2%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lordbowen

quality posts: 244 Private Messages lordbowen

Wirdou strikes again! Sheer awesomeness.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

Yay! It's a super cute killer death star! Competing in cuteness only with the Super Cute Darth Vader, now in pink!

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond

Would it be wrong to buy this as a present for someone who thinks disco is evil but loves Star Wars?

Iluivatar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iluivatar

Just what you would expect from Disney. :D

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

The worst kind of killer. The kind that kills you with a smile on their face. Makes that kawaii grin all the more menacing.

I always did wonder why after the first Death Star got exploded they just went ahead on another one. It's not like the flaw of weak point at the end of a star fighter accessible surface trench was fixed by moving the weak point to a star fighter accessible tunnel. Ah well, movies aren't exactly supposed to be sensible. And real life often doesn't sense anyway.

ArsenicDrone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ArsenicDrone

Discontinue use of Happy Death Star if any of the following occurs:
Dizziness
Temporary blindness
Destruction of Alderaan

Do not taunt Happy Death Star.

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ

Anybody else read this as Kauai Killer and wonder what the lovely Garden Island had to do with the Death Star? No? Ok, just me then...

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 92 Private Messages Thirdbase9
massha10 wrote:Yay! It's a super cute killer death star! Competing in cuteness only with the Super Cute Darth Vader, now in pink!

Hello Darth

Like that?

I don't know.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Bad Death Star! No destroying Alderaan!

::smacks it with rolled up newspaper::

charcustom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charcustom

I like this shirt. That said, you should probably not wear this to the airport.

theco2

quality posts: 64 Private Messages theco2

I like seeing the words, "Editors' Choice, Derby Fave." There are way too many awesome designs that don't win and deserve a chance. This being one of them. (Some are much better than the winners.)

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Felicidades Pablo!

lancep2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancep2
MukYJ wrote:Anybody else read this as Kauai Killer and wonder what the lovely Garden Island had to do with the Death Star? No? Ok, just me then...

Kawaii Killer is something from the Borderlands 2 video game. I had to Google it since I too didn't know what the Death Star and the island of Kawaii had in common.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
ArsenicDrone wrote:Discontinue use of Happy Death Star if any of the following occurs:
Dizziness
Temporary blindness
Destruction of Alderaan

Do not taunt Happy Death Star.

That post is +1, +3 vs. classic references.

charcustom wrote:I like this shirt. That said, you should probably not wear this to the airport.

2nd.

dpware

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dpware
MukYJ wrote:Anybody else read this as Kauai Killer and wonder what the lovely Garden Island had to do with the Death Star? No? Ok, just me then...

I came to read the comments hoping someone would explain just that.

birdman506

quality posts: 1 Private Messages birdman506

What a totally INAPPROPRIATE shirt (message) to be selling for youngsters in this age of mass killings.

I am disgusted. And, yes, I am an old fogey who no longer finds any humor in this kind of message.

Any school killings come to mind?

miawolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miawolf
What a totally INAPPROPRIATE shirt (message) to be selling for youngsters in this age of mass killings.

I am disgusted. And, yes, I am an old fogey who no longer finds any humor in this kind of message.

I was more thinking this was a shirt adults would get for themselves or other adults (kids don't come to mind when I think Star Wars). But really, if a parent wants to get their kid this, that is their choice to make, not yours. A funny shirt about the death star from a movie isn't going to make a kid kill people. There are other things wrong in that kids life that trigger that kind of response.

I think the lack of a sense of humor is more what's wrong with the world than this funny shirt.

2belrita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2belrita

What were you thinking when you selected this shirt? What horrible message - it is not funny and it is not appropriate. trick on you.

2belrita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2belrita
miawolf wrote:I was more thinking this was a shirt adults would get for themselves or other adults (kids don't come to mind when I think Star Wars). But really, if a parent wants to get their kid this, that is their choice to make, not yours. A funny shirt about the death star from a movie isn't going to make a kid kill people. There are other things wrong in that kids life that trigger that kind of response.

I think the lack of a sense of humor is more what's wrong with the world than this funny shirt.

Wow - what a total lack of sense of responsibility and ignorance of what is going on in the country. You should know, from you sales figures, that a significant percentage of shirts are either bought by or for kids. Man up and admit that you blew this one. This shirt should be withdraw and if any kid buys it his or her parents should destroy it.

idiotwind13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages idiotwind13

More importantly, how did any shirt from the Kawaii derby get printed before Baking Bread, which was top 9 in both that and the double take derby? What, did you sit down this morning and say, "Hmm, you know what we don't have enough of on shirt.woot? Star Wars-themed shirts!" Editors=killing me.

emulloon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emulloon

Thanks editors for making this shirt available. It is indeed a winner, even if it might not have garnered enough votes. My only complaint - WHY OH WHY NO HOODIE! This would have been beautiful on one. Ah well, another time, I suppose.

And as to the message being inappropriate, let me paraphrase: shirts don't kill people, people kill people. Violence, gun control, and the troubled youth in our nation are important topics that should be discussed and addressed with education and empathy, but attempting to tie those problems to a silly star wars tshirt is absurd.

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
2belrita wrote:Wow - what a total lack of sense of responsibility and ignorance of what is going on in the country. You should know, from you sales figures, that a significant percentage of shirts are either bought by or for kids. Man up and admit that you blew this one. This shirt should be withdraw and if any kid buys it his or her parents should destroy it.

Overreact much dude? It's a shirt, it's funny, and I don't want to live in a world where we have to censor and destroy everything that you don't like

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer

Wow. I love this shirt, it speaks to me and I want it badly. I was concerned that it might get me thrown out of public places or arrested, but after reading some of the other comments, I'm going to buy it and wear it because I CAN.

scottbo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottbo1

The write-up reminded me of this comedy sketch I saw last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ0wZMgEM6c
Trying to refinance another death star...

highvolt82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highvolt82
2belrita wrote:Wow - what a total lack of sense of responsibility and ignorance of what is going on in the country. You should know, from you sales figures, that a significant percentage of shirts are either bought by or for kids. Man up and admit that you blew this one. This shirt should be withdraw and if any kid buys it his or her parents should destroy it.

I had no urge whatsoever to buy this shirt until I read your comment (along with the other whiner). Now I might buy multiples and hand them out during trick or treat.

Get over yourself. Bubble-wrapping the world is not the answer to every problem.

Runictheunic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Runictheunic

So dumb.

AJLo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AJLo

I lol'd

sirlouie

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sirlouie

Perhaps this link will help those who are curious about the name ...

-SL

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
emulloon wrote:... shirts don't kill people ...

What if the neck hole is too tight?

aletayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aletayr
Narfcake wrote:What if the neck hole is too tight?

As if that'd happen with these Anvil blanks.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Thanks shirt.woot for my first Editor Pick at a Double Take. After many months having fun here this means a lot to me Also thanks to all of you for the nice comments. About the controversy....come on...don't take things out of context and let's celebrate different types of humor :D

mingcholee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mingcholee

What kind of person wears a shirt that says, "I'm Gonna Kill You All" The Star Wars reference doesn't save it.

Unfortunately, every morning parents in the United States drop their kids off at school knowing they might get shot before the end of the day. It would be funny if it wasn't so horrifying.

theco2

quality posts: 64 Private Messages theco2

I think I would be more worried about the people offended by this t-shirt. People need to lighten up and maybe smile, for a change.

I've come to the conclusion, people are offended way too easily to let it bother me.

By the way, thanks for letting me know people can find this offensive. I was thinking of buying this shirt, but that just reaffirmed my purchase.

spudmiester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spudmiester

This shirt is awful. There is no silly smiley face big enough to make the message "I'm gonna kill you all" acceptable.

NegroSuave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NegroSuave

ITT: People who take themselves too seriously

boomshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boomshadow

Love it. I would think that the text and background color would be green versus red, though.

Toridas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toridas
birdman506 wrote:What a totally INAPPROPRIATE shirt (message) to be selling for youngsters in this age of mass killings.

Kinda have to agree. I was going to totally buy this shirt then thought that someone at work would take it the wrong way and I would get fired for wearing a shirt saying I was going to kill everyone.

drunkskunk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drunkskunk

Cute shirt, and complete and total over-reactionary response. Perfect example of today's society.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 2m 56.772s
First sucker:_@Goku@_
Last wooter to woot:triniwasp
Last purchase:4 minutes ago

First day sales 487
First day posts 38