WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hold on to your butts 'cuz we've got a lot to say about this Derby. You ready? First off, the theme was chosen by a MYSTERY CELEBRITY who shall be revealed on Black Friday (the 29th), along with a shirt created by said celebrity. 

That means there will be two winners from this Derby, each of whom shall receive $1,500 for their efforts. It also means that we'll be doing some fun stuff next Friday that you should be sure to set aside all your other shopping plans for.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. We'll also lower the price for the winning shirts based on how many unique voters participate, like so: 

2,500 voters = The Derby shirts sell for $11.50 
5,000 voters = $11 
7,500 voters= $10.50
10k+ voters = $10

So get your friends and reluctant family members to vote for their favorites and lower the price for everybody. Voting multiple times will not affect the outcome. We'll update progress on the votes right in this forum thread throughout the week. 

Phew! Anything else? Oh yeah! The theme is album-cover-TV-show mash-ups, courtesy of our to-be-named celebrity contributor (Hint: It's not Tony Shalub). Y'know, like Home Improvement meets Master of Puppets...



EchoSeven


quality posts: 1 Private Messages EchoSeven

Cue the avalanche of Abbey Road submissions....

calbers76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages calbers76
EchoSeven wrote:Cue the avalanche of Abbey Road submissions....



I was thinking the same thing. Abbey Road and Meet The Beatles overload.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
EchoSeven wrote:Cue the avalanche of Abbey Road submissions....



Just so people know, this one has been done before, and extremely well. So no need for 20 of these.

oakenspirit


quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

FINALLY! I can get around to drawing that Breaking Bad/Micheal Jackson BAD mashup I've been lusting over in my mind....

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

omarfeliciano wrote:Just so people know, this one has been done before, and extremely well. So no need for 20 of these.



There are so many reasons why I love you, Omar.


psykosenator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psykosenator

Lots of types of shows and music, maybe we'll see some jarring juxtapositions. :-0 Marilyn Manson meets the Cosby show. I thought of it first ;)

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I don't watch much TV...so I'm thinking about classics, but how about a nice one using Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream and Other Delights...

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
agingdragqueen wrote:There are so many reasons why I love you, Omar.



eh... I... love... you...too? I guess? lol

And the reason this time would be?

jessisima


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

This was my first idea. A Velvet Underground / Arrested Development mashup. Has anyone seen this done? This is just a sketch, but I'm not sure what to put in place of "Bluth's". Any ideas?

jessisima


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

I thought I was being super clever with Downton Abbey Road for a second.... nope.

sjaynedesign


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sjaynedesign

I figured out what I'm doing...Last Airbender and Abbey Road, here I come.


beware1984


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
oakenspirit wrote:FINALLY! I can get around to drawing that Breaking Bad/Micheal Jackson BAD mashup I've been lusting over in my mind....



Like this? http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/ae/25/b4/ae25b4a12ac3a172c6028db3befddca2.jpg

ste7enl


quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

Is it Wil Wheaton?

texhnolyzed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages texhnolyzed
So get your friends and reluctant family members to vote for their favorites and lower the price for everybody.



Does that mean that even people that never bought anything and/nor never created an account, can vote ?
Or do they still need to at least create an account ?


agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

omarfeliciano wrote:eh... I... love... you...too? I guess? lol

And the reason this time would be?



You're preempting the inevitable derby submissions. Also, Night of the Ulric is definitely one of my most favorite recent shirts, so there's that too!


sonofafish


quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your twists on Abbey Road and Dark Side of the Moon! XD

It's probably unwise, but if I participate, I'm going via a slightly less well-traveled road.

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I'm going for the low hanging fruit this week.





verminbury


quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury

I'm stating up front that I won't have time to do justice to the "Sons of Anarchy" / "Bat out of Hell" mashup that's stuck in my brain. So I won't attempt it, and will throw it out to the teeming masses.

tadkins88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadkins88

Thoughts?

jessisima


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
verminbury wrote:I'm stating up front that I won't have time to do justice to the "Sons of Anarchy" / "Bat out of Hell" mashup that's stuck in my brain. So I won't attempt it, and will throw it out to the teeming masses.



This is such a great idea.... and it would be soooo hard....

cdrewlow


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
odysseyroc wrote:I'm going for the low hanging fruit this week.



I dig it. Maybe some Doctors standing around it?

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
odysseyroc wrote:I'm going for the low hanging fruit this week.



Sorry, it's been don before... lol

toby8915


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
odysseyroc wrote:I'm going for the low hanging fruit this week.



I'm working on the same concept except with doctors

oakenspirit


quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
beware1984 wrote:Like this? http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/ae/25/b4/ae25b4a12ac3a172c6028db3befddca2.jpg



BAHAHA- I can't believe someone actually made that- I was totally joking-

oakenspirit


quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
ste7enl wrote:Is it Wil Wheaton?



That was my first thought too-

oakenspirit


quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
sonofafish wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing all of your twists on Abbey Road and Dark Side of the Moon! XD

It's probably unwise, but if I participate, I'm going via a slightly less well-traveled road.



But but but- I have a really cool version of dark side of the moon!

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

What's the status on celebrity likenesses nowadays

ChuckleNorris


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris



Before I put work into this, has this mash-up been done before?

oakenspirit


quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
ChuckleNorris wrote:

Before I put work into this, has this mash-up been done before?



Hahaha- I turned in something VERY similar to woot as a daily half a year ago- It was quickly rejected... I don't know of it being done anywhere else though--- I was going to enter an updated version of it but, oh wells... GMTA ;)

sonofafish


quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
capedcrusader514 wrote:What's the status on celebrity likenesses nowadays



The status is nothing has been rejected for any reason in about a month.

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 25 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

It's the pop-culture pop-culture derby! Yaaaaaaaay! (sarcasm)

Good for Woot but not for me. I like the more artsy items. I don't even keep up with current day pop-culture, I'm not a fan of music, and unless you're talking about TV shows like anime series, I probably haven't watched it. |3

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

writermist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

2500 votes? we barely reach 500 on a shirt. :/

or do they mean all votes on all shirt entries total

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
writermist wrote:2500 votes? we barely reach 500 on a shirt. :/

or do they mean all votes on all shirt entries total



voters, not votes.

kharmazero


quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
oakenspirit wrote:BAHAHA- I can't believe someone actually made that- I was totally joking-


or like this

lagruehl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lagruehl
odysseyroc wrote:I'm going for the low hanging fruit this week.



Me too, Dark Side of the Moon and Reading Rainbow is too Perfect not to do. Though it is beginning to look like that is a popular idea

lagruehl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lagruehl
oakenspirit wrote:Hahaha- I turned in something VERY similar to woot as a daily half a year ago- It was quickly rejected... I don't know of it being done anywhere else though--- I was going to enter an updated version of it but, oh wells... GMTA ;)



I guess I should have read all the comments first, I too just started this design... Though looks very different

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
ambergreen wrote:I don't watch much TV...so I'm thinking about classics, but how about a nice one using Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream and Other Delights...



I just bought that album on vinyl for half a dollar this weekend- very relaxing.

My personal guess is it'll be Wil Wheaton.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I have one idea in mind, but not sure if people will get it unless they remember Sid and Marty Croft shows...

tbolt86


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbolt86
ChuckleNorris wrote:

Before I put work into this, has this mash-up been done before?



Erg - I've got one w/ this concept about 90% done...

*sigh*