drew117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drew117

It makes me cry with happiness

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
idontkn1 wrote:... I just don't see anything in the drawing that constitutes new commentary.

Maybe the fact that it looks like a real dog and a real person and not cartoon characters.

goldiesmarv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldiesmarv
aldridgec wrote:I'd consider this shirt, but am afraid of looking droopy and dorky in it.

Any adult who wears a shirt based on a children's book looks like a dork, no matter what fabric it's on. That's the hard truth.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
goldiesmarv wrote:Any adult who wears a shirt based on a children's book looks like a dork, no matter what fabric it's on. That's the hard truth.

"Only in your mind, my very young apprentice." - Obi-Wan

goldiesmarv

Not that there’s anything wrong with being a dork and owning it. Let’s just not kid ourselves by blaming it on the textiles.

Jacko7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jacko7

Haters gonna hate....

Which is a shame because no matter what anyone else says, I think this is a beautiful shirt. Just excellent. Well done.

kaetrace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaetrace
goldiesmarv wrote:Any adult who wears a shirt based on a children's book looks like a dork, no matter what fabric it's on. That's the hard truth.

Valid statement, yet does not address the flimsy shirt issue. I concur. I too would pay the extra for a decent weight fabric. Make them in the U S of A and we will stop griping (until we get into the colors and hues conversation) and begin, one again, to sing the praises of woot! and shirt.woot! No really! I mean it this time!

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" C S Lewis

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Not sure if there's a better place to share this. But this is a children's book based shirt and I know a lot of wooters love reading and reading rainbow...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh?ref=home_location

Jacko7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jacko7

And as an aside, I think the "parody" (if you want to call it that, is obvious....the girl is an adult, and the dog pictured is older. Perhaps this is an alternate, parallel timeline,or perhaps the dog has passed and she is just remembering him, or any of a thousand interpretations.

Why worry about all this BS about parodies and rather just enjoy a quality piece of artistic work?

(Please do not respond.....it is a rhetorical question.)

kaetrace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaetrace
kaetrace wrote:Valid statement, yet does not address the flimsy shirt issue. I concur. I too would pay the extra for a decent weight fabric. Make them in the U S of A and we will stop griping (until we get into the colors and hues conversation) and begin, one again, to sing the praises of woot! and shirt.woot! No really! I mean it this time!

I really do like this. Voting for more dog derbies too. Congrats!

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" C S Lewis

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Love dogs. Love this design. When I first saw it on my screen I didn't think Clifford, I just thought, "Oh, great, woot finally has another DOG shirt!" Now I just wish I could wear it. Maybe it will print on another medium someday.

07/11/14

midnightnerfherder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightnerfherder
theimmc wrote:"Stick shift cars and feelings of arousal"

Wait, what's wrong with that one?

The problem is it's obviously written by the only guy who was a teenager in the 80s who DIDN'T see Whitesnake's Here I Go Again video. Tawny Kitaen dancing in see-through clothes on a couple Jags.

satexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages satexas

Most of you don't seem to "get" the parody here.

It's a blonde little girl with a big red dog, thinking it's best to read the Clifford book - about a big red dog and it's blonde girl owner... with her dog.

Note the book in her hand that's clearly an actual "Clifford" book.

I agree that it's "suspect" on the whole copyright/trademark thing... but it's one shirt - and it follows the 'parody' premise.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

Really?!? Adulthood hasn't been good for you

goldiesmarv

grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Really?!? Adulthood hasn't been good for you

Adulthood is great for me. I can assure you: All the adults who went before us, for the last 10,000 years, wearing linen, silk, leather, and hand-spun wool, have not led unfulfilled lives of sadness while they waited for the invention of cheap t-shirts with cartoons on them. You can like them, you can buy them, but no matter how bad you want it, it will never be cool. The trick is to be okay with that.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot:
2m 48.449s

First Sucker:
GreasenUSA

Last Wooter to Woot:
sokoloff2

Last Purchase:
8 minutes ago

Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots