WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

What's your favorite emoji? Is it the crying-cat face? The no-18 symbol? The weird fruit-vegetable thing on the last row of the food page (some internet researching has revealed that it is a "Japanese Yam")?

Emojis may have only been in our vocabulary for a couple years, but have already had a tremendous impact on the way we communicate (or fail to communicate) with each other. It's difficult for us to even write this Derby announcement without resorting to hieroglyphic-style symbolism. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)



michesco89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages michesco89

No limiting rules? Shirt colors and pop culture and whatnot? Well then...should be a blast! (^_^)

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

ಠ_ಠ

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tadkins88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadkins88

Already done with my submisson!!! Woot!

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 114 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I feel like some of these themes should come with an example... I mean, what the hell?


Oh, I just thought of something. Hmm.

anemality


quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
DianaSprinkle wrote:I feel like some of these themes should come with an example... I mean, what the hell?


Oh, I just thought of something. Hmm.



Seconded. :T

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 114 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

For anyone wanting some Japanese Emoticons here's a post with a ton of them I saw floating around Tumblr.

Hopefully this will help.

marceepauff


quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

People should do a google image search first, too -- cause a lot of emoticon/emoji shirts/ideas already exist ad nauseam.

kevlar51


quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

so kind of like a more specific ASCII derby?

or is this illustrations that incorporate emoticons, but aren't necessarily emoticons and nothing else?

oakenspirit


quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

So, these aren't JUST the symbols, right? Like we can draw lil smilies and such?

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

You're a jerk.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

taternuggets


quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
oakenspirit wrote:So, these aren't JUST the symbols, right? Like we can draw lil smilies and such?



Googling emojis brings up smilies so I guess yes.


Nothing follows.

ChuckleNorris


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris

Hmm, not a huge fan of this one.

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 114 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
kevlar51 wrote:so kind of like a more specific ASCII derby?

or is this illustrations that incorporate emoticons, but aren't necessarily emoticons and nothing else?



I'm figuring that this is illustrations that incorporate emoticons derby but you can do pure text if you want.

They'd need a "TEXT ONLY" rule to make it purely emoticons.

zekecatz


quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
ChuckleNorris wrote:Hmm, not a huge fan of this one.


I'm smiling . . . because I know I will be saving money next week.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

I feel like I need to remind all you artists about the cute little squiggly smiling poo emoji. EH, EH?


sjaynedesign


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sjaynedesign

Some artistic interpretation of the existing emoji/emoticon is allowed, correct? Instead of making it look exactly like the original? *grimacing in anticipation of the non-artists who will be taking emoticon/emoji pics off of the internet, slapping them onto shirt templates, and considering it an artistic endeavor*


wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
agingdragqueen wrote:I feel like I need to remind all you artists about the cute little squiggly smiling poo emoji. EH, EH?



I love the cute poo, I wanted to do something with that but I was afraid of the rejectionator! may I?

marceepauff


quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Here's what I came up with. Thoughts?

cdrewlow


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
marceepauff wrote:Here's what I came up with. Thoughts?



I dig it.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

wirdou wrote:I love the cute poo, I wanted to do something with that but I was afraid of the rejectionator! may I?



I'm not the right person to ask because I will always be pro-poo-designs. I am good at whining at Travis though.

BUT HOLY BUTTS A WIRDOU POO TEE I want to see it so bad.


marceepauff


quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff
cdrewlow wrote:I dig it.



Thanks drew. Are you dressed as Opie in your photo?

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
agingdragqueen wrote:I'm not the right person to ask because I will always be pro-poo-designs. I am good at whining at Travis though.

BUT HOLY BUTTS A WIRDOU POO TEE I want to see it so bad.



no need to say more then!:D

jessisima


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

I started working on something... I need input on whether the idea is too silly:

llamasyeah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamasyeah

Do rage faces count? I'm not entering just curious

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

quick rough sketch. What do you think Travis? This will be rejected?

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

llamasyeah wrote:Do rage faces count? I'm not entering just curious



Travis is saying that rage faces are fair game, my personal feelings are that they aren't actually emoji? But whatever, he's going to be pretty open when rejectioning.

wirdou wrote:no need to say more then!:D



I talked to him about the possibilities of a poo design and he begrudgingly agreed to allow it but cautions not to get too graphic. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine BUT THE REST OF Y'ALL WATCH OUT


agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

wirdou wrote:quick rough sketch. What do you think Travis? This will be rejected?



I am pretty sure he'd be cool with that! I think he's worried more about a more realistic poo.

I AM THIS EXCITED


marceepauff


quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff
wirdou wrote:quick rough sketch. What do you think Travis? This will be rejected?



You're awesome wirdoo-doo.

tadkins88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadkins88

Clever i dig it!

marceepauff wrote:Here's what I came up with. Thoughts?



DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 114 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

This is what I currently have.



tadkins88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadkins88

This is all i got...for now heheheh

cdrewlow


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
marceepauff wrote:Thanks drew. Are you dressed as Opie in your photo?



That depends on which Opie you mean. I'm more Opie Taylor than Opie Winston.

marceepauff


quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff
cdrewlow wrote:That depends on which Opie you mean. I'm more Opie Taylor than Opie Winston.



Definitely got a Winston thing going on there.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Here is a rough idea for my design. I'm planing on making it more detailed.

Any thoughts?

tadkins88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadkins88

Hear the Call!!!! I really dig it

omarfeliciano wrote:Here is a rough idea for my design. I'm planing on making it more detailed.

Any thoughts?



ste7enl


quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

I think people are worrying too much about the details. The theme is "emoji and emoticons"...there are no rules, just a theme. It's art, it's open to interpretation. Go wild.

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
marceepauff wrote:You're awesome wirdoo-doo.



Thanks Marce (I really like your design!:D) and agingdragqueen!:D I'll make it shiny and cute!:D

Efrain I love your idea, maybe I would go for kelly green instead of olive, but that's just an opinion!

marceepauff


quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff
wirdou wrote:Efrain I love your idea, maybe I would go for kelly green instead of olive, but that's just an opinion!



^^ That. Idea is great. Not a fan of the olive.

Diana, soopercute. Everyone loves the cats, so I imagine you'll do well.

Speaking of color choices...
Help?

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
marceepauff wrote:^^ That. Idea is great. Not a fan of the olive.

Diana, soopercute. Everyone loves the cats, so I imagine you'll do well.

Speaking of color choices...
Help?



Red for me (I also like royal blue) :D