Top 18% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

shortman

quality posts: 113 Private Messages shortman

Congrats Travis Oakenspirit!!!

roseangelo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roseangelo

This is one of those designs that doesn't interest me at all as a t-shirt, but it would make a great poster.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 47 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Congrats Travis! Glad to see a design like this as one of the top three.

lordbowen

quality posts: 783 Private Messages lordbowen

Another great Oakenspirit design. And my new favorite motto.

[img=30x30]http://i.imgur.com/XbxouCV.gif" border="0" />

sabru8

quality posts: 67 Private Messages sabru8

This write-up is a quality post.

djkittn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages djkittn

Love the quote, love the design, love the colors, love the message.

But I also love dogs and have WAAAY too many muddy paws at home to have any more cream shirts. But I want to congratulate Oakenspirit on a -- dare I say it? -- stellar design. Great job!

zekecatz

quality posts: 208 Private Messages zekecatz

It's nice to see the correct verb form used.

massha10

quality posts: 69 Private Messages massha10

"A new life awaits you in the Off-World colonies. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure. Let's go to the colonies! This announcement has been brought to you by the Shimago-Domínguez corporation, helping America into the new world. [...] Use your new friend as a personal body servant or a tireless field hand. The custom tailored genetically engineered humanoid replicant, designed especially for your needs. So come on America, let's put our team up there."

lonelypond

quality posts: 654 Private Messages lonelypond

Sweet space + classic science fiction shout out!

javst42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages javst42

I love this design; I would definitely buy it if it were on greeting cards, a journal, a poster, or a tote.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 5840 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I was hoping this would be a winner! This design is awesome! Really like this as a shirt but would love this as a phone case or journal.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 113 Private Messages oakenspirit

!!! WOW! Thanks so much everyone, for your votes and comments- and thanks woot for printing my design!

... now I have a shirt to wear while I finish my sci-fi book! :D

imprompturob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imprompturob

OOH!!! Theme for the next bioshock???

Robert S Scherzer

theco2

quality posts: 136 Private Messages theco2

This shirt has double meanings. It all depends on your definition of "lies."

darthbob14

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darthbob14

I love how the write-up is not only a newspaper article, it's a three-paragraph sidebar that probably shows up as an ad on the edge of a social media holosite.

"Finally, an excuse to nuke France!"

ambassadordeath7

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ambassadordeath7

I wish our future would be more truthful while in the company of the celestials. Just can't find honest futures these days.

Awesome design.

Lance19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Lance19

I love this design; I would definitely buy it if it were on a desktop wallpaper, electric toothbrush, a 17 oz. travel mug or a men's plus-size thong.

Prey

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Prey

I would buy more of these shirts, but using a plastic pressed on picture is a poor design, if it were screened on the shirt I'd pay more... maybe a choice?
The materials you use don't breathe, it has problems with many peoples skin, and the plastic/vinyl cracks/shrinks if you don't dry it correctly.
Better quality, please.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron

congrats oakenspirit, sharp design

Barzydlo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Barzydlo

I agree with the sentiment 100%, but no way you cave men are going to get there with rockets. Quantum tunneling vehicles, to relocate without moving, cosmic cut-and-paste, re-addressing an object in space-time. Elementary particles do it, and there is no size restriction on an elementary particle. Emulate one, then you'll have a starship, and your Amazon orders will arrive in less time than it takes you to confirm the order and walk to the mailbox. :o)

slayerg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slayerg

*Reads shirt* Awesome, sign me up!

*Re-reads shirt* Whoa whoa whoa, wait what? Our future lies IN the stars? Not near them? I..I..I don't think I'm ready for this... *slowly backs away*

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 272 Private Messages Spiritgreen
imprompturob wrote:OOH!!! Theme for the next bioshock???

That would play into the Beyond the Sea lyrics theory. Each verse predicting a game: "Somewhere beyond the sea", "If I could fly like birds on high", "It's far beyond the stars". Air-tight theory! :p

Conrats to oaken' on the new tee!

Woody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Woody

If this came in any other color, preferably black, I'd be in for one. Cream color makes me look all washed out.

jedistardust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedistardust

Ooo I want this as a print so bad! I love it!

Lera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lera

Please make this available as a poster or journal!

goneferal

quality posts: 20 Private Messages goneferal

The write-up made me nostologic for a time that hasn't happened yet.

x1Moar cat videos!

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko

Congrats oakenspirit!!

bevlowen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bevlowen

Love the shirt, but what is:
Design Placement: Ceneterd ??

BLowen

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
bevlowen wrote:Love the shirt, but what is:
Design Placement: Ceneterd ??

Yep, per the Features tab and pics, you are correct.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

Congratulations, Oaken! This is a wonderful design that absolutely deserved to print.

Narfcake

quality posts: 361 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

YAY! Congrats on another print, Travis!

djkittn wrote:... But I also love dogs and have WAAAY too many muddy paws at home to have any more cream shirts.

On the corollary, I found creme to be more concealing with my dog, but it's more a dust/dander issue with her, not mud. She doesn't even step on grass if it's wet.

manhandsha wrote:Yep, per the Features tab and pics, you are correct.

Soooo ... what is "Ceneterd"?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Prey wrote:I would buy more of these shirts, but using a plastic pressed on picture is a poor design, if it were screened on the shirt I'd pay more... maybe a choice?
The materials you use don't breathe, it has problems with many peoples skin, and the plastic/vinyl cracks/shrinks if you don't dry it correctly.
Better quality, please.

Huh? Did you buy a knockoff somewhere? These shirts are screen printed.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
Narfcake wrote:YAY! Congrats on another print, Travis!

Soooo ... what is "Ceneterd"?

Ha! I know where you're going, but I guess it depends on who you're asking.

theco2

quality posts: 136 Private Messages theco2
Narfcake wrote:Huh? Did you buy a knockoff somewhere? These shirts are screen printed.

I'm betting they got a digital print. I have one in which the design has small tears, after the first time in the dryer and I use low heat.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 18 Private Messages caramelarrow

A triumphant return of cream (AKA creme in the derby threads, for some odd reason). Our future lies in creativity. Congrats on the print, oakenspirit!

07/11/14

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

theco2 wrote:I'm betting they got a digital print. I have one in which the design has small tears, after the first time in the dryer and I use low heat.

I've got a couple DTG/Anvils (from the secondary market) and haven't seen such issues even on high heat(*). It might be the print was improperly cured.

* - The shirts were already excessively shrunken up; my usual care of line drying wouldn't change/improve anything.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 51.447s
First Sucker: shortman
Last Wooter to Woot: Stereochrome
Last Purchase: 3 minutes ago

First day sales 458
First day posts 36
Votes 241