WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

All of our major personal problems are caused by evolution. Think about it: We crave fats and sugar because of the evolutionary advantage of seeking these high-calorie foods, we fret endlessly over sex due to the biological imperative to reproduce, and our backs hurt like hell because bipedalism evolved relatively recently (and the kinks haven't been worked out). In other words: #thanksevolution. 

We don't want to wade into the evolution "debate" by "picking sides" on this "contentious issue," so we'll just say that we are on the side of the debate that is correct. But no matter what "side" you "take," you can still express your feelings through the universal language of graphic t-shirt design. 

• No Doctor Who
  • No text-only designs 

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Predicting lots of Darwin and monkeys.

mandklewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandklewis

thank you for no doctor who...try something new creative people!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 74 Private Messages oakenspirit

Oh dear!- I just had the WORST idea.... mwahahhaahhahhaha.a...

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Love this theme!:D:D

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Evolution doesn't always have to be apes into humans. Take some inspiration from science fiction. Let's see some creative entries that aren't just pop-culture as well. :P

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

A quick idea ...

Thoughts?

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Here's mine (insert parade music):

Origin of Origin of Species by Ape Lad, on Flickr

jessisima

ApeLad wrote:Here's mine (insert parade music):

Nice! I really like this.

ApeLad

jessisima wrote:Nice! I really like this.

Thank you!

jessisima

I started on another design idea.... and at some point realized that it might be a bit convoluted. In the land of comic books, Radioactive Waste tends to cause mutation, and mutation is essential to evolution :/ Thoughts?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
jessisima wrote:A quick idea ...

Thoughts?

This is great, what about 'Common Ancestor' instead?

Spiritgreen

Very very cool! Y'know that lamp is tantalisingly close to being a light bulb moment above Darwin's head, just gotta lower it a tad and add some white. :^)

oakenspirit

So cool- and I agree with Spiritgreen's Brilliant suggestion!

oakenspirit

jessisima wrote:
I started on another design idea.... and at some point realized that it might be a bit convoluted. In the land of comic books, Radioactive Waste tends to cause mutation, and mutation is essential to evolution :/ Thoughts?

I think it's clever and the turtle pairing will possibly get you some vote boost- I do like the idea of NOT WAITING ON EVOLUTION -

oakenspirit

jessisima wrote:A quick idea ...

Thoughts?

Very cute- I think DEVOLUTION is kind of an odd word choice though...

and I would drop the fig. 1 ... I often wonder why these funny illustrations are ALWAYS the first figure in a book... heh

Looks sharp though!

oakenspirit

Here's what I'm messing with- does it need anything?

ApeLad

Spiritgreen wrote:Very very cool! Y'know that lamp is tantalisingly close to being a light bulb moment above Darwin's head, just gotta lower it a tad and add some white. :^)

Yes! That's why it's there. I'll take your advice to make it a bit more obvious. Thanks!

ApeLad

jessisima wrote:

This is great! Maybe add subtle silhouettes of super humans and turtles to the background? Maybe that will make it too busy.

tadkins88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadkins88

Thoughts? Its called Evolution of Lies.

Not sure why the link isn't showing the image

Spiritgreen

ApeLad wrote:Yes! That's why it's there. I'll take your advice to make it a bit more obvious. Thanks!

Well see you should always ask yourself, 'Is this too subtle for Spiritgreen?'. The answer is always yes, so you gotta dumb it down a bit. ;)