WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Two identical apartments are available: one on the first floor, one on the second. Which one would you rather live in?
  • 37.2% - First floor 389
  • 62.8% - Second floor 656
1045 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

shortman

quality posts: 44 Private Messages shortman

First floor, cause I see myself with stiff joints in old age, and I hate moving, so I'm gonna be there a while.

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla

Penthouse apartment.

calanthium

quality posts: 15 Private Messages calanthium

When it comes to apartment noise, I would rather be the stomper than the stompee.

Atharaenea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Atharaenea

I guess that would depend on if there's an apartment above the apartment on the first floor. First floor is best if no one lives above you.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Top floor. I can handle stairs, just not tapdancers.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
calanthium wrote:When it comes to apartment noise, I would rather be the stomper than the stompee.

I agree and also when it comes to theft, many are lazy and will hit the first floor before climbing the stairs. I think I read someplace a good while back that 1st floor is much more likely to experience theft over upper floors.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I could never live in an apartment.
Only a home on acreage.

BlackCreekBearTRP1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackCreekBearTRP1

A friend of mine use to live in a 1st floor apartment till her roommate left the window open a bit.
They came home, from an evening of bar hoping, dancing and everything was cleaned out.

pkrzycki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkrzycki
calanthium wrote:When it comes to apartment noise, I would rather be the stomper than the stompee.

I love my first floor apartment, however, I want to find a way to get my upstairs neighbors evicted so much.

It was a couple with a baby who is now seperated and half of the week she has three other kids there in a two bedroom apartment. They make so much g-damn noise and have no respect for quiet hours. Not to mention, when the kids are there, they're technically violating the maximum occupancy regulations.

pkrzycki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkrzycki
daveinwarshington wrote:I could never live in an apartment.
Only a home on acreage.

Also, for many, this is not an option due to income...

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Would depend on if there was a third floor. Never been a fan of apartments, I'd rather rent a house if I was going to rent something.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

aethera21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21

I like that people need you to close every assumption on a 2-line survey

I'd prefer upper floor due to several things: noise, often lower heating bills, safety, and privacy. Harder to look into my windows or hear me if you're walking by. Oh also, fewer bugs, in my experience.

wingman0609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wingman0609

This poll was incomplete, as demonstrated by the many comments questioning the number of floors in said building. I currently live in the lower unit of a duplex and am moving to the top floor of a 6 unit building. I prefer the stair climb over being woken up in the middle of the night/early morning by the upstairs neighbours.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Upper floor in the middle of the building...you get the heat from the other apartments helping to keep your place warmer...and you don't hear crappy upstairs neighbors and their flushing toilets. Of course, I much prefer my house, but we were able to save all the money we needed for a hefty down payment by living in a little one bedroom apt for a long time...so it had it's benefits.

dacmor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dacmor

First floor. Moving furniture and appliances up stairs is the one of the worst things in the world. I can get use to noise and sleep through just about anything.

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan
shortman wrote:First floor, cause I see myself with stiff joints in old age, and I hate moving, so I'm gonna be there a while.

+1

I'm not in old age, but my knee can't handle walking up and down stairs.

novels22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22

As superstitious as this is, two is my lucky number, so I would pick apartment two.