Staff

Poll: Do you have a new console?
  • 7.1% - Yep, PS4! 89
  • 5.7% - Yep, Xbox One! 71
  • 7% - Yep! Wait, does Wii U count? 88
  • 33.9% - Nope, I'm a PC gamer 425
  • 46.4% - Nope, I'm not much of a gamer 582
1255 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Where is the "no not yet" option? I'm a huge gamer, but I don't have the money for a new console yet.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

I'm a PC/Nintendo Gamer.... which is obviously the best type.

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman
Harui wrote:Where is the "no not yet" option? I'm a huge gamer, but I don't have the money for a new console yet.

Agreed.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

NVIDIA Shield?
OUYA?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
oakenspirit wrote:I'm a PC/Nintendo Gamer.... which is obviously the best type.

For the price of the new consoles, you can get a half-decent game PC. Not top-end by any means, but jeeze, it does PC things, too. And it will play your old PC games, all the way back to Windows XP and even some older ones in compatibility mode. They are expandable; Not getting the frame rates you need? Install a video card, RAM. Install a bigger HDD, etc. I spent more for my PC, but it's top-shelf, and I like the PC version of most games better than the consoles.

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

I opted to wait on the PS4. I'll pick it up whenever the new Uncharted comes out and hopefully the other interesting looking games have dropped in price.

Still too busy wreaking havoc in GTAV.

THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR MANHANDSHA'S BADGE

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

PS4 was announced two weeks after I bought my PS3 so I will be holding here for a while.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

This should have been checkboxes instead of radio buttons. PS4 and WiiU here, if that counts.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Xbox One here. Very happy so far. Wish I could rename it Jarvis though.

Nothing follows.

POB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages POB

How about a "Not Yet" choice.

xpinkadelicx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xpinkadelicx
sunnyx0r wrote:This should have been checkboxes instead of radio buttons. PS4 and WiiU here, if that counts.

Same here, Xbox One, PS4, and WiiU. My husband and I decided to splurge this year.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
PocketBrain wrote:For the price of the new consoles, you can get a half-decent game PC. Not top-end by any means, but jeeze, it does PC things, too. And it will play your old PC games, all the way back to Windows XP and even some older ones in compatibility mode. They are expandable; Not getting the frame rates you need? Install a video card, RAM. Install a bigger HDD, etc. I spent more for my PC, but it's top-shelf, and I like the PC version of most games better than the consoles.

Totally- I build my own PCs and get the crazy multiplatform games for it, while having a WiiU for the living room so I can play the marios and zeldas (and pikmins!)

gingertalls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingertalls
POB wrote:How about a "Not Yet" choice.

Right...or just a simple No.

razzle1210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razzle1210

I have a NEW xBox 360--it's not the xBox One--but it is new and the kids will still love it.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

Not yet, but I keep hoping I'll win one from somewhere! Here's to hoping!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

swilliams19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swilliams19

I just got a new PS3 a month or two ago! :D So definitely won't be getting one of the new consoles for a while.

Typically I'm a PC gamer, so that's what I voted for.

omnichad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omnichad

Definitely need the "No. I'm too cheap to buy the Wii U until it's under $200"

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Hehe, I'm waiting for Uncharted, as well. :3 I'm hoping they'll have one of those system+game bundles they usually have with really popular games. ESPECIALLY hoping the system will also be game-themed! :D

FrostByte wrote:I opted to wait on the PS4. I'll pick it up whenever the new Uncharted comes out and hopefully the other interesting looking games have dropped in price.

Still too busy wreaking havoc in GTAV.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

deathysaurusrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deathysaurusrex

I'm gonna go with "Too broke to afford any of them."

lonelypond

quality posts: 417 Private Messages lonelypond
Harui wrote:Where is the "no not yet" option? I'm a huge gamer, but I don't have the money for a new console yet.

Not a huge gamer (working through the FIFA 2011 I got for Christmas last year on my Wii right now) so waiting for the price to drop on the options the shiny new consoles are replacing so I can have some fun and add a BluRay player to the family electronics mix on the relative cheap.

eehad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eehad

totally agree. just cause I haven't a new one yet doesn't mean I must be either PC Gamer or non-gamer

thestone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thestone

PC Gaming forever. After I build a new tower, I will probably end up getting a PS4 at some point.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I don't have an old console.

roussie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages roussie
PocketBrain wrote:For the price of the new consoles, you can get a half-decent game PC. Not top-end by any means, but jeeze, it does PC things, too. And it will play your old PC games, all the way back to Windows XP and even some older ones in compatibility mode. They are expandable; Not getting the frame rates you need? Install a video card, RAM. Install a bigger HDD, etc. I spent more for my PC, but it's top-shelf, and I like the PC version of most games better than the consoles.

Yeah but the X-box one can play your games, movies, and music all from the same device! If only computers hadn't been doing that since the 90s..................

Too soon?

My thought has always been that you're going to have a home computer anyway. So after paying the difference to upgrade it to a decent gaming computer and you're about at a console.

Laurface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Laurface

Where is the, "Nope, because I'm happy with my current consoles" option? :P

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
oakenspirit wrote:Totally- I build my own PCs and get the crazy multiplatform games for it, while having a WiiU for the living room so I can play the marios and zeldas (and pikmins!)

::fistbump::