Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22
Rhonwyn22 wrote:We actually met Wil Wheaton at Emerald City Comicon. He was wearing a Woot shirt but not one of these. It was the DOS computer one - C:\
My son bought one of those shirts the next time it came up.

This one: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/1981

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2

NEVER wait for the emails, if you want the good stuff. That should be a given.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin
theco2 wrote:NEVER wait for the emails, if you want the good stuff. That should be a given.

Oy! We know not to wait for the emails. I know good things come up at midnight. I know midnight is the magical moment. If I miss something because I didn't check at midnight, it's my bad.

But getting an email at 2:50 pm the next day about that item, already long gone, does seem a bit sadistic. They may as well send an email saying "Ha, ha, look what you can't buy!"

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
ThunderThighs wrote:Here's a good explanation by the head of Shirt.Woot.

Nice thing about digital printing is that it allows us to offer all (well most) of our designs all the time. This was something wooters had been begging for.

It makes a little more sense, but does that mean that all sizes come as a whole or that less-purchased sizes will not get the quality boost (I still highly prefer screen prints) unless they also reach a certain number? I genuinely hope it's the former, otherwise I feel I'm being 'punished' for choosing Men's Small over Men's Medium in these cases. :<

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
TobiasAmaranth wrote:It makes a little more sense, but does that mean that all sizes come as a whole or that less-purchased sizes will not get the quality boost (I still highly prefer screen prints) unless they also reach a certain number? I genuinely hope it's the former, otherwise I feel I'm being 'punished' for choosing Men's Small over Men's Medium in these cases. :<

The only one who has an answer to this is the production manager. They've done stranger things before; one l/s I have sold 8, but was screened, yet another shirt bought off the reckoning was DTG. Didn't have any qualms about that one (beyond the blank) - it was 1 color. How badly could they mess that up? ...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TobiasAmaranth wrote:It makes a little more sense, but does that mean that all sizes come as a whole or that less-purchased sizes will not get the quality boost (I still highly prefer screen prints) unless they also reach a certain number? I genuinely hope it's the former, otherwise I feel I'm being 'punished' for choosing Men's Small over Men's Medium in these cases. :<

Like Narf said, it's up to the production manager. But once the machine is set up for the inks, I would think they would run all sizes (two screen sizes) unless there was just a really small number in one screen size.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
ThunderThighs wrote:Like Narf said, it's up to the production manager. But once the machine is set up for the inks, I would think they would run all sizes (two screen sizes) unless there was just a really small number in one screen size.

Only two screen sizes total. Aha. Gotcha.

Well alright then. :3 I guess I'm just one of the odd ones who would rather not have the shirt than get digital printing. :P

I specifically wait for the side sales for shirts I'm trying to upgrade to smalls rather than hit the side catalog because of my preference. So while I understand it, I guess I would rather not have it produced than end up with something I'm unhappy with. Heh.

(When you guys eventually have a fox-specific side sale, I hope you'll at least make sure everything's screened. ;3 Also, reprint on gitd lw Vulpa hoodie. I like it and need a spare. Armpit already has a hole, lol.)

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pitamuffin wrote:Oy! We know not to wait for the emails. I know good things come up at midnight. I know midnight is the magical moment. If I miss something because I didn't check at midnight, it's my bad.

But getting an email at 2:50 pm the next day about that item, already long gone, does seem a bit sadistic. They may as well send an email saying "Ha, ha, look what you can't buy!"

This. My point was not about 'missing' the item, it was about drafting an email for a sale item that is in fact, no longer for sale. Someone wrote it up, another someone approved it, and out it went, listing an item that wasn't for sale and hadn't been for sale for several HOURS prior to the time it was sent. There was plenty of time to edit the email so that it was accurate.

Emails are a bit pointless if they don't actually provide the option to purchase the item advertised. Since this seems to be an ongoing problem with woot, I'll be changing my preferences to no longer get them.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
Mavyn wrote:This. My point was not about 'missing' the item, it was about drafting an email for a sale item that is in fact, no longer for sale. Someone wrote it up, another someone approved it, and out it went, listing an item that wasn't for sale and hadn't been for sale for several HOURS prior to the time it was sent. There was plenty of time to edit the email so that it was accurate.

Emails are a bit pointless if they don't actually provide the option to purchase the item advertised. Since this seems to be an ongoing problem with woot, I'll be changing my preferences to no longer get them.

Relevant disappointment

Wil Wheaton Chimes In

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
jon98gn wrote:Relevant disappointment

Wil Wheaton Chimes In

What item did he miss? Something on November 14th?

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
bsmith1 wrote:What item did he miss? Something on November 14th?

I want to say it was the Google Nexus Tablet, but I could be wrong.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain
Rhonwyn22 wrote:We actually met Wil Wheaton at Emerald City Comicon. He was wearing a Woot shirt but not one of these. It was the DOS computer one - C:\
My son bought one of those shirts the next time it came up.

I have that one! :-)

The10101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The10101

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-formula-for-success
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-formula-for-success-49

What's going on here?

Is it just for the shipping dates?

hawkeye479

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawkeye479

Anyone else's tracking say that it's delivered even though it isn't? ...mine says it was delivered on the 3rd but it most definitely wasn't

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

hawkeye479 wrote:Anyone else's tracking say that it's delivered even though it isn't? ...mine says it was delivered on the 3rd but it most definitely wasn't

I'm sorry for the trouble. Have you emailed support@woot.com yet? If not, please send them a message with your order number and user name.

UPDATE: I didn't think about it earlier, but I bet you got a recycled number? I can't verify that one way or another, but it's just a thought.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

barkwoot

quality posts: 62 Private Messages barkwoot
hawkeye479 wrote:Anyone else's tracking say that it's delivered even though it isn't? ...mine says it was delivered on the 3rd but it most definitely wasn't

Mine still says shipping now. I was going to give them until tomorrow before I started asking about it. I then noticed that most of the rest of the Wil Wheaton Sale says that they'll ship on 12/11. So thought the Mystery Box might ship then too.

Now I'm wondering again...

manhandsha

Staff

barkwoot wrote:Mine still says shipping now. I was going to give them until tomorrow before I started asking about it. I then noticed that most of the rest of the Wil Wheaton Sale says that they'll ship on 12/11. So thought the Mystery Box might ship then too.

Now I'm wondering again...

I think 12/11 is correct, but I'm checking to be sure.

UDPATE: Confirmed, 12/11 for shipping.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

barkwoot

manhandsha wrote:I think 12/11 is correct, but I'm checking to be sure.

Thanks manhandsha!

sandyos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandyos

Mine says shipped and delivered.
But I did not receive anything yet either. I submitted a note to Support last week, but have not heard anything back from them! No note or email saying it will ship, etc.
Not happy!

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

sandyos wrote:Mine says shipped and delivered.
But I did not receive anything yet either. I submitted a note to Support last week, but have not heard anything back from them! No note or email saying it will ship, etc.
Not happy!

It looks like the tracking you received was for the other items in your order. It's likely the item from this sale will ship on 12/11 or thereabouts. When it's shipped, you'll get another tracking number for that package.

diverdan79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diverdan79

Hopefully it ships today. I can't wait to see what we get.

saramwrap

quality posts: 15 Private Messages saramwrap

*poke*

emoturm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emoturm

I managed to get in for three and am now way too excited for tracking numbers.

I really shouldn't be this excited, it might be a let down, I just can't help myself.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
bsmith1 wrote:

This looks like a cue! We haven't had a good .gif (or .gif) thread in a long time ...

diverdan79

barkwoot

I just got an e-mail from Shirt.Woot asking for my T-shirt size in order to complete my order. They asked for a response by noon CST on 12/13 (tomorrow).

diverdan79

barkwoot wrote:I just got an e-mail from Shirt.Woot asking for my T-shirt size in order to complete my order. They asked for a response by noon CST on 12/13 (tomorrow).

Me too. Hopefully it is shipping tomorrow then.

saramwrap

quality posts: 15 Private Messages saramwrap

Glad to see that this time, replying to the size email doesn't go into a black hole. :D

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

I also got the email asking for a size. It almost looked like spam, didn't say Woot in the sender name or subject. If you're searching for an email to respond to, mine came from Joel Lewis.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3150 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

barkwoot

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

So, got a tracking # about 4 days ago - but Fedex says it doesn't exist. o_O

manhandsha

Staff

thumperchick wrote:So, got a tracking # about 4 days ago - but Fedex says it doesn't exist. o_O

Does 'Track by Reference' using your order number pull up any info?

diverdan79

manhandsha wrote:Does 'Track by Reference' using your order number pull up any info?

I got an email at 3 am Monday morning saying my package has shipped, but no record of shipping yet. I tracked by reference number and nothing shows up.

barkwoot

I haven't gotten any tracking info, nor does STUFF YOU BOUGHT show any tracking info. Track By Reference is coming back not found too.

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

Wil Wheaton disappoints again. Don't even try and tell me your MeeMaw died, I'm not falling for that one anymore.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

I'll check with Joel today, y'all'ze's.