lordbowen

quality posts: 268 Private Messages lordbowen

Knitty kitty, so witty.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

That is an adorable KNITTEN.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

Oh lord this adorable! My friends' cat been helping her knit quite actively I am sure she would LOVE this shirt! Very nice drawing too.

sabru8

quality posts: 54 Private Messages sabru8

I'm finding humor in the screen name of the first sucker.

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

Cute and yet a little creepy. Good shirt to go a-yarnbombing in.

krittikae

quality posts: 23 Private Messages krittikae

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

Perfect little cheery tune to go with this shirt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAbQ8XJ6jQ

can you just see the needles moving up and down in tune to the song?

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99

This genuinely freaks me out. But I like it all the more because of it. O_O;; Can't see wearing it as a t-shirt, but I would plaster that on my wall to remind me to stay strong in the face of ... really, really scary self-knitting cat yarn monsters. Ohgodwhy.

bitman

quality posts: 14 Private Messages bitman

Very creepy idea .. how did the poor cat get into this situation? More importantly, how does it get out? Does it need to spend its entire life knitting itself? What if it stops?

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

That's the cat's pyjamas and it's body all rolled into one. Always glad to see Alex print here.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy

Disturbingly cute...but there's no way I could get this for any of my knitting friends, because they'd take one look at it and say "That's not knitting. The needles are all wrong."
Helicopters on the moon.

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

fishstic666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishstic666

I am traumatized. I cannot unsee this design. Gah! I never want to knit nor look at my cat again.

Moribund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Moribund
invisiblecrazy wrote:Disturbingly cute...but there's no way I could get this for any of my knitting friends, because they'd take one look at it and say "That's not knitting. The needles are all wrong."
Helicopters on the moon.

That's where I am.... I like the idea, and would totally get it as a project bag, but... that's not how you yarn! If you held your knitting needles like that, everything would fall off. Not to mention that there aren't nearly enough stitches on the needles for the size critter....

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

That is both fantastic and creepy. I think it's the eyes that do it. The creep part.

So given that cats like to play with yarn, does that mean this knitty can play with himself? Er, wait, that I'm not sure that came out right.

Also come on, lighten up, complaining about the knitting needles, and yarn, and stitch count being wrong...It's only a silly t-shirt/totebag design. Everyone can look at that and recognize what it's trying to convey: a knitted kitty. The subject itself can't be taken seriously so why would it be so horrible if the cat (who doesn't have fingers anyway) isn't knitting exactly so. I knit and crochet and I'd buy it if the eyes didn't burn into my soul. At least the good people at woot didn't mix it up and call it crochet kitty.

mundenang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mundenang

"All the Knitty Kats are belong to us." <--yes, the depth of my dorkiness extends way beyond my obsession with yarn (and cats)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Trippy! Has kitty been hitting the catnip too hard?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I'm actually a big knitter, and the accuracy doesn't bother me. I mean if you want to "knit-pick", is that pattern knittable? Some sort of entrelac/friendship bracelet hybrid?

But at a glance, the joke is clear. That's how you knit in cartoons, which this is. In for a tote!

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk

If the knitty sees the yarn, won't she just pull herself apart?

mcden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcden

Cute! But my kitty crochets...

oakenspirit

quality posts: 87 Private Messages oakenspirit

A project he never finishes- The temptation to pull the string is too much!

Super cool idea. Reminds me of something that should be a deleted scene from Alice in Wonderland-

Beckybeq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Beckybeq

Wow! So my mom has 3 cats, knits obsessively and the shirt is vaguely reminiscent of her Grateful Dead rainbow dancing bears on black Tshirt. Total WIN.

craftyminou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craftyminou
orabbit wrote:I'm actually a big knitter, and the accuracy doesn't bother me. I mean if you want to "knit-pick", is that pattern knittable? Some sort of entrelac/friendship bracelet hybrid?

But at a glance, the joke is clear. That's how you knit in cartoons, which this is. In for a tote!

I'm also a big knitter and the inaccuracy doesn't bother me. I got a shirt, if I had the funds I'd also get a tote!

LPyne

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LPyne
orabbit wrote:I'm actually a big knitter, and the accuracy doesn't bother me. I mean if you want to "knit-pick", is that pattern knittable? Some sort of entrelac/friendship bracelet hybrid?

I also knit and feel the same way.

Yeay for Alex prints!

dmismyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmismyman

I love this!

And, fun fact, knitting was actually done this way in the 1800s, I think. I know that you were supposed to hold it that way so that it looked like ... you were being more productive? I can't remember very well, but I do know that knitting was actually done like this for many years.

I totally want this as a yarn tote!

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

Reminds me a little bit of the calico cat and gingham dog from The Duel by Eugene Field.

fabgab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabgab
kaedex99 wrote:This genuinely freaks me out. But I like it all the more because of it. O_O;; Can't see wearing it as a t-shirt, but I would plaster that on my wall to remind me to stay strong in the face of ... really, really scary self-knitting cat yarn monsters. Ohgodwhy.

Exactly. As an avid and probably pathological lover of both cats AND knitting, I want to want this really bad, but instead... I'm frightened.

Who would have known that Woot, the land of the adorably-drawn cats, could put forth such a thing?

alexmdc

quality posts: 8 Private Messages alexmdc

haha I'm glad I was able to freak everyone out :P

projektxie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages projektxie
dmismyman wrote:I love this!

And, fun fact, knitting was actually done this way in the 1800s, I think. I know that you were supposed to hold it that way so that it looked like ... you were being more productive? I can't remember very well, but I do know that knitting was actually done like this for many years.

I totally want this as a yarn tote!

oh good, someone else said this first.
Yes -- the "pencil hold" is a totally valid way to hold one's needles, but isn't very common these days.. hah..
It was that it was more "proper" to have your palms facing downward, etc.

PortiatheKnitter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PortiatheKnitter

If you think this cat's got crazed eyes, just wait till you see me when someone has interrupted my stitch count.

I think that's what's going on here - it's why the needles are pointed down and the stitches are dropped. The Knitty was startled and is PISSED about it.

ktkhujo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktkhujo

Am I the only one that noticed that the cat isn't even holding the needle on the right... his paw is behind it. /shrug

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ktkhujo wrote:Am I the only one that noticed that the cat isn't even holding the needle on the right... his paw is behind it. /shrug

HE'S DOING THE BEST HE CAN WITH NO OPPOSABLE THUMBS!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby
ThunderThighs wrote:HE'S DOING THE BEST HE CAN WITH NO OPPOSABLE THUMBS!

You said it, TT! I knit, I have many cats, and I absolutely love this design. It was the colors on the black that got my attention first (Oooo! Shiney!), but the subject matter convinced me to buy a shirt and totes.

alexmdc

quality posts: 8 Private Messages alexmdc
ktkhujo wrote:Am I the only one that noticed that the cat isn't even holding the needle on the right... his paw is behind it. /shrug

One More Goal how the heck did I miss that! :O Drawing out the whole pattern might have screwed up my mind

gwendyw

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gwendyw
alexmdc wrote:One More Goal how the heck did I miss that! :O Drawing out the whole pattern might have screwed up my mind

It looks to me like Knitty let go of the needle to start counting stitches. I wish I had a claw to use to count with, as I do it a lot. Lace weight 300 stitch cast-ons would be so much more pleasant.

maliase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maliase

Clearly the creepy stare is due to the cat using its telekinetic powers to control that floating needle...

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick
alexmdc wrote:One More Goal how the heck did I miss that! :O Drawing out the whole pattern might have screwed up my mind

The Knitty stopped to scratch an itch, nothing more.

JBean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JBean

Love this. Though the closest my kitties ever came to knitting was chasing my needles while I was trying to knit.

Close enough.