1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lordbowen

quality posts: 306 Private Messages lordbowen

Looks like the fortune may be neverending too!

theco2

quality posts: 89 Private Messages theco2
lordbowen wrote:Looks like the fortune may be neverending too!

You beat me to it.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Eien no fu)ku

Though the shirt says fu)ku ryuu.

*assaulted by Woot censors >_>*

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

lonelypond

quality posts: 460 Private Messages lonelypond

O woot writers, you make me scroll down much farther than I meant to. And although not much for red shirts, I do like the look of this one...

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

dacrete

quality posts: 153 Private Messages dacrete

Hopefully it's never-ending good fortune.

zaizhou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaizhou

That's a very ugly dragon...The head looks like a rabbit-dog hybrid ?

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

google translate app translated it from Chinese to English as "fill"... I don't get it.

lichme

quality posts: 3178 Private Messages lichme

Will come back later for reference, as I do not get it as well. Woot, you better not disappoint.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

massha10

quality posts: 68 Private Messages massha10

So very phallic.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
zaizhou wrote:That's a very ugly dragon...The head looks like a rabbit-dog hybrid ?

dacrete

quality posts: 153 Private Messages dacrete
zaizhou wrote:That's a very ugly dragon...The head looks like a rabbit-dog hybrid ?

Looks like the perfect never-ending luck dragon to me.

lonelypond

quality posts: 460 Private Messages lonelypond
lichme wrote:Will come back later for reference, as I do not get it as well. Woot, you better not disappoint.

Falkor, The Neverending Story, beloved by many

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

pegnie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegnie

Boy oh boy. You guys need to get with the program and tell us what the shirt says. And don't make stuff up. I have sources who can tell whether these are actual Chinese characters and what they say, if anything.
No cheating now. I wanna buy some of these shirts but I sure have to know what the heck you've written on them. Can't be too careful in this day and time.

TobiasAmaranth

pegnie wrote:Boy oh boy. You guys need to get with the program and tell us what the shirt says. And don't make stuff up. I have sources who can tell whether these are actual Chinese characters and what they say, if anything.
No cheating now. I wanna buy some of these shirts but I sure have to know what the heck you've written on them. Can't be too careful in this day and time.

Japanese.

Fortune Dragon.

o.o

bujigchin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bujigchin

Replace the dragon with Trogdor and I would totally get it, of course then it wouldn't quite be "fortune" dragon then would it... lol

Greyeds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Greyeds
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Eien no fu)ku

Though the shirt says fu)ku ryuu.

*assaulted by Woot censors >_>*

Pretty sure they're going for the Chinese translation, which would make a tad bit more sense as the first character stands for fortune and dragons are considered lucky in Chinese culture. Not too sure if it has the same connotation in Japan.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Ugly?! Do you know anything about Eastern culture dragons? Japan, China, and Korea (to name a few) have dragons of this type in their cultures, and personally I find them beautiful. Plus there's famously the Luck dragon design of Falkor from the Neverending Story.

I LOVE this design. The dragon's face is just lovely. Plus I like the red. I would be interested in knowing what the characters say first. A four-toed dragon would typically be Chinese or Korean. I'm leaning towards those being Chinese characters.

ETA: My google research tells me these characters say "fortune dragon". Looks like others concur.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Characters are traditional Chinese. (so maybe it exists in Kanji too, idk)

福 = fortune
龍 = dragon
red b/c lucky color

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bsmith1 wrote:

LOLOL they need to run Never Ending Story on kids channels again. I mean... if Teen Nick can show Gremlins, surely they can show Never Ending Story!

TobiasAmaranth

vivbot wrote:Characters are traditional Chinese. (so maybe it exists in Kanji too, idk)

福 = fortune
龍 = dragon
red b/c lucky color

Amusing, my double click translator/dictionary app points the first one as Chinese and the second as Japanese there.

http://www.manythings.org/kanji/d/798f.htm - Japanese, same symbol. But I'll certainly concede that it could be aiming for a Chinese reference as well.

louisros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louisros
vivbot wrote:Characters are traditional Chinese. (so maybe it exists in Kanji too, idk)

福 = fortune
龍 = dragon
red b/c lucky color

exactly right! the characters are chinese, japanese use these to with the same meaning.

naps1saps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naps1saps
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Amusing, my double click translator/dictionary app points the first one as Chinese and the second as Japanese there.

http://www.manythings.org/kanji/d/798f.htm - Japanese, same symbol. But I'll certainly concede that it could be aiming for a Chinese reference as well.

Japanese uses Chinese symbols but the basic meanings are not always the same between the two languages.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Sweet design, I always love black and white on a red shirt.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Nice shirt.

i think somebody at Woot has been playing The Stanley Parable...

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

With a quick hover over the shirt! tab to see what was out today, I immediately fell in love and was taken back to my childhood. This was a no brainer, had to have it!

$25 for the amazing pullover and $9.98 for the bluray from Amazon (I cant believe I didnt own this yet)

My life is now complete. Thanks Woot and Louis Roskosch!

cnherrick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cnherrick

What do the Chinese characters say?

Be careful, people, unless you know. It's not uncommon to learn that foreign characters spell out something unacceptable.

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller

From my Chinese car pool mate:

Lucky Dragon

Oh, and no pause in reading it, so the caligraphy is not so bad. Of course, if you've ever seen a paragraph in Chinese characters, it's not spaced like English might be..... unless you were Hemingway!

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller

Is that a police box in the background?

rascul22

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rascul22
crickee wrote:With a quick hover over the shirt! tab to see what was out today, I immediately fell in love and was taken back to my childhood. This was a no brainer, had to have it!

Ditto!!! My favorite movie growing up!

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

Love the neverending artist introduction...

About the Artist
Louis Roskosch

Louis Roskosch would prefer it if you called him Louis Roskosch would prefer it if you called him Louis Roskosch would prefer it if you called him Louis Roskosch would prefer it if you called him Louis Roskosch would prefer it if you called him

Hometown:
Dorset, Great Britain
Links:

Louis on Tumblr

impreza13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impreza13

Say....my....NAME!!!!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

What did you do to the Ivory Tower!? The Childlike Empress is gonna be PISSED!

opensourcepirate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opensourcepirate

I asked my Chinese coworker to translate and she said "Lucky Dragon," which is probably just her thinking that lucky makes more sense in English than Fortune.

kwyjibo73

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kwyjibo73

That is bad-tattoo-grade crappy calligraphy no matter what language...

For reference and hilarity:
Hanzismatter

kwaping

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kwaping

This shirt is "black and white and re(a)d all over".

Anyone?

danagin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danagin

Why would anyone want a shirt with a dragon pooping all over it?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 1m 31.995s
First sucker:morachi
Last wooter to woot:dustyray
Last purchase:24 minutes ago

First day sales 435
First day posts 36

sharyna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharyna
kwyjibo73 wrote:That is bad-tattoo-grade crappy calligraphy no matter what language...

THANK YOU! I was wondering when someone was going to point that out, for example how the first part of "dragon" has strokes that are doing > instead of = for some reason.

safyrejet wrote:Ugly?! Do you know anything about Eastern culture dragons? Japan, China, and Korea (to name a few) have dragons of this type in their cultures, and personally I find them beautiful.

With a username like "zaizhou", I'm guessing that they do, in fact, know something about "Eastern culture dragons." This is just a really inaccurate rendition of one that s/he happens to find ugly (as do I). If you like it just because it's got a dragon and furrin characters, nobody's stopping you from getting one just because we think it's ugly.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
sharyna wrote:With a username like "zaizhou", I'm guessing that they do, in fact, know something about "Eastern culture dragons." This is just a really inaccurate rendition of one that s/he happens to find ugly (as do I). If you like it just because it's got a dragon and furrin characters, nobody's stopping you from getting one just because we think it's ugly.

...uhm OK? From their response about it having a rabbit-dog head it seemed like they hadn't encountered many variations of Eastern culture type dragons. It's not uncommon for them to have dog or rabbit-ish heads. It sounded like they expected all dragons to appear a specific way and that's hardly the case. I simply pointed out that there's a whole category of dragons with characteristics similar to this one.

I said I personally find them beautiful. I don't care if someone else finds them ugly. That's fine. Whatever. But acting surprised over dog rabbit faced dragons seemed like a different complaint.

I'm not going to try deriving cultural knowledge from someone's username.

Good, *phew* I did get one. Several days ago when it first ran actually. No one's stopping you from not buying one just because I think it's beautiful.