skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

I've been away from the game for awhile but had some extra time so decided to jump back in the action. It seems a LOT has changed in the last 3 years!! Hoping you guys can help me out with a question...

So, 1st place is still based on vote totals. What about 2nd and 3rd?

The post today that announced the top 9 says this: "One of these designs will go on sale as our First Place selection on Friday - the rest could be selected by our Editors to print or just go down in near-miss history."

But the rules page says this: "The top three (3) designs with the highest number of votes will be deemed the first-place, second-place, and third-place winners, respectively."

So, are 2nd and 3rd based on votes or editor's picks? Do they still do that 'visiting artist/judge' thing to help decide?

Thanks for helping out an old-timer, that feels very new again!

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
skirochester wrote:I've been away from the game for awhile but had some extra time so decided to jump back in the action. It seems a LOT has changed in the last 3 years!! Hoping you guys can help me out with a question...

So, 1st place is still based on vote totals. What about 2nd and 3rd?

The post today that announced the top 9 says this: "One of these designs will go on sale as our First Place selection on Friday - the rest could be selected by our Editors to print or just go down in near-miss history."

But the rules page says this: "The top three (3) designs with the highest number of votes will be deemed the first-place, second-place, and third-place winners, respectively."

So, are 2nd and 3rd based on votes or editor's picks? Do they still do that 'visiting artist/judge' thing to help decide?

Thanks for helping out an old-timer, that feels very new again!

It's all based on voting again. They need to update their stuff.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
kevlar51 wrote:It's all based on voting again. They need to update their stuff.

ah... thanks Kevlar.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

skirochester wrote:ah... thanks Kevlar.

Yeah, I just checked with tgentry and he says he'll look around and make sure everything gets updated. Sorry for confusion!