WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Snarky, adjective \ˈsnär-kē\ sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner [Webster's]

People who sincerely enjoy things are the worst. They're always strutting around with a look of legitimate contentment on their faces like they own the place, unaware how much it bothers the rest of us. That's why it's our job as member of the House Of Snark to make sure those jerks feel lame and self-conscious for their sincerity. 

Oh, you like sports? SNARK. Graphic t-shirts? SNARK ATTACK. Charity? SNARK WEEK

  • No creme tees
  • All designs must contain at least one graphical element (no text-only)



Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

What about literary snark?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

benjaminleebates


quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Wasn't he that annoying cat on thunder cats!? JK.

poopfeast420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages poopfeast420

This seems like a great idea!

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
poopfeast420 wrote:This seems like a great idea!



Are you being snarky?



sub00seven


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sub00seven
benjaminleebates wrote:Wasn't he that annoying cat on thunder cats!? JK.



That was Osbert a "Snarf" a who went by the name Snarf. Snarf is a race and there are a few in the show.

Just saw the "JK" so never mind lol

taternuggets


quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
sub00seven wrote:Just saw the "JK" so never mind lol



Best first post ever.


Nothing follows.

kevlar51


quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
taternuggets wrote:Best first post ever.



+1

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
sub00seven wrote:That was Osbert a "Snarf" a who went by the name Snarf. Snarf is a race and there are a few in the show.

Just saw the "JK" so never mind lol



I think Snark was that fuzzy-faced guy on Star Trek Voyager.

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

If you write the text yourself, ie- not a font- is that a graphical element?



benjaminleebates


quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
oakenspirit wrote:If you write the text yourself, ie- not a font- is that a graphical element?



nope.

benjaminleebates


quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
benjaminleebates wrote:nope.



although, I have seen some very minimal excuses...
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/67323/100-percent-pure-genius

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

So- is this dumb? Thinking of calling it THERE'S NO COMEBACK...



coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
oakenspirit wrote:So- is this dumb? Thinking of calling it THERE'S NO COMEBACK...



Haha I like it!

BTW, can we use Glow in the Dark Ink? I hope so xD

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

What do you guys think? Is it too litigious with the similar looking logo for the "f" in friends?

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

And another one, which was a rejected daily that I reworked...

texhnolyzed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages texhnolyzed
tjschaeffer wrote:What do you guys think? Is it too litigious with the similar looking logo for the "f" in friends?



I woudlnt know about the F, but you have 2 references to FB, so it's a bit redundant. In my opinion choose only one and keep it. Also, too much variation in the typos used to my taste.


texhnolyzed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages texhnolyzed
oakenspirit wrote:So- is this dumb? Thinking of calling it THERE'S NO COMEBACK...



I like it !
I would replace the ___ adj by something like insults you can see in some comic books (like this)
but that may be a bit too irreverent/rude. Also, I think that it would graphically suit your typo well.


tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
texhnolyzed wrote:I woudlnt know about the F, but you have 2 references to FB, so it's a bit redundant. In my opinion choose only one and keep it. Also, too much variation in the typos used to my taste.



Thanks for the comments! I definitely see the point about the redundancy of the fb references. I have an alternate version without the logo around the "f" which I will probably use. The missus had serious concerns about being able to use something so close to the official logo, so I think I will take it out.

As for the typeface, yeah, I can see how one would not like the variation. I tried to do something artistic while sticking to all fb style fonts.

Thanks again for the help!

oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
texhnolyzed wrote:I like it !
I would replace the ___ adj by something like insults you can see in some comic books (like this)
but that may be a bit too irreverent/rude. Also, I think that it would graphically suit your typo well.



I like you suggestion but I wanted a more madlib vibe- also, I am playing off of the "Dude, something smells..." "YOUR FACE SMELLS" thing, so I like the versatility of the adj vs the &%*#@#- I do think the comic curse would have more visual appeal though... :D



oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
coconutman1 wrote:Haha I like it!

BTW, can we use Glow in the Dark Ink? I hope so xD



Pretty sure you can't unless they specify... Sorry ace- You could turn it in as a daily though- I htink they allow specialty ink for those.



oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
tjschaeffer wrote:What do you guys think? Is it too litigious with the similar looking logo for the "f" in friends?



I like the look and concept- I wonder if it would flow better if the design were taller than wide- I realize that would take a good deal of reformatting but I think it would feel less heavy- Good TRUTH shirt though. heh



oakenspirit


quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
tjschaeffer wrote:And another one, which was a rejected daily that I reworked...



Solid Snark here- heh



marceepauff


quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Snark is to me is like fox is to fablefire -- yet, somehow, I can't think of ANYTHING I'm excited to work up. *sigh*

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

coconutman1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
oakenspirit wrote:Pretty sure you can't unless they specify... Sorry ace- You could turn it in as a daily though- I htink they allow specialty ink for those.



Thanks man, no problem at all, I'm working on another idea :D

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
oakenspirit wrote:I like you suggestion but I wanted a more madlib vibe- also, I am playing off of the "Dude, something smells..." "YOUR FACE SMELLS" thing, so I like the versatility of the adj vs the &%*#@#- I do think the comic curse would have more visual appeal though... :D



I actually like it the way you have it now, because then it doesn't need to be something vulgar when left to the imagination.

bluejester


quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

So is this more the Joss Whedon of derbies, or the Bruce Campbell of derbies?

amanoxford


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford

Anyone still remember Oregon Trail? Know anyone who makes you feel like you just wish you'd died of dysentry?!
Well they're probably so self involved that they won't even notice you wearing this snarky "Died Of Disinterest" tee :D

MaximusTCR


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaximusTCR

Shaping up to be one of the best derby themes I've seen in awhile.

Narfcake


quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

Am I the only one so far who's noticed that derby #345 to #354 got skipped? Look at the subject ...

If ideas are needed to fill in these missing derbies, may I humbly suggest:
- pink shirts!
- doggies
- eggplant shirts!
- kitties
- orange shirts!
- catshirtswoot
- purple redux!
- meow meow meow
- light pink shirts!

Okay, so I might have biases ...

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Narfcake wrote:Am I the only one so far who's noticed that derby #345 to #354 got skipped? Look at the subject ...

If ideas are needed to fill in these missing derbies, may I humbly suggest:
- pink shirts!
- doggies
- eggplant shirts!
- kitties
- orange shirts!
- catshirtswoot
- purple redux!
- meow meow meow
- light pink shirts!

Okay, so I might have biases ...



cats and dogs in flagrante delicto on eggplant and pink shirts ... mass hysteria

msj11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
Narfcake wrote:Am I the only one so far who's noticed that derby #345 to #354 got skipped? Look at the subject ...

If ideas are needed to fill in these missing derbies, may I humbly suggest:
- pink shirts!
- doggies
- eggplant shirts!
- kitties
- orange shirts!
- catshirtswoot
- purple redux!
- meow meow meow
- light pink shirts!

Okay, so I might have biases ...



I noticed as well - we had a time warp during the Doctor Who derby that you failed to list after pink shirts!

cabudy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cabudy
oakenspirit wrote:I like you suggestion but I wanted a more madlib vibe- also, I am playing off of the "Dude, something smells..." "YOUR FACE SMELLS" thing, so I like the versatility of the adj vs the &%*#@#- I do think the comic curse would have more visual appeal though... :D


I thought you could use something like which side do you part that scent?