1%
0%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Oops! You forgot to patch the derby votes, now everyone knows that Walmazan will be printing tomorrow...

lordbowen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages lordbowen

So creepy and yet SO cool.

shortman

quality posts: 40 Private Messages shortman

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

Grats ace- Clever idea-

@woot -

I like the idea of sponsored derbies as long as they are rare. I think that adds to their charm- If they became a regular thing, THEN I think the YOUS SOLD OUT banners would start waving. ;)

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Great design, big fan of the game, and the shirt.

dacrete

quality posts: 105 Private Messages dacrete

Love the details on the shoe box

collapsinghrung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collapsinghrung

Since comments on the whole idea of "sponsored derbies" were requested:

I don't play Temple Run. I think the subject wasn't a great choice for a derby; the submissions were highly similar. There's a man, some skull-headed monkeys, and usually a golden idol.

I think sponsored derbies in a similar vein are a great idea, though. But hopefully the theme will be something that people have different things to say about.

DynamiteDG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DynamiteDG

I love the game, and I love Patrickspens' winning design. Great choice, Imangi!

As for sponsored derbies, I like the idea in moderation. Having them too often will likely be overkill. Thanks for starting with this one!

patrickspens

quality posts: 8 Private Messages patrickspens

Thanks for picking my design Imangi!!!

jhuger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhuger

Maybe do the sponsored derby as an occasional side deal kind of thing?

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

It reminds me of Sachiel from Evangelion!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Congratulations on the win, Patrick.
Congratulations on the comment from Patrick, Imangi.
He has more individual shirt prints than comments.

112elmst

quality posts: 5 Private Messages 112elmst

Great, now I've got to put Temple-Running Shows on my Christmas List.

I'm still waiting on the Nancy Spumoni Snow Boots.

scoffman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoffman
collapsinghrung wrote:Since comments on the whole idea of "sponsored derbies" were requested:

I don't play Temple Run. I think the subject wasn't a great choice for a derby; the submissions were highly similar. There's a man, some skull-headed monkeys, and usually a golden idol.

I think sponsored derbies in a similar vein are a great idea, though. But hopefully the theme will be something that people have different things to say about.

I agree... I'm not familiar with the game, so this shirt design was lost on me. I've been a Woot member for a long time and have loved many of the past shirt designs but his one left me scratching my head. I don't play games on my mobile phone (since it's provided by my employer) and I don't have much use for a tablet; my plain old PC provides me with plenty of entertainment on a nice big 24" screen. Why would I want to bother with watching a movie or playing a game on a tiny screen? Seems rather L-a-m-e to me...

(Woot converts the word L-A-M-E to Underwear for some reason. underwear!)

cargobroombroom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cargobroombroom

Damnit PatrickPens! Stop making cool shirts. This would be like the 5th of yours I have bought.

fatkatbuyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatkatbuyo
112elmst wrote:Great, now I've got to put Temple-Running Shows on my Christmas List.

I'm still waiting on the Nancy Spumoni Snow Boots.

Aaaaahahaha... I understood that reference :3 -giggle-

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
cargobroombroom wrote:Damnit PatrickPens! Stop making cool shirts. This would be like the 5th of yours I have bought.

Only 5? Click Patrick's catalog link, aka Destroyer of Closets.

Congrats on being selected as the winner, PS!

phredt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phredt

I like how the patrickspens bio text on this one just says "Bio text." It's almost like he wins these things so often that woot's actually run out of things to say about him.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Oh man. He looks like Gossamer now!

un5tab1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages un5tab1e
scoffman wrote:I agree... I'm not familiar with the game, so this shirt design was lost on me. I've been a Woot member for a long time and have loved many of the past shirt designs but his one left me scratching my head. I don't play games on my mobile phone (since it's provided by my employer) and I don't have much use for a tablet; my plain old PC provides me with plenty of entertainment on a nice big 24" screen. Why would I want to bother with watching a movie or playing a game on a tiny screen? Seems rather L-a-m-e to me...

(Woot converts the word L-A-M-E to Underwear for some reason. underwear!)

I agree that the sponsored shirts should be rare, possibly once a month at the most. Has anyone considered that this would open the door for a Woot sponsored derby?

lckylbstr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lckylbstr

erm, don't want to be a party pooper, but i'm thinking sell-out on this idea. i wouldn't think that shirt.woot is hurtin' for money that they need sponsors...tho it is a cool marketing tactic for imangi. thumbs up for imangi from a marketing standpoint, thumbs down to shirt.woot for going with it.

liliesandink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liliesandink

Congrats, Patrick!
And I think these sponsored derbies are a great idea! I just wish I was good enough to win one. I've never entered a design before.

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD

I actually love the idea of sponsored derbies (derbys?...I dunno). It breaks up the monotony of the usual ones. As for those who have never played Temple Run (me included), it's no different than when a winning design is themed after a movie or show you've never seen. Happens all the time to me. No biggie. Anyway, I personally like sponsorships...seeing Woot partner up with businesses I like is a good thing.

I can't stand when people label others as sell outs. This is a capitalist society! THEY'RE A BUSINESS!!! Of course they're trying to make money!

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

impreza13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impreza13

An occassional sponsored derby seems like a win-win for everyone. My 11-yr old daughter is going to LOVE this shirt! As an aside to the Temple Run people, she prefers Temple Run over Temple Run 2 for reasons she cannot explain.

Lbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lbug
scoffman wrote:...I've been a Woot member for a long time and have loved many of the past shirt designs but his one left me scratching my head....

Most Woot shirts leave me scratching my head, especially ones based on comic books, videogames, or TV shows created after 1990. I still check Woot daily and own about 30 different Woot shirts. So this curmudgeon doesn't think the occasional head-scratch is a reason to skip a theme.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Patrick! Awesome work as always!

theco2

quality posts: 55 Private Messages theco2

The first thing I thought of, when I saw this shirt, was Spy vs. Spy.

I had never heard of Temple Run, before this derby.

lonelypond

quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond

Clever cartoony fun.

re: sponsored derbies: interesting to see what artists did with the limited elements, although I don't get that excited about the competition when I'm not likely to buy a shirt. I am now a little curious about the game so that cross promotion angle worked. As mentioned by a few people,the occasional sponsored derby seem like a good idea, although it'll help if the sponsors/theme/swag remain cool/fun/intriguing. There probably won't always need to be archeology involved for that ; )

gh42pats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gh42pats

I liked the sponsored derby for a rare occasion. Like some have voiced already, I'm not a TR player, but when the derby was announced, I downloaded the game to try it out. So, sponsors probably got some good run out of the derby if some people like me actually downloaded the game.

Fun change, but try not to over do it.

posuprstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages posuprstar

Great design. Wish that it could be printed on a running shirt - like a Dri-FIT material.

caro41

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caro41

patrickspens, we have so many of your designs in our house! Please don't ever stop designing!

Deadite7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deadite7

Saw the red shoes and thought they were Sonic the Hedgehog 's. But they're not.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
Mr3dPHD wrote:I can't stand when people label others as sell outs. This is a capitalist society! THEY'RE A BUSINESS!!! Of course they're trying to make money!

Not all businesses are entirely or primarily motivated by money. When they compromise those other purposes to make more money, they are said to be "selling out." I see no problem with the term, and think it applies to what happened when Woot was bought by Amazon (in general, but particularly on shirt.woot). I don't blame anybody, as I'm sure shirt.woot's margins were razor-thin before, and they are in fact a business, but I do miss the "old days."

Although the people are still pretty cool, such that whiny posts like mine will probably not get deleted.

And yeah, sponsored derbies aren't all that different from the standard pop-culturey stuff, so no big deal.

Lithonius

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lithonius
Harui wrote:It reminds me of Sachiel from Evangelion!

Huh... first thing I thought of, too. Great minds must think alike!

benrockn247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benrockn247

I love it! More of this, please.

natebrame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natebrame

i dont know what this is. if i saw someone wearing this shirt i would cross to the other side of the street and stare confused... Maybe go with Mario or something people know...swing and a miss!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 20m 0.991s
First sucker:jgunter71
Last wooter to woot:janielynnheinrich
Last purchase:7 minutes ago

First day sales 117
First day posts 36
Votes (142 - fourth place) picked by the Temple Run team