WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

This week's Derby, "Be Bold," starts at noon CST today (May 8) and features some faaaabulous prizes for the winning artists. Check 'em: 

Hey! I'm new here! What the f*&# is a "Derby"??

The Derby is our weekly shirt design contest, voted on by the people. Each week has its own unique theme (this one is "Be Bold"), and the top three voted designs get printed (and paid). Submissions begin at noon CST every Friday, and voting runs through the following Wednesday. You can get all the gritty details in our grittily detailed FAQ page. And all the guidelines for submission can be found right here

Have questions that aren't addressed therein? Jump in the forums and start asking questions. Our community of artists, shirt lovers, and indentured servants will be happy (or, at least, willing) to help you through the process. Welcome to Shirt.Woot. 

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

Shoot! Today? I haven't finished :'(

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Enedlhach wrote:Shoot! Today? I haven't finished :'(

If you read toward the end it says submissions start Friday. I think wootbot's trying to say that the theme/pre-derby discussion launches today at noon.

At least he better be...

Enedlhach

tjschaeffer wrote:If you read toward the end it says submissions start Friday. I think wootbot's trying to say that the theme/pre-derby discussion launches today at noon.

At least he better be...

I did read that, but for some reason his wording about it starting today seems like submissions start at noon. That submit now ad is misleading as well.

tjschaeffer

Enedlhach wrote:I did read that, but for some reason his wording about it starting today seems like submissions start at noon. That submit now ad is misleading as well.

Wootbot is a confusing fellow. I can't imagine submissions would start today, because it would be so out of the norm and there wasn't any other notification given. Will just have to see if any staff responds with clarification.

Enedlhach

tjschaeffer wrote:Wootbot is a confusing fellow. I can't imagine submissions would start today, because it would be so out of the norm and there wasn't any other notification given. Will just have to see if any staff responds with clarification.

Last weeks announcement says it starts the 9th. I think we are safe.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Enedlhach wrote:Last weeks announcement says it starts the 9th. I think we are safe.

Yep, we have no plans to launch it earlier than normal, we're just bad at dates/numbers.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Hey guys- mind if I win this one?

<3 me...

tjschaeffer

oakenspirit wrote:Hey guys- mind if I win this one?

<3 me...

Mind? No. Let you? No. :-P

T4RD15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages T4RD15

Err, sorry I'm really new to this thing - where do we submit our designs?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
T4RD15 wrote:Err, sorry I'm really new to this thing - where do we submit our designs?

assuming you haven't found it already ... http://shirt.woot.com/derby/upload