maggiearnold83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maggiearnold83

Is Woot still printing on the baggy, scratchy, unflattering Anvil shirts or have they switched to something better? I haven't purchased any Woot designs since Woot starting printing on the new Anvil shirts. I'd love to buy a few of the current designs but only if they are not printed on Anvil tees.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

They're still using Anvil.

sdilullo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages sdilullo

Yeah, I bought a few last month during the $12 sale and the sizing is... odd.

I measured myself and used their guide, and I guess they fit right, technically. I wear a Small (Men's) most of the but, according to Woot's sizing, I needed a Medium - and that's what I ordered. But the fit is really bizarre.

Too baggy around my waist/abs and too long. Yet pretty much just right around my chest. They could definitely stand to lose an inch or two in the waist and in length.

Still love the designs, but I just don't understand the fit.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 282
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

Narfcake

sdilullo wrote:... Still love the designs, but I just don't understand the fit.

Women's shirts, right?

I think it was in the main thread in which another Wooter described them as "trapezoidal in shape". They're definitely not hourglass shaped or straight seamed, though if you have a sewing machine, at least making it straight seamed is possible. @Ochopika posted a little tutorial here.

I surprised about being too long. My experience with size ML - a couple trips through the dryer, and they'll lose 2-3" in length ... and I'm not the only Wooter to document this shrinkage either. Even line drying, they shrink.

sdilullo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages sdilullo
Narfcake wrote:Women's shirts, right?

Men's, actually.

(Suppose I should've mentioned that - I'll edit my post above).

I'm pretty thin so that's undoubtedly a factor. They probably fit the "average American" build decently.

I was hoping they'd shrink a little so that's good news. We'll see how things fit after a couple washes.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 282
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

Narfcake

sdilullo wrote:... I'm pretty thin so that's undoubtedly a factor. They probably fit the "average American" build decently.

The shirts are tubular in construction, so there should be no difference in the chest and waist measurements unless the shirt got stretched out. Short of some tailoring, probably every t-shirt out there them be loose for you.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

Still on Anvil. Sigh..

Also stopped buying shirts myself since the switch.

cloudyview

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cloudyview

I've stopped too.

I'm not a small guy...at all...

The 3X Anvil is too short after the first wash, while 3X AA fits fine.

No need to make t-shirts into belly shirts...

What ever happened to the option to select T manufacturer? There were a few days where you could select AA at an upcharge - I'm perfectly OK with that, if it means I can have shirts that are wearable...

nocturnx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nocturnx
cloudyview wrote:

What ever happened to the option to select T manufacturer? There were a few days where you could select AA at an upcharge - I'm perfectly OK with that, if it means I can have shirts that are wearable...

That's hilarious since they raised the prices when they switched to Anvil. I'm done buying shoddy Anvil shirts and will wait to buy anything until they switch to a new T manufacturer... anyone but Anvil.

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack

Many of us have tried to express our dislike for the Anvil shirts. I really believe that some of the woot staff agrees with us, but they don't get to make the decisions. The quality of the AA shirts is so much better. It is a shame that they won't bring them back or allow a surcharge to get them. It would be worth it.

I have been sad to pass on quite a few great designs because of the quality of the shirts.

wickedirish7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedirish7

If woot were to bring back AA shirts, not only would their day to day sales increase (according to the popular opinion on this thread), but they would also see a huge increase in their back log sales. I for one have about 13 shirts that I would rebuy in an instant.

I am not sure what the 'larger size' issue I keep reading about is. I have all my shirts in 2x and the Anvil (junk) are worthless after about 2 or 3 washes.

I still have my Nevermore (bought on day one) and it is in great shape. My 'Shoot First' is already a space keeper in my w00t drawer.

Please bring the AA shirts back, permanently.

I am reposting this myself from a different, related thread. I haven't read the entire thread so if this has been mentioned before, you have my apologies.

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi
wickedirish7 wrote:If woot were to bring back AA shirts, not only would their day to day sales increase (according to the popular opinion on this thread), but they would also see a huge increase in their back log sales. I for one have about 13 shirts that I would rebuy in an instant.

I think you have the right idea, but just bringing back AA shirts (or option for AA) won't solve all the problems. When Woot did the promotion a couple months ago--gave the option of AA-- they didn't advertise it. No email was ever sent out about it. I believe somebody else commented about this. That Woot didn't advertise it so when the week was up, they could say, well we tried it, but the numbers didn't increase by much..

Don't also forget that Woot pretty much screwed over their customer base and essentially gave us the middle finger right before they switched providers-- increasing the price of the shirts and then changing to an inferior provider.

I think bringing the AA shirts back (or at least as an option) alongside notifying people about it would help, but Woot has more work when it comes to reconciling with their customer base. I myself haven't purchased a shirt (or anything) for myself since May 17, 2013, and it's not because I haven't seen one that I liked. I wore a WM perfectly in AA, but since the switch, I no longer have a size. The shirts are wayyy to big for me and (I'm sorry) but I don't see the reason to purchase a shirt that I have to alter. I have began moving towards TeeFury and have been very happy with the couple purchases I have made thus far.

larkspur29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larkspur29

Not being a man, I can't speak for men's' shirts, but the AA women's shirts are not very stretchy compared to most women's shirts which makes for unflattering pulls and wrinkles in certain places. I can't say I love the Anvil shirts, but there is enough chest room. Neither shirt is made from a fabric I would purchase to make my own shirt from.

I do sew and alter my own clothes so I am maybe ununusually sensitive to pulls and wrinkles.