed to be like this?

[MOD: Yes.... probably a byproduct of supply & demand. We have more of those sizes left over. ]

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Considering I just snagged all of the classic Doctor Who and was going to give them a try, the write-up made me chuckle.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

dubloe7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dubloe7
Alfredenigma wrote:-1 for the new blanks no where near as good as the old ones shrink way more and seem way shorter.

I always buy these random shirts on the slim chance i might actually get something good that i missed even though logic tells me that they are still sitting at the woothouse (woot + warehouse get it?) for a reason.. last time i got a neon yellow something and a bring orange something else.. ugly but top notch rags!

Aw man, I was going to buy three, but my problem with most shirts is that they are too short, even when I buy extra large instead of large.

Once when I was at the store I compared, and the extra large was shorter than the large, Which Team Fumbles??

mrbarister

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrbarister

Lol none of you can buy 3 random this time! Two, four, or six, but not three!

bakntyme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakntyme
QuantumRand wrote:...last time, they sent me two of the same shirt...That's not very random at all.

Maybe you should research the correct definition of "random".

rumpatas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rumpatas

I'm really disappointed that you've priced the men's XL-3X @ $12 with everything else @ $10. Why the extra charge? You don't do that with the normal Shirt.Woot orders, or does this signal a change?

Please don't say that it's because of extra material, because that is a pile of stuff. If that were the case, the kids' shirts should be $8 due to less material.

Not buying.

jsballs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsballs

Agree strongly. Two of the same shirt in my random order too!

webfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webfox

While I've done laundry to keep my dorm room from smelling like a dump... Rather, like less of one, I have enough woot shirts that I've not worn the same one twice since the start of the semester. No one believes me that I can make it into December before I start doing repeats.

I should pick up 3 of these, just for some extra insurance...

Blade2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade2000
rumpatas wrote:I'm really disappointed that you've priced the men's XL-3X @ $12 with everything else @ $10. Why the extra charge? You don't do that with the normal Shirt.Woot orders, or does this signal a change?

Please don't say that it's because of extra material, because that is a pile of stuff. If that were the case, the kids' shirts should be $8 due to less material.

Not buying.

I think only small are $10. My 2XL are $12 too.

koenigsfm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koenigsfm

because "you only live twice."

Blade2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blade2000
bakntyme wrote:Maybe you should research the correct definition of "random".

So you are implying some people can receive 6 of the same shirt with a order of 3 2-packs? Nice...

blaculadave

quality posts: 17 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

firefly209 wrote:All women's sizes, as well as the men's small, are showing up as $10 when you select them with the drop down selector. Is this supposed to be like this?

Yes

bakntyme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakntyme
Blade2000 wrote:So you are implying some people can receive 6 of the same shirt with a order of 3 2-packs? Nice...

"Random" describes the method of selecting the items. The result does not affect what method was used in the selection process. You can flip an unweighted coin, and the result is "random" even if you get 100 heads in a row.

definition of Random:
"adjective
made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision

Statistics: governed by or involving equal chances for each item."

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/random

If all of the shirts of one size were placed into one large bin, then stirred up in some way, and a blindfolded Woot employee reached into a different area of the bin six times and pulled out a shirt each time, could he or she not pull six of the same shirt pattern?

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Considering I just snagged all of the classic Doctor Who and was going to give them a try, the write-up made me chuckle.

Considering I just watched every season of the latest Dr.Who a month ago (in approx. 3 weeks...NOT in one night), I too, had a good chuckle over the write-up. Now I would give anything for a random Dr. Who shirt!(particularly the foggy one...*sigh*)

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Last time I did a random, I got a llama shirt. I'm still trying to train my pet llama not to bite. The things I do to conform.

nullvalu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nullvalu

Not buying either. All the shirts I've bought from woot lately end up making me look like Baby Huey after a couple washes. As other say, they are too short. It's not even worth the $6 if I only get to wear a shirt once. Please Woot, PLEASE fix this! Shirts I bought several years ago still fit fine.. its just anything from in the past year or so.. I don't know what the brand of the blanks were because I always remove the annoyingly large tags.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

Oh Woot, you so cleverly had randoms not long enough after the shirt-off for those randoms to arrive. My last two batches of randoms were all pretty bad, the shirt-off randoms were supposed to be the randoms of reckoning, the last hurrah if they were not good, but they have not yet arrived and I've not yet completely swore off randoms. So I'm sucked in to buying these. Here is my prediction: The shirt-off randoms will be the worst cat shirts imaginable and I'll swear off randoms forever, but then these randoms will all be Star Wars, Monty Python, Zelda, and Pink Floyd references and I will be hooked again.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
nullvalu wrote:Not buying either. All the shirts I've bought from woot lately end up making me look like Baby Huey after a couple washes. As other say, they are too short. It's not even worth the $6 if I only get to wear a shirt once. Please Woot, PLEASE fix this! Shirts I bought several years ago still fit fine.. its just anything from in the past year or so.. I don't know what the brand of the blanks were because I always remove the annoyingly large tags.

Agree, these blanks are too short even before washing. I have a longer torso but I shouldn't have a problem fitting into a large. I'd buy an extra large but it'll shrink after I wash it and I'll have a shirt wide enough to fit two of me but too short for half of me.

codybodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codybodd

Oh no...I did not know they were shorter now! I came to look and then checked size charts because I have not purchased one since the AA shirts which I loved, loved. The length is what made them perfect, as I am a thin and tallish girl. How sad; I hate boxy shirts.

I really, really wanted that Floyd Candy Corn Prism Shirt. :-(

I wonder, do you ever get an old AA shirt if you purchase one of the oldies but goodies from the All Designs collection...?

Sorry Mod, for going off topic.

keechan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keechan

As a long time wooter, I used to love the excitement of woot's random stuff. However, I got burnt by woot!

As a PSA, please read and re-read their description, and even with that, woot would turn them into legal jargons.

For a complete story and how some wooters got burnt by woot's random stuff, please go read:

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5550993