techboysf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techboysf

Thanks, narf! These are helpful!

Narfcake wrote:Since I have no idea how your screen looks, here's a variety of shirts/colors to give you an idea. These are the older shirts, manufactured by American Apparel whereas the current shirts are manufactured by Anvil, but the Royal Blue (rightmost in the 3rd row) is pretty close between the two.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Oakenspirit!!!

ncowick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncowick

Congrats on the print Oakenspirit!

swtprince

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swtprince

"I couldn't care less" if you are....

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

big congrats Oakenspirit!

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

Convincing lack of interest ; ) Congrats.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit

Thanks so much everyone! I spent yesterday putting down flooring, so having my design featured and reading your comments really made my day! Squee!

jsh139 wrote:Nit-picky, but I kinda wish the angle of the text was the same as the original TMYK.

I actually tried it at more of an angle and felt like it would wear better this way. I hear you though. ;)

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 33.115s
First Sucker: ThumperWabbt
Last Wooter to Woot: johnbdurr
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago

First day sales 646
First day posts 46
Votes 198

krittikae

quality posts: 20 Private Messages krittikae

Thanks for not putting "I could care less". I always want to punch people who say that. "I could care less" means that you do care, some. It's not the same thing at all!

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
dacrete wrote:Which is correct: I could care less or I couldn't care less?

The expression I could not care less originally meant 'it would be impossible for me to care less than I do because I do not care at all'. It was originally a British saying and came to the US in the 1950s. It is senseless to transform it into the now-common I could care less. If you could care less, that means you care at least a little. The original is quite sarcastic and the other form is clearly nonsense. The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only here, recorded in print by 1966. The question is, something caused the negative to vanish even while the original form of the expression was still very much in vogue and available for comparison - so what was it? There are other American English expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of an apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means 'Don't tell me about it, because I know all about it already'. The Yiddish I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often 'I have no hope of being so lucky', has a similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning as does I could care less.

Thank you. I was about to go into a full explanation from the obvious misunderstandings when I came across your post. You broke it down far better with the history than I could have

Honestly, this shirt makes me want to punch someone x.x But props to the artist for using the proper words for the saying at least!

~ First ever Birthday of Celebrations ~ 7/11/2014 ~

theco2

quality posts: 49 Private Messages theco2
havingfunyet wrote:Perfect shirt to wear to a meeting at work

Funny you should mention that.