WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We forgot to add a forum thread to the ShirtStorm. 

Today's "daily shirt" is really 17 new shirts, a little thing we're calling a ShirtStorm. And it looks like in our excitement to get it together we forgot to add forum functionality. Whoopsies. You can talk/bitch/troll about it here! 

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

At first I thought you were offering 17 shirts for a combined price of $12, which truly is atrocious financial sense.

NRay7882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NRay7882
cdrewlow wrote:At first I thought you were offering 17 shirts for a combined price of $12, which truly is atrocious financial sense.

Is that not what it says? That's what I thought the deal was.

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

There's too much to comment on! I don't know what to say! Comment segment of my brain is going into overload and shuttingdowaldnfoihoeaoienfazdouoienaewablffffft.......

theco2

quality posts: 74 Private Messages theco2
safyrejet wrote:There's too much to comment on! I don't know what to say! Comment segment of my brain is going into overload and shuttingdowaldnfoihoeaoienfazdouoienaewablffffft.......

Sheetstorm for shirtstorm?

[MOD EDIT] I know I did a double-take, but we gotsta watch our mouths. Kids or something.

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

I think 'Palm of The Dead' is my favorite (fuzzy puppet texture + the too rarely used olive shirt), which almost surprises me as much as liking the new Walter Mitty...Although I am wondering if Apelad is planning a trilogy of fun with screens designs

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond
theco2 wrote:Sheetstorm for shirtstorm?

I was being so very careful not to drop out the 'r' anywhere but in my head and there you go ; )

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I'm SOO happy to see randyotter in this collection. Usually he's overlooked in collections.

walterwu

quality posts: 7 Private Messages walterwu

I certainly misread the title, and on top of that, I misread Wootbot's use of the term "excitement" as excrement.

outmywindow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outmywindow

Had to get the holodeck shirt to wear at the big Las Vegas Star Trek convention. Poifect!

cjkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjkyle

What do you want to do?_
>stab dragon

The dragon eats you.
>invent machine to get hours of my life back

uhiforgot

quality posts: 8 Private Messages uhiforgot

It took me a while to realize that was actually Commander Riker's trombone (especially with the theme of the shirt). Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

“Life is a shirtstorm, in which art is our only umbrella."

― Mario Vargas Llosa

aaltieri

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aaltieri

Not for nothing... but shouldn't the "Sons of Technology" print be on the back?

tmashek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmashek
aaltieri wrote:Not for nothing... but shouldn't the "Sons of Technology" print be on the back?

I agree. In fact, that's what's keeping me from buying that one. Nobody flys their colors on the front.

ZeteHitman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZeteHitman

So sticking your chopsticks straight up in your food signifies death, usually at a funeral, in Japan. I'm not Japanese but half Taiwanese and even both of my parents used to scold me and freak out when I did this as a kid. Shirt has bad Karma!

aaltieri

tmashek wrote:I agree. In fact, that's what's keeping me from buying that one. Nobody flys their colors on the front.

Me too! I'm glad I'm not alone in that.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

.... but why not offer some on AA? *sigh*

oakenspirit

quality posts: 86 Private Messages oakenspirit

Oh man, I love the Zork shirt- and the zombie kermit... decisions...

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

So many choices... great. I just froze up.

StarBob

quality posts: 15 Private Messages StarBob

I feel like all the artists that created exceptional beautiful designs have left because the only shirts that ever get printed are fascinating and dated jokes and various cute animal stuff.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano

"Palm of the Dead", you are MINE! (insert dead frog's voice here)

yanmos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yanmos

Great stuff!

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

So that's supposed to be Zork if made by Sierra in the King's Quest 1-3 era?

I never did own any text adventure games like Zork, the first adventure game Dad ever bought for us was King's Quest 2.

I'm sure Zork is easy enough to track down, I probably should play it one of these days.

arroyopottery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroyopottery

I find the plethora of shirts diminishes the impact of each design and gives me an overall feeling of meh.

Feature just one great shirt and make it shine, Woot!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
RayKremer wrote:So that's supposed to be Zork if made by Sierra in the King's Quest 1-3 era?

I never did own any text adventure games like Zork, the first adventure game Dad ever bought for us was King's Quest 2.

I'm sure Zork is easy enough to track down, I probably should play it one of these days.

Download Zork or play online.

If you find Zork too hard, try Wishbringer instead. It was designed to be easier, and includes elements of the Zork universe. I still have my glow in the dark Wishbringer stone.

calvinfurano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calvinfurano
tmashek wrote:I agree. In fact, that's what's keeping me from buying that one. Nobody flys their colors on the front.

I would pay any amount of money if the Sons of Technology design was, say, on the back of a hoodie.

MaximusTCR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaximusTCR

I think the holodeck shirt is great, but there was a Voyager episode where the holograms escaped the holodeck via holoprojectors installed throughout the interior of the ship.

aaltieri

MaximusTCR wrote:I think the holodeck shirt is great, but there was a Voyager episode where the holograms escaped the holodeck via holoprojectors installed throughout the interior of the ship.

Wasn't there also a Next Gen ep where Moriarty took over the ship from the holodeck?

That's hardly containment!

aaltieri

calvinfurano wrote:I would pay any amount of money if the Sons of Technology design was, say, on the back of a hoodie.

Seconded.

C'mon woot! How do we make this happen?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

aaltieri wrote:Seconded.

C'mon woot! How do we make this happen?

Gimme a $50 and I'll see to it.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Maybe they can doa BOGO Free? or BOGO 1/2 off?? :D

I personally like the holodeck one. It releases my inner nerd.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
agingdragqueen wrote:Gimme a $50 and I'll see to it.

... and we're talking a real $50, not something worthless like a $50 Woot Gift Cert. ...

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
JadenKale wrote:I'm SOO happy to see randyotter in this collection. Usually he's overlooked in collections.

IIRC, he had several designs in each of the past few shirt.woot-offs. Between Woot and Threadless, I think I have 5 of his designs; he's got a very unique style.

hodgepodge555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hodgepodge555

While I love the idea of 17 designs a day does this mean no more shirt write ups? Those are often times one of my favorite bits of shirtwoot. I've even bought a shirt cuz the description had me in stitches. Keep the fantastically hilarious writers writing!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
agingdragqueen wrote:Gimme a $50 and I'll see to it.

Thirded! Although I may be biased. ;) But I would still love it on a hoodie!

skemmis

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

hodgepodge555 wrote:While I love the idea of 17 designs a day does this mean no more shirt write ups? Those are often times one of my favorite bits of shirtwoot. I've even bought a shirt cuz the description had me in stitches. Keep the fantastically hilarious writers writing!

Don't worry, they can't get rid of us that easily.

JMuskovitz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages JMuskovitz

Meh.

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito
uhiforgot wrote:It took me a while to realize that was actually Commander Riker's trombone (especially with the theme of the shirt). Please tell me I'm not the only one...

This... would be a purchase but that rather phallic outline is too hard to discern. Unfortunate :/

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

Are all of these designs going to be screen printed? I doubt some(or all) of these shirts sell that many, and since they won't be shipping out until later, I'm going to think that the low sellers will definitely be DTG printed. Especially with how low some of the normal dailies have been selling lately, add 16 more options and it spreads the wealth.

Also, I'm going to guess these will just be offered in a side sale afterwards, like a shirt.off? Otherwise, how will these effect the Reck... "Top 20"?