WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff


The ballots have been tabulated, the red carpet has been Febreezed, and the pomp has been circumstanced: It's time for the fourth-annual T-List Awards Shirt-Off!

Throughout this 24-hour gala event, we'll be announcing winners in different categories, giving you a chance to pick the Best Shirt of 2013, and providing links to the oft-sought but rarely bought Bag o' Crap. It's our way of saying thank you to both the artists who created great designs in 2013, and their rabid fans. 

Like any good awards show hosts, we want to make sure to bore as much as entertain you. So here are the important TL;DRs: 

  • Help us pick the Shirt of the Year: Visit this sale featuring all the nominees and cast your vote by either purchasing a tee or sharing it on Facebook. The winners will be announced on Wednesday. 
  • Keep an eye on the area beneath "I Want One" for a URL to a BOC on each new item. You have to type the URL in yourself (take that, bots!) -- good luck! 
  • Check back throughout the day and scope the winners according to the schedule below. There'll be something new faster than you can say "F5," including guest editor picks, designs on new products, and other weird odds and ends, so have fun and DON'T SLEEP. 


Thank y'all for another terrific, shirtacular year. Here's to another one! 

AWARD SCHEDULE
(all times CST)
Midnight: Best One Color Design
6:20am Best Use of Color
6:40am Best Animal Design
7:40am: Best Linework 
8:40am: Best Artistic Design 
9:00am: Best Cute Design
9:40am: Best Use Of Specialty Ink
10:40am: Artist Of The Year
11:00am: Best-Selling Design
2:40pm: Best Science/Math Design
4:20pm: Best Food Design
8:40pm: Best New Artist

thestone


quality posts: 2 Private Messages thestone

Best food design at 4:20pm? Something you're trying to say shirt.woot?

mossygreen


quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen

Damn it, why do you do this on the day I have to work all day and will miss most of this?

Narfcake


quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake

Needs a "best catshirt" group.

shortman


quality posts: 57 Private Messages shortman

I need more men's small shirts. I hope I don't have much work tomorrow. Usually the thing I want most happens while I'm on the road to work. At least I got the bag out of the way already so don't have that to worry about.

lonelypond


quality posts: 437 Private Messages lonelypond
Narfcake wrote:Needs a "best catshirt" group.



ha! And a Best Pun.

klynb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
thestone wrote:Best food design at 4:20pm? Something you're trying to say shirt.woot?



I think they mean that they'll be listing Colorado Puffs afterwards.

jrs1980


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jrs1980

I tried to buy the Denial shirt, but it was $12 on the front page and $15 when it was in my cart. At that time, it wasn't yet sold out on the front page. We're on the next item but it's still in my cart for $15. Assuming it's updated to the catalog price, but what was going on there? (And can I still get it for $12?)

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Woohoo! I snagged a Bungled Original Communicator from the Llama shirt. Not sure where the official Bungled Original Communicator thread will be, but this is as good a place as any to gloat :D

Insert signature here.

abele112407


quality posts: 1 Private Messages abele112407

Got another Bungled Original Communicator today!! That makes 2 for me since the beginning of my woot-ing career! So excited...can't wait to see what this Bungled Original Communicator is going to bless me with!

msumdragon17


quality posts: 1 Private Messages msumdragon17

Yay, just scored a Bungled Original Communicator.. and with Making Biscuits, one of my favorites, no less

PeasForMe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeasForMe

Can someone post the winners from earlier today?

stryper2000


quality posts: 44 Private Messages stryper2000

is anyone noticing a Karef as first sucker for every bag thus far

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x41

saramwrap


quality posts: 17 Private Messages saramwrap
stryper2000 wrote:is anyone noticing a Karef as first sucker for every bag thus far



I think the stats are shared across all of the carps.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

saramwrap wrote:I think the stats are shared across all of the carps.



I am not sure it is since they are separate sales (though we seem to be having sporadic stats issues, so who knows!). Rest assured I am back in time to thwart the double-dippers if in fact some dips have doubled.


Narfcake


quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
agingdragqueen wrote:I am not sure it is since they are separate sales (though we seem to be having sporadic stats issues, so who knows!). Rest assured I am back in time to thwart the double-dippers if in fact some dips have doubled.


Akin to the randoms and when shirts are reprinted, the stats carry onwards, so I am doubtful it's the same Wooter who can miraculously pull off being a first sucker on every BOC, every 20 minutes or so.

If they could, given the odds of that happening, a casino and/or lotto may be a better calling.

laytonfruit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laytonfruit

I got denied for one (wasn't logged in and by the time I was it was sold out) and now I can't get another one. Is there any way someone can fix that. With one in my cart for today, it won't let me get another one.


Nevermind, I just saw the 'remove' button, we'll see if that's all it takes.

mariod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariod
laytonfruit wrote:I got denied for one (wasn't logged in and by the time I was it was sold out) and now I can't get another one. Is there any way someone can fix that. With one in my cart for today, it won't let me get another one.


Nevermind, I just saw the 'remove' button, we'll see if that's all it takes.



Same issue. Where is this 'remove' button?

nevermind, found it.

laytonfruit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laytonfruit

Still didn't work. It removed the 'missed deals' but the 'denied' one from this morning won't go away.

Can ThunderThighs (or someone else) take a look at this. If that one can't be removed I'm not going to spend the rest of my day refreshing this every 15 seconds and maybe I'll actually get something done at at work.

FTR, when I do punch in the bit.ly code fast enough instead of my cursor turning to a finger over the "I want one" button it turns to a circle with a line through it a something pops up that tells me I can only buy one.

rumpatas


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rumpatas

The shirt "Wishful Thinking" needs to win an award as Luckiest shirt, based on what happened at Auburn over the weekend.

bsmith1


quality posts: 105 Private Messages bsmith1
laytonfruit wrote:Still didn't work. It removed the 'missed deals' but the 'denied' one from this morning won't go away.

Can ThunderThighs (or someone else) take a look at this. If that one can't be removed I'm not going to spend the rest of my day refreshing this every 15 seconds and maybe I'll actually get something done at at work.

FTR, when I do punch in the bit.ly code fast enough instead of my cursor turning to a finger over the "I want one" button it turns to a circle with a line through it a something pops up that tells me I can only buy one.



I got denied once then one went through later in the day. Make sure you're not double clicking the want one button as that might try to add 2 to the cart.

Edit: my denied one didn't get stuck in cart...only order history. Try clearing your browser cache then close all tabs and then come back and login again.

everwondering


quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

w00t! I just scored a Bungled Original Communicator on the Night of the Ulric journal! Thanks, woot!! Can't wait for the crappy to arrive.

laytonfruit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laytonfruit

I finally got one. What ended up working for me (and I saw it in another thread) was to set up two windows next to each other.
Type bit.ly/ in one, then go to Shirt.Woot in the other. Make Sure the Shirt.Woot one is 'active' and put the mouse back in the URL bar next to where you typed bit.ly. Hit F5 to refresh Shirt.Woot and as soon as you see the new code, hit the mouse button and start typing.

I was doing this all in one window and thought it should be fine since as soon as I got to 'bi' the bit.ly/ would auto fill so I just had to hit the right arrow and type the code part of it, but someone pointed out that the first wooter was getting this within 3 seconds or so. Using two windows was probably taking a half second or so off my time.
Clearly it made a difference since I got one, even on a computer that's clearly refreshing slower then the one I was using earlier in the day.

BelyndaG


quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG
laytonfruit wrote:I finally got one. What ended up working for me (and I saw it in another thread) was to set up two windows next to each other.
Type bit.ly/ in one, then go to Shirt.Woot in the other. Make Sure the Shirt.Woot one is 'active' and put the mouse back in the URL bar next to where you typed bit.ly. Hit F5 to refresh Shirt.Woot and as soon as you see the new code, hit the mouse button and start typing.

I was doing this all in one window and thought it should be fine since as soon as I got to 'bi' the bit.ly/ would auto fill so I just had to hit the right arrow and type the code part of it, but someone pointed out that the first wooter was getting this within 3 seconds or so. Using two windows was probably taking a half second or so off my time.
Clearly it made a difference since I got one, even on a computer that's clearly refreshing slower then the one I was using earlier in the day.



This is what I've been doing all afternoon, but I must just type too slowly. I've gotten the Bungled Original Communicator into my cart at least 10 times so far, but lose it during checkout. Argh!

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 38 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Been wooting since 2005.
Good job on the shirts and the Krapps

-Thanks for a great presidents day

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

BelyndaG


quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG

Over ten minutes of F5 with no change on the page. What's going on?

Narfcake


quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
BelyndaG wrote:Over ten minutes of F5 with no change on the page. What's going on?



Wootbot broke something.

I mean, if this were the last item, it usually carries a hint. This ... not quite, unless it's because the record is skipping ...

PixelPants


quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
rumpatas wrote:The shirt "Wishful Thinking" needs to win an award as Luckiest shirt, based on what happened at Auburn over the weekend.


Many thanks for posting the video. I got a big kick out of seeing Wishful Thinking in that context.

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

This is the deadest Bungled Original Communicator thread I've even seen. Am I in the wrong place?

Insert signature here.

Narfcake


quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
jsh139 wrote:This is the deadest Bungled Original Communicator thread I've even seen. Am I in the wrong place?



Possibly. I think the consensus among Wooters is this thread will be used for the shirt.woot-off Bungled Original Communicator discussion.

FrostByte


quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte

Just got the email that this IS the thread. Some of us were setting up shop in the poll question. I'm going to post something there to help drive traffic this way.

abion


quality posts: 1 Private Messages abion

Just got word from woot-on-high that this is the official Bungled Original Communicator thread. Eagerly awaiting the crappy-shirt glory of this baggie.

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139
Narfcake wrote:Possibly. I think the consensus among Wooters is this thread will be used for the shirt.woot-off Bungled Original Communicator discussion.



Thanks. Although Woot's email directed me back here. But I'll check out the other thread, too.

Insert signature here.

jyourman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jyourman

Indeed this is the official crappy shirt thread... Now we get to hurry up and wait for the stats to start flying.

kipin


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kipin

So now we're being officially directed towards a dead thread when there was already an unofficial alive one? I'm so confused, probably as confused as when I start pulling random items out of my Bug-eyed Organic Creature!

everwondering


quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

Woohoo! Looking forward to reading about everyone's crappyness as well as posting about my own.

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
kipin wrote:So now we're being officially directed towards a dead thread when there was already an unofficial alive one? I'm so confused, probably as confused as when I start pulling random items out of my Bug-eyed Organic Creature!



Well, it seems pretty alive now.

And man, I cannot wait to get my Bug-eyed Organic Creature!

milujite


quality posts: 1 Private Messages milujite

I still have a Bungled Original Communicator that says "checking inventory" in my orders. I'm going to assume at this point that I did not get one and it's just stuck like that.

dewey32167


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewey32167

Stand back ladies! This Monday i got my Bungled Original Communicator ordered.
Heralds will echo through all of time of the greatness of this purchase.
Several bands will be formed to salute me on my achievement both death metal and doom metal. Perhaps with such names as Parasitic Addiction or Fire Lances of the Ancient Hyperzephyrians.

Through the bowels of history magnificent untold glories will rain down awesomeness into my bag.

Time Traveling Necromancers will raise the dead to try to take it from me but they shall not avail.

Wish me luck comrades. (like i need it)

skispeakeasy


quality posts: 36 Private Messages skispeakeasy
milujite wrote:I still have a Bungled Original Communicator that says "checking inventory" in my orders. I'm going to assume at this point that I did not get one and it's just stuck like that.



Stuff from Woot usually arrives in 10 days unless it is shipped by a third party. Sometimes your order will not update until you actually receive it.