WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Be honest, do you like math?
  • 16.5% - No way! 148
  • 42.3% - I wouldn't say I like it, but I find it useful! 379
  • 41.2% - Heck yeah! Math problems are just puzzles, y'all! 369
896 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Yes. How could I have been so obtuse as to think I wouldn't use math after I finished school. I saw the sine and acute need to get over my distaste for math. I've always been good at it.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

Well I've got an A.S. in mathematics, a B.S. in chemical engineering, a M.S in materials engineering, and currently working on the Ph.D. to round it all off. I know there's been some math in there somewhere....I'm pretty sure I like it. Some of it. I don't do stats.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

I enjoy basic math, I get lost on around calculus- sine, cosine, and all of that crap. I don't quite understand it enouth and thus far haven't had to use it for IT work. But basic logic type algebra is necessary for pretty much any kind of coding.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

It entirely depends on how it's presented. If it's presented in a school type of format then I am less likely to want to do it. If you dress that same problem in a bow and put it in a book titled something like "Brain teasers" or "Variety Puzzles" then I will seek it out and devour it.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Yay, math! I like to keep a running total in my head while I shop. It's most challenging when there are taxable and non-taxable items, especially so if there are local fractional-cent taxes that apply to only some of the taxable items. Whee!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I feasting hate math. I'm terrible at math! I'm a right brainer.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley

I have to- I'm the math teacher.