WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

What do peanut butter, Breaking Bad, and the 7th century Pope Benefice V all have in common? There must be some kind of thread linking them all -- some kind of pattern -- if we bothered to list them all together, right? Or are they just a random amalgamation of concepts? 

What's your favorite pattern? Argyle? Houndstooth? The pattern of the serial killer's victims when drawn on a map of London? Give your imagination run wild -- give us your take on classic textile patterns, or create an entirely new one! 

Remember that the printable area of the tees is still limited, so make sure your pattern works within those bounds. Otherwise the only rule is that there are no rules. Except this one: 

• No creme tees 

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano

No specific rules? This will be interesting.

psykosenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psykosenator

Yes, they say let your imagination run wild! Seems they try to balance the more specific derbies with some open ended ones. Pattern could also mean things beyond the visual variety...

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Just wondering..... when will we be able to have creme tees again? I know it's not the most popular color, but there are some great designs that have been done on creme. There are 101 "cream" tees in the catalog that still say "printed to order" so you must have some creme tees. Right?

07/11/14

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
collinvh wrote:I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one. I'm excited for this one.

I am beginning to see a pattern here !

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
caramelarrow wrote:Just wondering..... when will we be able to have creme tees again? I know it's not the most popular color, but there are some great designs that have been done on creme. There are 101 "cream" tees in the catalog that still say "printed to order" so you must have some creme tees. Right?

My guess - they have some, but couldn't take a chance if there's a big seller (>500). Creme (Anvil's natural) is among a few colors custom manufactured for Woot.

greenleaf44

quality posts: 8 Private Messages greenleaf44

Anyone remember this?

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Here's what I've got...

a pattern emerges by Ape Lad, on Flickr

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've got...

Your attention to detail still amazes me. Well done!

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Amazing! Got my vote.

ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've got...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

@Apelad, that's brilliant. :D

I made some Owlgyle. I think I like it on kelly, but grass and olive are an option...

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
Spiritgreen wrote:@Apelad, that's brilliant. :D

I made some Owlgyle. I think I like it on kelly, but grass and olive are an option...

I'm a fan of the olive. Really nice job!

Spiritgreen

Thanks marcee! I'm leaning brown now, maybe more wearable overall and with a free color I can make the branches a different color from the owls so they're more separate.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks marcee! I'm leaning brown now, maybe more wearable overall and with a free color I can make the branches a different color from the owls so they're more separate.

That's a tough one! I think it looks great on all three.

Spiritgreen

Okay, this one.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness. (thanks Adam!)

bzbozo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bzbozo

This is my literal pattern.
And my daily living pattern.

p0ckets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0ckets
Re: Raindeer

My latest attempt - a collaboration with Soloyo, putting the rain back into Reindeer!

kellabell9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kellabell9

Hi everyone, I posted this in artist resources, but I thought I'd ask here too... I was just wondering if I submitted a design to last weeks derby and I did not make it up to the fog of war or received an "honorable mention" email by now, am I safe to use the art on other sites and competitions (ex. threadless or teefury). Or does woot forever have permission to use it. Thank you!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kellabell9 wrote:Hi everyone, I posted this in artist resources, but I thought I'd ask here too... I was just wondering if I submitted a design to last weeks derby and I did not make it up to the fog of war or received an "honorable mention" email by now, am I safe to use the art on other sites and competitions (ex. threadless or teefury). Or does woot forever have permission to use it. Thank you!

if you submitted, then you checked the box that said you read the terms and conditions. The t&c for the current derby states in part:

Agreement

Thank you in advance for submitting your sample artwork (the “Artwork”) to Woot, Inc. (“Woot”). This Agreement details the terms and conditions between Woot and you (the “Artist”) concerning your submission of Artwork to Woot.

1. Consideration of Artwork. Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 60-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner.

[snip...]

2. Extension of Consideration Period for Best of Derby. If Woot nominates the Artwork for participation in a Best of Derby through (i) email notification to Artist; or (ii) naming the Artwork an Honorable Mention entry in a published blog post, and Artist consents to such participation, Artist grants Woot a 180-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 180-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner. Artist may accept or decline participation by sending notice to shirt@woot.com within ten (10) business days of Woot’s email notification of nomination or publication of the Honorable Mention blog post naming the Artwork as an Honorable Mention. Artist grants Woot Artist’s consent to participate in the Best of Derby for which the Artwork is nominated if Artist does not provide notice to Woot within ten (10) business days that Artist declines participation.

so it sounds to me like, if you don't get an hm, technically you gotta hold off for 60 days. however i don't know of any cases where a design that didn't get an hm and was subsequently subbed to another site before the 60 days were up ever got dinged. considering the slim number of rejections during the actual derby, i'd guess they aren't really paying that much attention to rules anyway.

kellabell9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kellabell9
no1 wrote:so it sounds to me like, if you don't get an hm, technically you gotta hold off for 60 days. however i don't know of any cases where a design that didn't get an hm and was subsequently subbed to another site before the 60 days were up ever got dinged. considering the slim number of rejections during the actual derby, i'd guess they aren't really paying that much attention to rules anyway.

Thanks so much!!! This was very helpful.