Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

I want to buy this, so so sosososososo much, but I'm too much a nitpicker to wear a misquote, as commonly accepted as it is. Still, would jump on the poster if it ever comes out in that format >.<

~ First ever Birthday of Celebrations ~ 7/11/2014 ~

Nitetigrezz

BuffBillsFan wrote:Not as esthetically pleasing as http://shirt.woot.com/offers/liberty-some-supervision-required, but very tempting.

Darn shame about that bogus Jefferson quote, though.
http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/when-government-fears-people-there-libertyquotation

Thanks for linking a source for why you say this x.x Even in school we were taught it was a Jefferson quote, and the internet seems to constantly contradict itself. This gives at least a great start to cross-reference and do our own hunting.

Nitetigrezz

twism86 wrote:Cool design but I cannot wear anything with quotes from someone who is guilty of treason (E. Snowden). Not sure where Woot is standing with this shirt, its either too far to the left or with freedom of speech. However, to include the words of that traitor Snowden, along with the likes of Lincoln, Reagan and Jefferson as if they are equal is a sad commentary on how people think....

Take a second and think about what you just said. I'm not in the least a Snowden supporter (kinda really anti-Snowden, truth-be-told >.>), but do keep in mind that the founding fathers, including Jefferson and Franklin, were traitors as well.

Just sayin'.

Nitetigrezz

kcmark wrote:Treason in your opinion - a true patriot in the opinion of others.

Let's not forgot it was a bunch of treasonous fellows that founded this country and broke us away from the British crown.

Many would say that Bush and Obama's trashing of the US Constitution under the false guise of security was and is more treasonous than anything Edward Snowden ever did or could do.

I want to argue this, so much >.< My dad was actually in charge of top secret and confidential information during the Vietnam war. He was willing to blow himself up to destroy the files in his vault to keep them from falling into enemy hands (long, strangely amusing story there >.>), and in more than one occasion nearly had to shoot people who got too close while he was carrying files from one location to another. So I at least have a small idea of how stupid it is to so openly reveal top secret information to the world.

But after the crap that Bush and Obama did... is doing, I just can't argue that Snowden is worse. It sickens me that someone stamped as a traitor has done less to damange our government than the very figures who run it >.<

biglerp1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biglerp1
blaineg wrote:Yep, the all seeing eye of liberty is a much better shirt. This would make a great poster though, with the corrections. Or just add this one:

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I thought Abe Lincoln said that.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
skatimmy737 wrote:I sit around my house in the nude drawing faces on my gut with lipstick and then make it talk to me with my hands. NSA don't bother me none.

Figured they'd be mailing you an employment application....

Merlin330

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Merlin330
jmikell wrote:... I'd like to see words from more people NSA might actually respect...

To believe that those who invade our privacy by recording our phone calls, copying our emails and tracking our Internet activities have respect for anyone seems like Doublethink to me. I confess I don't share your optimism.

A number of Woots, a few Random Bags of Crap. Life is good!

Merlin330

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Merlin330
blaineg wrote:"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." ~ Benjamin Franklin

claygirlsings wrote:I thought it was Lincoln who said that.

Everyone know Lincoln said that right after he killed all those vampires.

A number of Woots, a few Random Bags of Crap. Life is good!

Nekoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nekoman

Whoever fights monsters should see to makes universal bullying. - Aldous

What does it mean?!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Nekoman wrote:Whoever fights monsters should see to makes universal bullying. - Aldous

What does it mean?!

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Read each letter separately.

ghidrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghidrah
Nekoman wrote:Whoever fights monsters should see to makes universal bullying. - Aldous

What does it mean?!

Each letter is separate, so read down the N, not all the way across to the S and A.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
thestone wrote:A good majority of the quotes are from Huxley, Orwell, and Machiavelli.

Edit: Krittikae sees where I am coming from.

Yes. Lots of Orwell. I like that. Read through elfwreck's cheat sheet (thanks!); quotes flow very well to the Orwellian climax. And I did enjoy being reminded about how very educational Machiavelli is about human nature in its political form.

sheherbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheherbert

Does the shirt come with a built in tracking device?

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

Congrats on your first print. It's great!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 2m 7.883s
First sucker:ajgaikwad
Last wooter to woot:psm321
Last purchase:7 minutes ago

First day sales 1982
First day posts 93

NuAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NuAngel

Messenger bag of this?

This one time, I wooted off in public.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

NuAngel wrote:Messenger bag of this?

Not at this time but keep watching the Plus events. Never know when it might show up.

There's a link in my signature to a list of All Plus Sales. It's updated weekdays by around 9:30am CT.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ivachen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ivachen

how do you buy the hoodie?

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

ivachen wrote:how do you buy the hoodie?

Sorry, the hoodie was only available on the first day of the sale. I'd recommend watching the plus events, that's where you're most likely to find it pop up again.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Mrblo0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mrblo0

Please delete, I should've read the comment above.

Dalcram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dalcram

How do you purchase the pullover version? It automatically selects Tee. Thanks!

Dalcram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dalcram

With the likes of them as if they were equal? News flash, they are! And is Edward Snowden not the whole reason this shirt design exists? If he hadn't exposed the programs, the people wouldn't know the kind of spying our government (or an agency of) is doing. I'm sorry if this came out offensive of catty, it just really bothered me.

twism86 wrote:Cool design but I cannot wear anything with quotes from someone who is guilty of treason (E. Snowden). Not sure where Woot is standing with this shirt, its either too far to the left or with freedom of speech. However, to include the words of that traitor Snowden, along with the likes of Lincoln, Reagan and Jefferson as if they are equal is a sad commentary on how people think....

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Dalcram wrote:How do you purchase the pullover version? It automatically selects Tee. Thanks!

The hoodie was only available on the first day of the sale. Keep an eye on our Plus events, that's where you'll likely see it pop back up.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jonas111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonas111

I bought this shirt..
(1) For the crypto message.
(2) To rile up quote snobs.

Anyone who believes they know the true source of a quote is a fool. I prefer all quotes in the context of anonymous delivery. A good theory should stand on its thought provoking merit not the esteem of its most popular delivery boy/girl.

dirtylittlefly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtylittlefly

I really want to buy a sweatshirt like shown in the picture but there is no dropdown to choose anything but a tee! Help?

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
dirtylittlefly wrote:I really want to buy a sweatshirt like shown in the picture but there is no dropdown to choose anything but a tee! Help?

Read the comments above your post.

Cwyq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cwyq
thestone wrote:A good majority of the quotes are from Huxley, Orwell, and Machiavelli.

Edit: Krittikae sees where I am coming from.

You are CORRECT, sir! It's somewhat irritating, when ppl decide to refute a statement without doing any kind of research. They are usually the ones, who the most need to (and likely do not) understand the meaning of this shirt. Hmm...

Cwyq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cwyq
Dalcram wrote:With the likes of them as if they were equal? News flash, they are! And is Edward Snowden not the whole reason this shirt design exists? If he hadn't exposed the programs, the people wouldn't know the kind of spying our government (or an agency of) is doing. I'm sorry if this came out offensive of catty, it just really bothered me.

Sad commentary, indeed. Snowden isn't being considered a traitor, because of what he revealed about domestic spying (that was good for the US ppl to know); it's because of what he disclosed about our overseas activities. THAT, my friend, is treasonous. But here's the news flash: ALL COUNTRIES WITH AN INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM SPY ON ALL OTHER COUNTRIES OF INTEREST, ALLY OR ENEMY. He knew that, as does all in the community; that's is where he stepped into treason. Just stating the facts...

Nitetigrezz

So I came back to this to see if I could buy it, now that some time's passed. I love some of the quotes in this and the message it carries. I still have three problems though:
1. Not enough variety in the quotes. Would be better if it was one quote from each quoter, just to hammer the point home.
2. The fact that this is an American issue and there are non-American quotes on here. Not being biased, but just doesn't seem to fit, like a square peg with a round hole.
3. Still can't stand Snowden. Not saying he was the worst of the worse, just still believe he was very stupid in some of the information he released that enemy countries could easily get ahold of.