WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you ever put a t-shirt over your head when you sleep?
  • 6.9% - No, I use an eye mask 86
  • 86.1% - No, I don't need anything over my eyes to sleep 1068
  • 6% - Yes, sometimes 75
  • 0.9% - Yes, most nights 11
1240 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn

OK, this is weirdass, even for WOOT! Next they'll ask if you ever put your contact lenses under your toenails.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

gertiestn wrote:OK, this is weirdass, even for WOOT! Next they'll ask if you ever put your contact lenses under your toenails.

I don't wanna know what kind of eye boogers that would cause!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

I sleep in a bandanna, so i just pull that down over my eyes. ?___?

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

genocyber36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genocyber36
gertiestn wrote:OK, this is weirdass, even for WOOT! Next they'll ask if you ever put your contact lenses under your toenails.

to me, it isn't that strange of a question. I work a late shift and even with black curtains covering up my windows I still see a bit of sunlight during the day. so I sleep with one of my hoodies sleeves over my eyes. in the winter I wrap the rest around the top of my head to keep warm. works like a charm and has for the past 6 years. if I fold it around my ears it muffles the outside noise, so then it is a perfect dark, quiet, warm sleeping environment for me

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I have blackout shades on my windows, so my bedroom is a vampire cave. All I have to do is close my eyes.

And if i'm falling asleep outside, where the light is dappled or hazed or twinkled or whatever, then I just let that shine through my eyelids as it will and influence my dreams accordingly.

nlevake

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nlevake

Weird! I usually sleep on two down pillows, with a super-old, super-thin down pillow over my head. Keeps out light, sounds, etc. Phone under the pillows for some Andrew Johnson as I go to sleep. Sound machine or Nature Sounds in the background. But if I'm away from home and don't have my pillow, I'll always use a T-shirt, or I'm not sleeping...I've slept with my head covered since I was a child.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Nope. I use a cat (or cats).

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I think this would inspire nightmares. I can't sleep with anything over my face, not even a whisper thin sheet. Even in the freezing cold. But then, I can't sleep if the sun is up unless I'm sick.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
beaglebrains wrote:Nope. I use a cat (or cats).

Yes. Effective indeed.

atherea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atherea

I pull the blanket up like a hood so it covers my eyes but not the rest of my face. Eye masks slip off too easily, let gaps of light in, or they're designed to correct that and are uncomfortable instead.

maxikyd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maxikyd

When it's cold, it keeps my face warm. -15 degrees for the high yesterday.

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

No, soiled underpants work just fine.

hoomgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoomgar

I use a hat/beanie. It is to keep my bald head and ears warm. Being long enough to pull down over my eyes is just a bonus. You've not slept until you do this. Turn the heat down and put on cap. You sleep so deep you don't hear the alarm clock! LOL!

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

I like to sleep with a wet towel over my face.
It comes from being water-boarded a couple of times while sleep deprived...

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

theco2

quality posts: 63 Private Messages theco2

I can't sleep with anything over my face.

hwalsh10284 wrote:No, soiled underpants work just fine.

Creep!

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

I use a pillow. Weird, I know.

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

Usually... have to put it over my mouth.

Always sleep on my back with my mouth open, so the t-shirt (sheet if I don't have a spare t-shirt) keeps my throat from drying out every night... can't talk well if I forget it.

Mersco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mersco

I sleep in a writhing pit of slugs. Every once in a while I'll cover my face with a t-shirt in an effort to get away from the horror of it all.