WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

No matter your opinion on professional sports, we can all agree that THE SEAHAWKS ARE NUMBER ONE BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH LET'S GO HAWKS #BEASTMODE #SKITTLES. Whoa, sorry about that -- we have no idea what came over us. We're not even that into the Seahawks but we seem to have been swept up in the competitive zeitgeist (real football fans call it a 'competitive zeitgeist'). 

Whether you bleed [team] [team color] or think sports are the dumbest human enterprise imaginable, we want to see your take on competitive gamery. Remember: These designs will be too late for the Uberbowl, but the Sochi games are fast approaching... (There are other Olympic sports besides curling!)

  • No crème tees
  • No text-only shirts (must include some graphic element)



wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I'm from Spain, here we don't play American Football (that's why they called it American right?XD). That said, I really enjoy it(Madden NFL and Friday Night Lights fault). And I will root for the Seahawks in your honor, Woot! Great derby!:D

meise


quality posts: 0 Private Messages meise

LOVED the derby description! Go Hawks!!

marceepauff


quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

I guess I could resub this one that got rejected because of "NO TEXT" from a previous derby...

oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit

.... is this too random/dumb/simple/ugly... ;)






oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
marceepauff wrote:I guess I could resub this one that got rejected because of "NO TEXT" from a previous derby...



Looks GREAT! ;) Very solid look and one of the best Fantasy designs I've seen.






Spiritgreen


quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
oakenspirit wrote:.... is this too random/dumb/simple/ugly... ;)



Frodo with the quarterback sneak! Very impressive. :D

design2heart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages design2heart
oakenspirit wrote:.... is this too random/dumb/simple/ugly... ;)



This, I like.

ApeLad


quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
oakenspirit wrote:.... is this too random/dumb/simple/ugly... ;)



Submit this so I can vote for it! It's very clever!

blk909


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
wirdou wrote:I'm from Spain, here we don't play American Football



But you have wonderful winter olympic athletes!

ApeLad


quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad

My first derby of the year. Here's what I've got:

For tomorrow's shirt.woot derby by Ape Lad, on Flickr

oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit

Ha- Thanks guys- I had actually decided to not sub that design since I couldn't get it looking as solid as I wanted but I guess I'm going to have to go ahead and try it anyway..


So- should I call it THE ONE PLAY or HAIL MERRY

;)






oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
ApeLad wrote:My first derby of the year. Here's what I've got:

For tomorrow's shirt.woot derby by Ape Lad, on Flickr



Classic apelad- ;) Looks great man.






coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
oakenspirit wrote:.... is this too random/dumb/simple/ugly... ;)



This is so funny Oaken! You should submit for sure

coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
ApeLad wrote:My first derby of the year. Here's what I've got:

For tomorrow's shirt.woot derby by Ape Lad, on Flickr




Sweet!

coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1

I'm going to submit this. Is this properly written? Do you think I should delte the bottom line? And, above all, IS THIS FUNNY? :D

RussianAndRigg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RussianAndRigg

What's up everyone. This is only our second attempt at the Derby. What'do y'all think? Any feedback would be much appreciated, whether positive or negative.

jessisima


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
oakenspirit wrote:Ha- Thanks guys- I had actually decided to not sub that design since I couldn't get it looking as solid as I wanted but I guess I'm going to have to go ahead and try it anyway..


So- should I call it THE ONE PLAY or HAIL MERRY

;)



I vote for HAIL MERRY, definitely.

oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
coconutman1 wrote:I'm going to submit this. Is this properly written? Do you think I should delte the bottom line? And, above all, IS THIS FUNNY? :D



Thanks man-

I really like your idea but I wonder if there is a way to simplify the wording... Something like "THE ONLY RACE I EVER WON..." - as you have it now, the wording slows it down a tiny bit.

Also- I hope sperm doesn't get insta-rejected cause it's a funny idea.






oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
RussianAndRigg wrote:What's up everyone. This is only our second attempt at the Derby. What'do y'all think? Any feedback would be much appreciated, whether positive or negative.



Your pic isn't working but I followed the link-

I don't know anything about duck dynasty or football players so I am missing the punchline I am guessing but it looks nice!

Main thing I can contribute though is that woot doesn't have an orange shirt color anymore- You will have to redo the design on one of the colors on woot's template.






coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
oakenspirit wrote:Thanks man-

I really like your idea but I wonder if there is a way to simplify the wording... Something like "THE ONLY RACE I EVER WON..." - as you have it now, the wording slows it down a tiny bit.

Also- I hope sperm doesn't get insta-rejected cause it's a funny idea.



That's funnier, Oaken! Thanks!! I've included 'PROUD OF'. Hope it's correct (AAARGH! I should improve my English).


Spiritgreen


quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Four years ago I entered my first Woot derby, it was sports themed for the olympics like today, and I drew a table tennis playing octopus.

The circle is complete:

oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
Spiritgreen wrote:Four years ago I entered my first Woot derby, it was sports themed for the olympics like today, and I drew a table tennis playing octopus.

The circle is complete:



Love it man- and grats on 4 years... that is quite impressive- heh

...

ps... you mean THIS!!!






offspeedkills


quality posts: 1 Private Messages offspeedkills

I think this is appropriate here. Star Wars crossed with NFL helmet logos. http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2014/02/04/nfl-teams-get-star-wars-makeovers/