fasteyes

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fasteyes

Bar shirt!

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

No Ben Stein?

lordbowen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages lordbowen

Wunderbar! The wacky Einstein hair foam is over the top.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

Oh, but what should I put the steins onto?

Quick, I need

Three night stands
Two night stands ...

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

This shirt demonstrates the relativity of time: it's on sale for one 25 hour day.

bludonda0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bludonda0

Definitely Steins Of Our Times, What about me, Al Franken Stein?

geminitriplets

quality posts: 3 Private Messages geminitriplets

Remember, despite what you think, your intelligence is greatly diminished after one beer.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10
geminitriplets wrote:Remember, despite what you think, your intelligence is greatly diminished after one beer.

That's crazy talk! I actually not only get smarter, I also start being able to sing and dance! And get all sexy and stuff. I literally shined (which is why that lamp shade was much more than just a fashion statement!) Everybody were totally impressed. I mean... You guys WERE impressed, right? Right?

bludonda0

And of course, if you were Born In The USA, you might have a really Boss Bruce Springstein…

bludonda0

If you adored your female sibling's beer mug, you might do it in your Sis Stein Chapel.

bludonda0

88 beer mugs played melodiously would be the Stein way…

sgaon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgaon
jonnyd88 wrote:Not even sure what the joke is supposed to be on this one. It's like someone took a few hours of German 101 at their local community college and decided to slap what they learned on a t-shirt. Can't complain about (attempted) creativity, but I don't understand why it was considered to be Woot! worthy today...

I would hope someone who'd taken German 101 would at least know to capitalize their nouns. Anyways, "Woot shirt with a silly pun" is practically redundant (and I don't think that's a bad thing).

countryjustice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages countryjustice

C'mon...reducing the genius of Einstein to lowbrow beer humor? I'm Serious, what Yahoo thought that would be funny?!

theco2

quality posts: 47 Private Messages theco2
geminitriplets wrote:Remember, despite what you think, your intelligence is greatly diminished after one beer.

Maybe zekecatz's post is proof time is, also.

zekecatz wrote:This shirt demonstrates the relativity of time: it's on sale for one 25 hour day.

theco2

This could also translate to:

Three Stein
Two Stein
A Stein

Just sayin'.

strikerliker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages strikerliker

To be even more picky, if you ask a German for a "Stein", they will give you a stone. The German word for a beer mug is a Krug.

jonnyd88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonnyd88

Not even sure what the joke is supposed to be on this one. It's like someone took a few hours of German 101 at their local community college and decided to slap what they learned on a t-shirt. Can't complain about (attempted) creativity, but I don't understand why it was considered to be Woot! worthy today...

hongkonger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hongkonger

Take a look at the spelling under the last beer mug again, Einstein!

sillstaw

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sillstaw

Eisen stein: Good for revolutions, editing theories and boring your film students.

nuniew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuniew
jonnyd88 wrote:Not even sure what the joke is supposed to be on this one. It's like someone took a few hours of German 101 at their local community college and decided to slap what they learned on a t-shirt. Can't complain about (attempted) creativity, but I don't understand why it was considered to be Woot! worthy today...

+1 for that.
beeing german speaking it's just a no fun at all revival.

also +1 for "Stein means stone" - so better don't wear this when you don't wanna look like having a bad humour near any german speaking people. If it works elsewhere (which the voting suggests): go for it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Woop! Congrats on your first print, Brendan.

I thought this would make it even though it was late, but boy was it close. :^)

goman114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goman114
nuniew wrote:+1 for that.
beeing german speaking it's just a no fun at all revival.

also +1 for "Stein means stone" - so better don't wear this when you don't wanna look like having a bad humour near any german speaking people. If it works elsewhere (which the voting suggests): go for it.

#1: The shirt is a joke (which I would hope is fairly obvious).

#2: This is America, not Germany. You probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than standing next to a German speaker.

#3: You can't speak English. Either that or you had WAY too much to drink before getting behind your keyboard. Maybe you should check your own grammar/spelling before you comment about that of others.

Apparently this shirt wasn't designed for you. May I suggest designing one of your own next time? Or pick from the hundreds of other shirts available on this fine site. This is a fun, lighthearted site (in case you weren't aware). It's overcritical people like you who take life too seriously that makes it a drag for the rest of us.

That is all.

theco2

strikerliker wrote:To be even more picky, if you ask a German for a "Stein", they will give you a stone. The German word for a beer mug is a Krug.

Ah yes, that too.

johnspeacock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnspeacock

W-what? No one mentioned that the plural form of Stein in German is Steinuses?

kilsan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kilsan

Steiny bubbles - great for giving it a carbonated finish albeit a slight poi aftertaste

frankenbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frankenbear

What about Frank N. Stein?

frankenbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frankenbear
johnspeacock wrote:W-what? No one mentioned that the plural form of Stein in German is Steinuses?

So can drinking too much lead to a steinus infection?

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Happy this one made it. Super punny Congrats!

shockerengr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shockerengr

Not really, after one beer, most people's creative is opened up, which can help work on subjects where intelligence is needed.

Too much and any gain is quickly and dramatically lost.

Personally, I'm far better at advanced math with 1-2 beers than with none - enough so that my study group started to give me a beer as soon as I showed up to work on homework.

thorozaine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thorozaine

This is the perfect Brew Day shirt for all the Homebrew folks out there. I know I want it.

lckylbstr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lckylbstr
Wunderbar! The wacky Einstein hair foam is over the top.

did you notice the mustache floating inside the mug? i'm lovin' that!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats brendanj!

sprechsucht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprechsucht

Real steins are made of stoneware/Steingut.

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

This shirt is so awful I logged in just to post.

also re: "drinking beer makes you smarter" - if you drink beer, you're already a dunce.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

brendanj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brendanj

Glad this made it to print! Thanks for all the votes -- it was a crazy ride to the (near) top.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 71 Private Messages oakenspirit

Huzzah! I was rooting for this one.
Grats on the first print!

goman114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goman114

I like how as of now it looks like Wisconsin is buying the most of these shirts! Just seems fitting... (no pun intended)

countryjustice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages countryjustice
nuniew wrote:...don't wear this when you don't wanna look like having a bad humour near any german speaking people.

He's got a point, folks. I know when I need an arbiter for what is and isn't funny, I always ask the German first.

ncginger2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncginger2000
strikerliker wrote:To be even more picky, if you ask a German for a "Stein", they will give you a stone. The German word for a beer mug is a Krug.

Thank you. You saved me the trouble of saying it. This shirt isn't so good when you actually speak German. Yeah, I get the joke but the incorrect word usage prevents me from buying it.