kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

great design, tjschaeffer--congrats!

joefremeau

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joefremeau

Is Galileo missing, or did I just miss him? Should be Ga, I would think-- which would kick out Gauss.

Audioman1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Audioman1

How about Carl Sagen or Stephen Hawking. Or Mr. Spock :-)

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
thumperchick wrote:I only 'got' one of the jokes in the write up. I don't think I get to sit at this table.

Perhaps you didn't get them because they are every bit as terrible as self-described.

1. Plays on the two meanings of the word "current" -- also suggests that the copywriter is under the mistaken impression that a Jacob's Ladder has something to do with current, when it is all about voltage.

2. Not even soundex would think those two phrases sound alike.

3. Too young for the Beatles?

4. Um, yeah...

I love bacon!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 2m 13.553s
First sucker:eaglewonj
Last wooter to woot:prao123
Last purchase:4 minutes ago

First day sales 1537
First day posts 43

cjfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjfred
ROGETRAY wrote:I've alerted staff to survey and double check the typos earlier this morning. Once I hear some further info I'll let you guys know.

Was this resolved one way or the other? Are the shirts going to print with the typos, or with them corrected? And if the initial run is printing with the typos, if the author/artist is willing to fix them and deliver corrected artwork, would Woot be willing to update the shirt in its back catalog? I'd order one tomorrow (or next week or next month if I have to wait) if I knew the typos would be fixed.

Whatever the decision, thanks for informing the rest of the Woot staff of the issue.

run4fun33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages run4fun33

I would be willing to outright beg for a poster version. I'm a chemistry teacher...PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEZ make this a poster

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

cjfred wrote:Was this resolved one way or the other? Are the shirts going to print with the typos, or with them corrected? And if the initial run is printing with the typos, if the author/artist is willing to fix them and deliver corrected artwork, would Woot be willing to update the shirt in its back catalog? I'd order one tomorrow (or next week or next month if I have to wait) if I knew the typos would be fixed.

Whatever the decision, thanks for informing the rest of the Woot staff of the issue.

We're working to make sure corrected versions are sent out.

whilom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whilom
tgentry wrote:We're working to make sure corrected versions are sent out.

Hi, just checking if this has been corrected, because the images seem to be the original ones. Thanks.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

What? Why are there no women scientists on this periodic table?! FOUL!

Cainwoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cainwoof

No Darwin. No Ecologists. No buy.

3-24-10 Kai Shun Pro Deba Knife

krifghtmds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krifghtmds
PhilCarr wrote:What? Why are there no women scientists on this periodic table?! FOUL!

Ouch, that's a big miss. Seriously, how did Marie Curie get missed, on a table of the elements of all things? Let alone all the other female scientists.

Awesome idea, may buy a corrected try #2 if one shows up later.

illidor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illidor
PhilCarr wrote:What? Why are there no women scientists on this periodic table?! FOUL!

I see (Florence) Nightingale and (Marie) Curie, though no Ada Lovelace is a large omission.

illidor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illidor
krifghtmds wrote:Ouch, that's a big miss. Seriously, how did Marie Curie get missed, on a table of the elements of all things? Let alone all the other female scientists.

Awesome idea, may buy a corrected try #2 if one shows up later.

I see Cu - Curie at 29.

oceaninaglass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oceaninaglass
ROGETRAY wrote:I've alerted staff to survey and double check the typos earlier this morning. Once I hear some further info I'll let you guys know.

Hi there! Do you know if the names have been fixed?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

oceaninaglass wrote:Hi there! Do you know if the names have been fixed?

I have been assured they should all be fixed! If you do order and see any issues, please email in ASAP!

robin138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robin138

it ruins the shirt to have the label/explanation printed on it..i have 4 or 5 periodic table shirts, none of which have the actual elements, nor a label..it makes for interesting conversations....