WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Big Flappy Bird

Speed to First Woot:
5m 30.228s
First Sucker:
wreckmaster
Last Wooter to Woot:
smemirly
Last Purchase:
22 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Shirt Woots
Top 32% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
292

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 84% second woot
  • 16% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 6% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 6% one year old
  • 85% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 84% bought 1
  • 14% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
2%
0%
1%
1%
2%
2%
5%
3%
3%
2%
2%
2%
2%
2%
8%
9%
6%
6%
8%
4%
7%
9%
10%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

1%
1%
0%
94%
2%
2%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


sabru8


quality posts: 64 Private Messages sabru8

P is for Pixel.

thumperchick


quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Select the second picture, hover over it, then click like mad. HE'S FLAPPY! (Without the screaming about hitting a pipe.)

lonelypond


quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

What no pipe? Different neighborhood, I guess ; ) Always a cheerful sight though.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

Enedlhach


quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

I always assumed big bird was unable to fly do to his weight and the fact that his wings were more arm than wing.

Vote:

Facebook

lordbowen


quality posts: 309 Private Messages lordbowen

This flappy bird don't fly.


dacrete


quality posts: 155 Private Messages dacrete

Nice bird legs.

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

This is what Woot takes for dailies these days? *grimaces* Eeech... How awkward and sad. Then again I totally didn't get the clown shirt they had recently aside from oh-hey-a-celebrity-had-a-hand-in-it. :/

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

theco2


quality posts: 91 Private Messages theco2
TobiasAmaranth wrote:This is what Woot takes for dailies these days? *grimaces* Eeech... How awkward and sad. Then again I totally didn't get the clown shirt they had recently aside from oh-hey-a-celebrity-had-a-hand-in-it. :/


I couldn't agree more. Every day, I check Shirt.Woot for the dailies and almost every time I think to myself, "why are they even selling this? You mean people will actually wear this?"

ambassadordeath7


quality posts: 10 Private Messages ambassadordeath7

"Well, there certainly seem to be an unusual number of people here (Japan) from Ohio."
If you don't get the quote, you don't really know Big Bird.

theco2


quality posts: 91 Private Messages theco2
ambassadordeath7 wrote:"Well, there certainly seem to be an unusual number of people here (Japan) from Ohio."
If you don't get the quote, you don't really know Big Bird.


I guess I wasn't a Big Bird fanatic.

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
theco2 wrote:I couldn't agree more. Every day, I check Shirt.Woot for the dailies and almost every time I think to myself, "why are they even selling this? You mean people will actually wear this?"


Different strokes for different folks. I'm pretty certain that my shirt choices aren't necessarily liked by other people, and I couldn't care less. Catshirts, anthropomorphic food, kawaii, original designs ... those are my preferences, but I know folks would be complaining one of the same too because it's not what they like.

yiftach


quality posts: 2 Private Messages yiftach
theco2 wrote:I couldn't agree more. Every day, I check Shirt.Woot for the dailies and almost every time I think to myself, "why are they even selling this? You mean people will actually wear this?"



I'm your polar opposite, apparently. I'm not as fully immersed in geek culture as some people I know, but I'm comfortably treading water in the deep end, so I love stuff like this (and the Wil Wheaton clown shirt) even when I can't afford to buy any of them.

And I don't feel like it's too much. I think there's a fair balance at Woot of generally clever and artistic offerings along with the pop culture stuff. If you don't get it (and don't care to delve into it a bit to find out what the fuss is about), close the tab and move on with your day, mmkay?

safyrejet


quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Oh this brings back memories! I used to love playing on the Atari Big Bird Egg Catch Game. Some of those levels got really fast and hard. Somehow I still love the sound effects and music. I think I played this game the most when I was little.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LQpRjz-DDU

I don't care for the game this is referencing but I do love my old Big Bird game.

razmasters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages razmasters
theco2 wrote:I couldn't agree more. Every day, I check Shirt.Woot for the dailies and almost every time I think to myself, "why are they even selling this? You mean people will actually wear this?"



I completely agree. It doesn't really have to do with the type of shirt, either—it's just uninspired and dull. It's based on a current pop culture joke that isn't funny.

"Oh, it's... sort of, crappily... based on the 'Flappy Bird' style, without paying attention to the whole game's aesthetic...? And because Big Bird is also a bird, it's... Big Bird, semi-'Flappy Bird'-ized. So, it appeals to the crowd of people who are wild about 'Flappy Bird' who... may not even know the character it's supposed to be, because it barely resembles them. That's... great? Print it? Let's do this, I guess?"

It's going to look dated far sooner than later, and is essentially on the level of the 3 for $10 kitsch T-Shirts you'll find at a CVS or Walgreens.

Signed,
Someone who has a perfectly healthy love of game reference shirts, and who considers themselves a tremendous Muppet fan.

rossismyname


quality posts: 10 Private Messages rossismyname

The folks at the Workshop had the correct parody up a long time ago:

http://www.sesamestreet.org/cms-static/flappy_bert/

acraigl


quality posts: 64 Private Messages acraigl
rossismyname wrote:The folks at the Workshop had the correct parody up a long time ago:

http://www.sesamestreet.org/cms-static/flappy_bert/



That gave me a laugh. Thanks.
"Ernie!!!"

x2

mrmikej03


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrmikej03

It would be hard for people to recognize this as a 'flappy' influence without the thing that pissed us off the most...

The pipes.

RayKremer


quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

Yeah, it's just an 8-bit Big Bird, nothing flappy about it. Make him blue instead of yellow, now you have a Big Bird reference for people my age to recognize.

Who cares about flappy birds anyway. It's just a clone of a style of game that's been around for ages. Damn kids think everything is new and amazing just because it's the first time they've seen it...

triplebud


quality posts: 2 Private Messages triplebud

If this was "Big FAPPY Bird" I'd be in for 9000

MISRy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy
triplebud wrote:If this was "Big FAPPY Bird" I'd be in for 9000



That's what I thought it said at first! I had to do like a triple take.

theco2


quality posts: 91 Private Messages theco2
Narfcake wrote:Different strokes for different folks. I'm pretty certain that my shirt choices aren't necessarily liked by other people, and I couldn't care less. Catshirts, anthropomorphic food, kawaii, original designs ... those are my preferences, but I know folks would be complaining one of the same too because it's not what they like.


Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of the designs I do like and I love idea that they are mostly original designs. There just isn't a lot of designs I would wear. If I didn't like any of them, I sure wouldn't stick around. I also love that the artists can interact with the consumers.

I know I can be harsh, at times, and I apologize to the artists.

Before I decided Anvil was crap, I had a list of 20+ different shirts I wanted from the catalog and was waiting for them to come available in different colors and/or cheaper prices. Now I just sit and hope something comes up on a hoodie or AA or something, eventually.

bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Made my post in the other thread before I noticed that they had put up the numbers for this shirt. I have to say, I am surprised it broke 100. Sorry to the artist, but this is just a mediocre design. A shirt based off a flash game that had mega popularity for a week/broke into meme-dom briefly. I just don't get why this was green lit in the first place.

I mean, even the "Winning Tiger" design from a while back had more longevity than this. A celebrity freak out session will last longer in the public consciousnesses than this. Of course, this might sound a bit harsh, but I don't think I've been this disappointed in a woot print in a while.

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
bluejester wrote:Made my post in the other thread before I noticed that they had put up the numbers for this shirt. I have to say, I am surprised it broke 100. Sorry to the artist, but this is just a mediocre design. A shirt based off a flash game that had mega popularity for a week/broke into meme-dom briefly. I just don't get why this was green lit in the first place.

I mean, even the "Winning Tiger" design from a while back had more longevity than this. A celebrity freak out session will last longer in the public consciousnesses than this. Of course, this might sound a bit harsh, but I don't think I've been this disappointed in a woot print in a while.



do you remember the "temple run" shirts they did a couple months ago? those shirts did awful.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.