WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Usually I would explain what kinds of designs we're looking for this week in this space, but I'm actually a time traveler from one week in the future so I already know all the designs that will be submitted and which ones will win. So: Great job everybody! 

No, the real reason I am here is to neutralize Walmazan, whose design will unwittingly cause the Great Undoing exactly three days from today, destroying everything we hold dear. Sorry you all have to watch this, but the future of humanity depends on it. 

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Idea: DeLorean + Blue police box
Title: where did that come from?

What think?

move along

lichme

quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme
j5 wrote:Idea: DeLorean + Blue police box

What think?

Genius! Well, I guess there's still 2 spots to fight for.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Oh Snap!

amugle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amugle
j5 wrote:Idea: DeLorean + Blue police box

What think?

I like the idea, but it's been done before:

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/it-came-out-of-nowhere?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_2

Unless this design time traveled from this derby to the past...

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Plot twist: Walmazan steers away from initial idea in order to avoid calamity, but by doing so creates doom design as foretold in prophecy.

Only the self sacrifice of Bruce Willis can save us !

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

You couldn't ban Doctor Who & Back to the Future like last time?!? Come on!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
amugle wrote:I like the idea, but it's been done before:

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/it-came-out-of-nowhere?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_2

Unless this design time traveled from this derby to the past...

*pats*

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Oh My! XD Well... there are some things I wanted to improve on my "Time Machines" design a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have the time... So I think there's no excuse now to give it a go

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm predicting 87% of the entries will be Dr. Who designs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
kylemittskus wrote:I'm predicting 87% of the entries will be Dr. Who designs.

When in doubt, slap a Tardis on it!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Dr. Who design to go work on.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

You went ahead and peeked, didn't you?

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

That seems generous.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Narfcake wrote:That seems generous.

he meant 87% were gonna be crappy dr. who designs. another 12% will be just mediocre dr. who designs.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
no1 wrote:he meant 87% were gonna be crappy dr. who designs. another 12% will be just mediocre dr. who designs.

And the remaining 1% will have a Tardis for no reason at all and the "time travel" theme is not even present...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Question: Do you all think Groundhog Day could be considered time travel?

Because it's basically a time loop...

I just watched it recently so it was the first thing I thought of.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
DianaSprinkle wrote:Question: Do you all think Groundhog Day could be considered time travel?

Absolutely! Phil travels back 24 hours at the end of every day.

psykosenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psykosenator

I've been too busy these last few weeks, but will definitely submit this week. I love science, maybe someday time travel will become a reality. Definitely a major sci-fi theme, seen it in so many movies. The derby idea probably came from that time-travel grid t-shirt design :p.

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

Here's my design for this week.

Thoughts?

novels22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22

YAY Love this theme!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
Enedlhach wrote:Here's my design for this week.

Thoughts?

Hey- I really like the color and the rough vibe of it- The joke is pretty funny too-

The lettering bugs me a little bit though- Lemme give you a tip on that font, since I have used it before...

Capital letters and lowercase letters are both in all caps- the difference is in the direction... Caps lean one way, lowers the other... If you want it to more match the BTTF font, you should lean them in the same fashion.

Hope that helps.

FoxSonic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FoxSonic

I'm waiting to see someone do something with Chrono Trigger/Cross. In fact, looking across several shirt sites it looks like a barren desert, devoid of anything Chrono Trig. Lost among the whovians, BTTF, and LoZ: OoT. Warcrafters! Where are you? We have the next expac coming in the fall and it's all about time travel!! ** looks at Fablefire and smiles deviously **

-Thae-

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

I was gonna submit something related to Demolition Man but all these young whipper snappers won't get the reference. Bunch of hippies.

fallapart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fallapart
marceepauff wrote:I was gonna submit something related to Demolition Man but all these young whipper snappers won't get the reference. Bunch of hippies.

Slap on a Taco Bell logo and you're good to go!

. : | MARTURIA | : .

Enedlhach

oakenspirit wrote:Hey- I really like the color and the rough vibe of it- The joke is pretty funny too-

The lettering bugs me a little bit though- Lemme give you a tip on that font, since I have used it before...

Capital letters and lowercase letters are both in all caps- the difference is in the direction... Caps lean one way, lowers the other... If you want it to more match the BTTF font, you should lean them in the same fashion.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I was wondering how to fix that.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Enedlhach wrote:Here's my design for this week.

I would like it better without text.

ladytsara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladytsara
DianaSprinkle wrote:Question: Do you all think Groundhog Day could be considered time travel?

I agree with Spiritgreen; go for it!

VOTE

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
Enedlhach wrote:Thanks, I was wondering how to fix that.

Hope I didn't come across as know-it-ally- I had just been working with that font and thought I should share the tip-

I also agree that I don't know how needed the text is, really- It adds an unneeded reference to what would otherwise just be a funny/smart drawing.

Works both ways though, so - thats your call- heh

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

Time travels both forward and backwards. Would love to see a black and white movie theme (say Casa Blanca) pushed into the 22nd century.

sweetaddietude

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
marceepauff wrote:I was gonna submit something related to Demolition Man but all these young whipper snappers won't get the reference. Bunch of hippies.

Yeah I was thinking of that film for a 187/MDK kinda themed design but figured starting from scratch would take too long given how slow I am! :P Still reckon it's a good enough source to work from though

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
FoxSonic wrote:I'm waiting to see someone do something with Chrono Trigger/Cross. In fact, looking across several shirt sites it looks like a barren desert, devoid of anything Chrono Trig. Lost among the whovians, BTTF, and LoZ: OoT. Warcrafters! Where are you? We have the next expac coming in the fall and it's all about time travel!! ** looks at Fablefire and smiles deviously **

Only fun Chrono design I remember seeing is this Chrono 'Tigger' design by Teeg: http://cdn4.fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Chrono-Tigger1.jpg

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
omarfeliciano wrote:And the remaining 1% will have a Tardis for no reason at all and the "time travel" theme is not even present...

This whole thread made my day. Thank you all. It just echoed what I thought in my mind... to quote Boots "put a Tardis on it".... one of my favs from her.

ladytsara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladytsara
grrlmarvel wrote:This whole thread made my day. Thank you all. It just echoed what I thought in my mind... to quote Boots "put a Tardis on it".... one of my favs from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XM3vWJmpfo

VOTE

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

So Walmazan is the harbinger of the Great Undoing eh? I would never have suspected it would be him.

In truth I always thought that Adder would come back, neckbeard shining majestically in the dawn light, and say something like, "You know, I've come to really appreciate Ramyb's work here."

Then an inevitable space-time paradox would occur, thus creating a black hole which would devour all shirt.woot, then eventually the rest of woot until suddenly...

...Suddenly we would all find ourselves looking at the "Skatetown" design again saying, "Do Not Want."

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluejester wrote:In truth I always thought that Adder would come back

Who?

move along

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
bluejester wrote:So Walmazan is the harbinger of the Great Undoing eh? I would never have suspected it would be him.

In truth I always thought that Adder would come back, neckbeard shining majestically in the dawn light, and say something like, "You know, I've come to really appreciate Ramyb's work here."

Then an inevitable space-time paradox would occur, thus creating a black hole which would devour all shirt.woot, then eventually the rest of woot until suddenly...

...Suddenly we would all find ourselves looking at the "Skatetown" design again saying, "Do Not Want."

Hahaha!

Enedlhach

I am disappointed no one has made a Hitchhiker's Guide time travel reference.

MamaDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MamaDragon

As I'm old enough to appreciate the Demolition Man reference, I'm also old enough to remember a few times the Enterprise did a slingslot around a star...

psykosenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psykosenator

Seen some nice entries this week, here's mine:

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/77370/1-21-jigowatts.

Any thoughts? Thanks!