3%
75%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

idiotwind13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages idiotwind13

Baking Bread!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHRRRGHHHH!! WOOTSTAFF! Hook a brother up, tomorrow maybe?!

vcrowley

quality posts: 14 Private Messages vcrowley

Yes!!! Happy dance!! I love this shirt.

lordbowen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages lordbowen

A literary wonderland of a shirt!

ALK02G

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALK02G

wasn't there just a Jabberwocky shirt like a month ago? the one where the words shaped the "vorpal sword" ?? I like the color and all, but feel like it's too soon to be repeating an idea, no?

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I married off my oldest child today, and won a shirt tonight! Fun all around :-)

lyonscc

ALK02G wrote:wasn't there just a Jabberwocky shirt like a month ago? the one where the words shaped the "vorpal sword" ?? I like the color and all, but feel like it's too soon to be repeating an idea, no?

This was a derby winner from this week (so not a woot daily or editor's choice). I had originally submitted this shirt as a daily, about a week before the Vorpal Sword shirt printed, so I saved it and submitted it for a derby. (Thus the two Jabberwocky designs.)

theco2

quality posts: 47 Private Messages theco2
lyonscc wrote:O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I married off my oldest child today, and won a shirt tonight! Fun all around :-)

Congratulations! Congratulations!

sierrasuzy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sierrasuzy

No. The sword was great & so is this one.

orphicdragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orphicdragon

Many Huzah's! to lyonscc. It's been at least a year since I purchased a tee from
woot, and I cheerfully fork over my dollars for this awesomeness in art. Thank you very much!

ALK02G wrote:wasn't there just a Jabberwocky shirt like a month ago? the one where the words shaped the "vorpal sword" ?? I like the color and all, but feel like it's too soon to be repeating an idea, no?

You have some horrible sickness if you think 2 jabberwocky shirts a month apart is too much.

For the love of all that is good and decent get thee to a medical facility.

Or one of the multiple other sites that has the "Breaking Bad" "LoZ" "Game of Thrones" "Walking Dead" themes or mash ups. Every. Freaking. Day.

There is not enough WELL DONE text art around here as it is. ShHHHHHuuush!!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3119 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
lyonscc wrote:O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Congrats!

redsugar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redsugar

Galumph, galumph, galumph.

oelschlegel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oelschlegel

cool idea, but this is totally not what a jabberwocky looks like.

woots: 16x1 2x2 3x3 ($1712.24)
shirt.woots: 16x1 2x2 1x3 ($255)
sellout.woots: 11x1 1x2 0x3 ($1064.88)
kids.woots: 11x1 2x2 0x3 ($559.85)
home.woots: 1x1 0x2 0x3 ($44.99)
all told i have wasted $3636.96 on this site

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
oelschlegel wrote:cool idea, but this is totally not what a jabberwocky looks like.

That'd be a jabberwock. It's the poem that is "Jabberwocky".

And while I love the droopy Tenniel illustration, there's nothing in the text preventing it from being more dragonish.

Congrats! Can we see a higher-res version? Right now I have to take it on faith that a couple of the words are there. ;-)

redsugar wrote:Galumph, galumph, galumph.

Hurray for The Muppet Show! So glad I'm not the only one. The muppet jabberwock was a sight to behold.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
oelschlegel wrote:cool idea, but this is totally not what a jabberwocky looks like.

Oh, I don't know about that. From the great & powerful wiki:
"John Tenniel reluctantly agreed to illustrate the book in 1871,[13] and his illustrations are still the defining images of the poem. The illustration of the Jabberwock may reflect the contemporary Victorian obsession with natural history and the fast-evolving sciences of palaeontology and geology. Stephen Prickett notes that in the context of Darwin and Mantell's publications and vast exhibitions of dinosaurs, such as those at the Crystal Palace from 1845, it is unsurprising that Tenniel gave the Jabberwock "the leathery wings of a pterodactyl and the long scaly neck and tail of a sauropod."

Sounds dragonish to me.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG

I'm in the midst of de-crapifying my house and have to admit that my closet is overflowing with t-shirts. I promised myself that I would not buy any more for a while. But the Jabberwock? Ooooh! Temptation!

ksmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksmm

First time t-shirt wooter, lured in by this awesome tee. Can anyone tell me how accurate the sizing chart is for women's t-shirts (that is, if the chart says a WM is 19" across the chest, is that the size of the actual garment) AND whether these tend to shrink? If the measurements are accurate, I'm sort of between sizes. The smaller would fit, but not if there's any shrinkage. Thanks in advance.

vcrowley

ksmm wrote:First time t-shirt wooter, lured in by this awesome tee. Can anyone tell me how accurate the sizing chart is for women's t-shirts (that is, if the chart says a WM is 19" across the chest, is that the size of the actual garment) AND whether these tend to shrink? If the measurements are accurate, I'm sort of between sizes. The smaller would fit, but not if there's any shrinkage. Thanks in advance.

They shrink a tiny bit. Just a smidge. The measurements are pretty accurate. I am a medium in just about everything else I own and I like a looser fit - the WM is perfect for me.

Enjoy!

I'm still over here doing my happy dance. :D

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5

Oh thank you lyonssc for your imagination. I love this shirt and am sooooo happy it won. And congrats on the wedding!

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5

Is too!quote postid="5596137" user="oelschlegel"]cool idea, but this is totally not what a jabberwocky looks like.[/quote]

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
ksmm wrote:First time t-shirt wooter, lured in by this awesome tee. Can anyone tell me how accurate the sizing chart is for women's t-shirts (that is, if the chart says a WM is 19" across the chest, is that the size of the actual garment) AND whether these tend to shrink? If the measurements are accurate, I'm sort of between sizes. The smaller would fit, but not if there's any shrinkage. Thanks in advance.

19 across, so double that for the full measurement.

The shirts will shrink in length, especially if you use the dryer. Width stays about the same to slightly looser.

geekypanda13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13

I am just curious if the women's smalls are still made really large and different than the ones before they changed shirt companies?

I haven't purchased a shirt from woot since then, because they don't fit right at all and I had to throw away the last one I ordered that was sized odd.

I really love so many designs that come up, but the fit is horrible. Woot have they been changed back to a better fit yet? I haven't checked in on that in awhile.

Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
geekypanda13 wrote:I am just curious if the women's smalls are still made really large and different than the ones before they changed shirt companies?

I haven't purchased a shirt from woot since then, because they don't fit right at all and I had to throw away the last one I ordered that was sized odd.

I really love so many designs that come up, but the fit is horrible. Woot have they been changed back to a better fit yet? I haven't checked in on that in awhile.

They are still the terrible shirts, and that is a great tragedy, because I love this beautiful shirt.

My only hope is that they will make a longsleeve or hoody version in the future.....

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender

Really cool! Trippy

vcrowley

geekypanda13 wrote:I am just curious if the women's smalls are still made really large and different than the ones before they changed shirt companies?

Since they switched to a different blank (and stopped using American Apparel) the fit for women has been better. I'm probably going to be flamed here, since there are so many die-hard AA lovers around here, but the new blanks are a MUCH better fit for women. I wore an XL in the AA fit and a M in the new fit. And I haven't noticed a huge drop in quality - every Woot shirt I own gets worn a LOT and none of them have stretched out of shape or fallen apart or faded or anything. Happy customer here.

Also, FWIW, their customer service is awesome. I had a problem with the way a shirt fit after they moved away from AA and they sent me a new size, no problem.

gracelit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit

Poster, please. Pretty, pretty please?

anknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anknight

I was so happy to see this shirt win! My daughters are hoping the shirts arrive in time for them to wear to the cast party of their high school production of "Alice in Wonderland," where the cast recitation of this poem is how the play closes. And congrats, lyonscc - what a wonderful weekend!

crazyjake05

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazyjake05
ClaudiaM wrote:Hurray for The Muppet Show! So glad I'm not the only one. The muppet jabberwock was a sight to behold.

man.. i need to watch more muppets!

Try the clean, easy to use, multi-site tracker with sound notifications. Super fast load times, beautiful interface, and fully customizable content.

Simple Woot Watcher

nikitajosephine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikitajosephine

Woot has not changed back to the better fitting tee yet. I used to love these shirts when Woot offered the slimmer fit. I am a really small person and the small woman's size was perfect and for the first time in my 44 years I got to wear cool t-shirts that fit right but now I cannot wear them because the new size/shape is terrible. Why oh why won't Woot listen to us?

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

I'll take this with a side of Bandersnatch ; ) Congrats. Glad to see this make it to a shirt.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 2m 16.227s
First sucker:vcrowley
Last wooter to woot:trogdor0
Last purchase:3 minutes ago

First day sales 882
First day posts 29

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Drat! This was the one shirt I really wanted from the rerun second chance derby and it's the one that prints on the day I'm traveling and away. *pout* I can barely justify buying the uber cheapo $12 price so I can't for the higher regular prices. I'll just have to leave this one on the back burner until I have more money or there's a woot whole catalog sale.

I also have and love the vorpal sword shirt. I see no reason not to love another jabberwocky word picture design, especially when they're so different.

There's a lot of differing opinions written up in other threads specifically on women's shirt sizing. Best advice I can offer is buy one and try it. I've found woot CS helpful if you get an ill fitting shirt. You're the only one who can say if you like the fit because it's not just chest width that needs to fit how you like it, neck, arm sleeve, waist flare or lack thereof...Personally I love these Anvil shirt blanks and hated the AAs. But there's plenty who feel the opposite.

geekypanda13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13
vcrowley wrote:Since they switched to a different blank (and stopped using American Apparel) the fit for women has been better. I'm probably going to be flamed here, since there are so many die-hard AA lovers around here, but the new blanks are a MUCH better fit for women. I wore an XL in the AA fit and a M in the new fit. And I haven't noticed a huge drop in quality - every Woot shirt I own gets worn a LOT and none of them have stretched out of shape or fallen apart or faded or anything. Happy customer here.

Also, FWIW, their customer service is awesome. I had a problem with the way a shirt fit after they moved away from AA and they sent me a new size, no problem.

Well personally speaking I just prefer a t-shirt not be like wearing a baggy sack. I couldn't find the link to the girl's review shortly after they changed it. But basically her boyfriend who was a lot bigger than her in weight and height could comfortably wear the shirt.

There were a lot of people who liked the new ones, and a lot not so much. I just hate that I can't buy the shirts now. But the fact that you wore an xl and now a medium goes to show you the fit has changed a lot. A small in women's is more like a large.

But I guess I have my answer that they are still the same ones.

Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

cinereaste

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinereaste

I can't believe I'm the first to point this out, but there's an error in the wording. In the first line of the sixth stanza, it should be "And hast thou slain..." rather than "And has thou slain..."

This is a deal-breaker for me.

ClaudiaM

cinereaste wrote:I can't believe I'm the first to point this out, but there's an error in the wording. In the first line of the sixth stanza, it should be "And hast thou slain..." rather than "And has thou slain..."

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Ditto. I was wibbling over a different error... single-quote vs double-quote after Callay!

lyonscc

cinereaste wrote:I can't believe I'm the first to point this out, but there's an error in the wording. In the first line of the sixth stanza, it should be "And hast thou slain..." rather than "And has thou slain..."

FYI - I have found both "hast" and "has" - in both print and internet form. (example: http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/jabber/jabberwocky.html ). My printed poetry book at home had "has", not "hast", so that's what I went with.

(Also if you Google "and has thou slain the Jabberwock" vs. "and hast thou slain the Jabberwock", the former comes up with 600K hits and the latter w/ 200K hits.)

ClaudiaM

lyonscc wrote:FYI - I have found both "hast" and "has" - in both print and internet form. (example: http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/jabber/jabberwocky.html ). My printed poetry book at home had "has", not "hast", so that's what I went with.

(Also if you Google "and has thou slain the Jabberwock" vs. "and hast thou slain the Jabberwock", the former comes up with 600K hits and the latter w/ 200K hits.)

Unfortunately there are right and wrong answers to this, and oddly your printed poetry book is wrong and so is jabberwock.com. "Has thou" is simply ungrammatical and not something Lewis Carroll/Charles Dodgson would ever have written. "Thou" takes its own form of the verb. It would be equally wrong to write "has you".

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

I know this is a late posting, but for what it's worth: I'm a huge nit-picker when it comes to shirts. Minor typos/mistakes have been huge deal-breakers for me in the past. Yet there comes a time when a shirt is so very epic that such minor mistakes can be over-looked, and you, dear artist, have created such a shirt.

Putting it on my wish list now :3

~ First ever Birthday of Celebrations ~ 7/11/2014 ~