WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

kenzierebecca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenzierebecca

All of a sudden I realized Nevermore has been reckoned!! Where have I been? (When did this happen?)

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
kenzierebecca wrote:All of a sudden I realized Nevermore has been reckoned!! Where have I been? (When did this happen?)

I don't know where you've been, but I can answer the latter - reckoning #306.

On a different note, this reckoning looks like it'll be the first ever triple-whammy for an artist. Lots of double-whammies, but never a triple before.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Narfcake wrote:I don't know where you've been, but I can answer the latter - reckoning #306.

On a different note, this reckoning looks like it'll be the first ever triple-whammy for an artist. Lots of double-whammies, but never a triple before.

Speaking of records, What Are Those Foxes Saying has been at the top for nine weeks now... Do you know what the record is for staying in the number one position?

Narfcake

EwingKlipspringer wrote:Speaking of records, What Are Those Foxes Saying has been at the top for nine weeks now... Do you know what the record is for staying in the number one position?

Consecutive - Procrastination University, 12 weeks. @Fishbiscuit ousted herself in week #13.

Non-consecutive - The Binge, 16 weeks (+80 minutes). Hallowoot 2009 prevented a full sweep.

Narfcake

7-1/2 hours in, it's looking like today's shirt is another rari-tee. I'm pinning the sales at 53 as of this post, and I estimate it won't clear 200 by the end of the night ...

I wonder how much of this is - the whole weekend, really - due to the whole catalog being on sale ...

ETA: 4:25 CST (Woot time) - About 170 now, with >7-1/2 hours left, so my earlier prediction is most likely off ...

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

So, it's my understanding that the shirts that are going to be reckoned will indeed be "The last chance to get these at $15." But, won't they immediately be dropped to $12 once they enter the catalog? I know people care whether or not the shirts get screen printed, but it seems kind of pointless right now to buy shirts getting reckoned tonight instead of tomorrow, unless you really care about the screen printing.

Narfcake

renegadetim wrote:So, it's my understanding that the shirts that are going to be reckoned will indeed be "The last chance to get these at $15." But, won't they immediately be dropped to $12 once they enter the catalog? ...

For this week, yeah, but I doubt it will be next week.

The catalog's anniversary sale has definitely put a damper on the dailies, and probably shirts in the reckoning too. I pinning today's shirt at 291. <25 minutes left to find out if my chart/graph reading is accurate or not ...