mitchells2003

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchells2003
rikerwt wrote:Okay, just for people searching for what they are, the only one I can't figure out is the ELECTRICAL SPHERE. Any help? Is it Terminator?

Here's what I have:

Electrical Sphere: Terminator?
The Police Box: Dr. Who
The Hot Tub: Hot Tub Time Machine
The Flux Capacitor: Back to the Future
The Necklace: Harry Potter
The Phone Booth: Bill & Ted
The Classic: H.G. Wells
The Portal: Star Trek: TOS
The Music Equipment: Zelda Ocarina
The Way Back: Mr. Peabody & Sherman
The Gate: Stargate
The Map: Time Bandits

It could also be argued that the electrical sphere applies to Safety Not Guaranteed, although technically a boat created the sphere.

And I'd like to add an honorable mention for the time drive from Red Dwarf.

Shaneremail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shaneremail
kdboe wrote:Legend of Zelda

I figured it was a flute from Star Trek Next Gen- Picard didnt actually go back in time though... Excellent Shirt

ooryl2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ooryl2
theiking wrote:OK, yes technically the Stargate should not have been included as its default function was not time travel. If there was something from stargate that could have made it onto this shirt it could have been Janus' Time Machine Puddle Jumper.

But when I really think about it, there are such few shirts with a Stargate on it that I just don't really care about the technicalities. I just want a Stargate on a tshirt as many times as I can get.

I love Stargate T-shirts (I have 3 Stargate Worlds shirts heh) I would have got this one too, but not with the gate only having 8 chevrons. It would bug me each time I saw it.

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
parsoje wrote:Ok, I'll be the uber-geeky Trek person. . .
It's The Guardian, not The Portal

Yes; The Guardian Of Forever.  But the captions are deliberately generic.

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
PocketBrain wrote:You forgot the Pocket watch from Voyagers!
Forgivable, it only ran one season.

Thank John Eric Hexum, for offing himself by not understanding that blanks can be lethal at short range.  ☹

theiking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking
ooryl2 wrote:I love Stargate T-shirts (I have 3 Stargate Worlds shirts heh) I would have got this one too, but not with the gate only having 8 chevrons. It would bug me each time I saw it.

Ahhh, I thought there was something about it that I didnt notice. I bought it immediately when I woke up and checked Day of the Shirt and instantly bought it.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 42.333s
First Sucker: jcavuoti2
Last Wooter to Woot: sunshineanne
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago

First day sales 829
First day posts 125
Votes 161

scubajoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scubajoe

Bought one anyway, but Time Tunnel should have been used for sure.

Hardwarejunkie wrote:I guess The Time Tunnel would have been a little dated, would have made a cool graphic though.

Joseph A Husosky

stpastor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpastor
eddyrayb wrote:I don't get the "musical instrument".

It's from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The musical instrument is an ocarina and it allowed Link to travel to the past and back to the present.

cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle

This shirt is oddly similar to http://www.bustedtees.com/timemachines - does this require a explanation?

Aithene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aithene

My daughter wants to no why teh Omni wasn't represented. Voyagers rock.

jarampanahi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarampanahi
stpastor wrote:It's from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The musical instrument is an ocarina and it allowed Link to travel to the past and back to the present.

Alright, not to nitpick too much, but while it is indeed the Ocarina of Time and is present in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the ocarina had no time-travel capabilities in that game (aside from accelerating to the next day/night from the Sun Song, but that could be done with the regular ocarina as well). It opened the door inside the Temple of Time to the Master Sword (legendary blade), and when kid Link attempts to draw the sword, he gets sealed away for 7 years (because he was not of age to become the Hero of Time). Upon returning the sword, it undoes the 7-year seal and sends him back to the time when he was a child. So really, in LoZ:OoT, it's actually the act of drawing and returning the Master Sword inside the Temple of Time that causes time travel.

Verily, the shirt is referring to the sequel game, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, where playing the Song of Time on the Ocarina of Time would send Link back to a fixed point in time. It is in this regard that the ocarina is a time traveling device. (Though to get even more geeky about it, Majora's Mask takes place in a parallel universe, which is why the Ocarina of Time possesses this ability in the latter game but not the former.)

Anyway, I would have been overjoyed to see a cell phone referencing Steins;Gate in this list.

toothpastecosby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toothpastecosby

Honestly I am kind of disappointed that Calvin and Hobbs cardboard box didn’t make the list. I guess it isn’t nerdy enough.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
toothpastecosby wrote:Honestly I am kind of disappointed that Calvin and Hobbs cardboard box didn’t make the list. I guess it isn’t nerdy enough.

No, it's because shirt.woot wouldn't have allowed for such; it's against Watterson's stance, and for that, I thank the shirt.woot editors for upholding it.

cappy718

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cappy718
zekecatz wrote:This shirt has a sort of timeless vibe.

I see what you did there...

sjlefeber85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjlefeber85

What is the rug looking one suppose to be?

kerrick81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrick81

This is a great design, but it's missing my favorite; Calvin's cardboard box.

Also, the electrical sphere looks a lot like the time code from Futurama in Bender's Big Score (that's what I thought it was).