zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 86 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Is that a ring around Uranus?

I don't know.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Love the planetscape, contrasting colors are awesome. Reminds me of a Digital Blasphemy wallpaper.

Congrats on the print!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

The planets are beautiful! I would love a tutorial video!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Reading today's write up, I would like to offer up another explanation for the t shirt. Perhaps we have caught a man in a moment of contemplation of his own impending doom.

Maybe the title "The Watcher" symbolizes that though the man has arguably an incredible, beautiful and glorious site before him the moment of beauty is tinged with the knowledge that he is facing his own unavoidable doom and can only "watch" as it happens. Hence the the shirt's title, "The Watcher."

In any case, awesome shirt. Glad to see it in print.

lordbowen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages lordbowen

Looks like the Watcher is H.P., or maybe H.G.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Cool cosmic marbles...glad to see this place.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Beautiful space scene Omar, Congrats!

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

What's with the giant?

pupyluvr

quality posts: 48 Private Messages pupyluvr

Why is there a shooting star in outer space? Shooting stars are chunks of space rock burning up in the atmosphere... unless of course that is a comet. But still I have to wonder what and why is the deal with the clouds that are between the second and third planets? I suppose it is supposed to be a nebula?

The reason I assume the "Comet" is a shooting star is because of the "Clouds".

pupyluvr

quality posts: 48 Private Messages pupyluvr
Thirdbase9 wrote:Is that a ring around Uranus?

It can't be Uranus because Uranus is blue... I know because I've seen it and that one is red.
If Uranus was red And had a ring around it I would definitely recommend seeing a professional.

yanmos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yanmos

Love this one!

RCC69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RCC69

did I get on the wrong woot mailings? What happened to woot? You still have the jokes, but all I ever see on here are t-shirts.

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2
pupyluvr wrote:It can't be Uranus because Uranus is blue... I know because I've seen it and that one is red.
If Uranus was red And had a ring around it I would definitely recommend seeing a professional.

Whose?

theco2

Does anyone else find the man creepy?

janus42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janus42

Is that supposed to be The Doctor? Sure seems like it. If so, cool. I'm enjoying the subtlety,so to speak.

catwhisperer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catwhisperer

Cool .... and creepy.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

@Woot&DesignSizeDebate: Really? 11" and not 12"? I know you CAN do 12" on the Men's Small bracket, and 15"->11", while not 15"->9", is still such a drastic reduction, and more than needed.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

oakenspirit

quality posts: 72 Private Messages oakenspirit

Grats on the print Omar! Such a great scene full of mystery. I'm kinda digging Blue Jester's interpretation... No better image of looking back at one's life than staring at some long-dead stars and planets! ;)

Awesome.

tmdowling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmdowling

Beautiful. Appears someone just disembarked from the Ship of the Imagination to stand on the Giant Marble of the Imagination.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Whoa finally, great non-cartoon artwork. Very nice, so it will be one of my rare buys since Woot became "The Site Formally Known as Woot"

steller2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steller2k

Reminds me of this guy:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090611195126/half-life/en/images/1/12/G-Man_Station_7.jpg
(The G-Man from the Half-Life Series)

sonofafish

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sonofafish

Whoa, cosmic, man. Great work, Omar!

amisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amisky

Anyone else think of The Illusive Man from Mass Effect 2?

Beautiful shirt!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Wow, thanks Wooters!!! I really thought Spiritgreen's design was placing today. So I went to sleep early last night, and woke up to this surprise. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It awesome to see that you guys like my planets

About the video tutorial, that's a great idea. I should do that some day

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Hey Omar, congrats man! Your planet designs have this smart but casual aesthetic, each with a new twist. Great shirt.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
janus42 wrote:Is that supposed to be The Doctor? Sure seems like it. If so, cool. I'm enjoying the subtlety,so to speak.

Yes, it immediately reminded me of "The Stolen Earth" episode.

johnsalterego

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsalterego

Technically he'd never make it till the planets smashed together anyway - by his size and the curvature of the planet he's standing on there wouldn't be enough gravity to support a breathable atmosphere... but really, it is just a shirt.

mysticeden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mysticeden

Te quedo brutal mano!

ambassadordeath7

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ambassadordeath7

Makes me think of th decision most padawans face during their training...remain Jedi, or succumb to the dark side.

theco2

janus42 wrote:Is that supposed to be The Doctor? Sure seems like it. If so, cool. I'm enjoying the subtlety,so to speak.

This shirt has officially been ruined, for me.

...and I did kind of like it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
theco2 wrote:This shirt has officially been ruined, for me.

It's ambiguous. Is it a scientist? A timelord? A dreamer? A tyrant?

I don't think Omar drew anything to suggest it's a DW shirt although some people could enjoy it as one.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Spiritgreen wrote:It's ambiguous. Is it a scientist? A timelord? A dreamer? A tyrant?

I don't think Omar drew anything to suggest it's a DW shirt although some people could enjoy it as one.

It is ambiguous. Actually, I've only seen like 3 (old) episodes of Doctor Who. I always try to design shirts of things I'm familiar with, and DW is not the case.

The silhouette was a last minute element I added to make it more "on theme". It gives that sensation of perspective and I thought it was going to look good on the design. The inspiration came from a comic I'm reading, "Original Sin:. There is this character living in the moon watching everything that happens on Earth since the beginning of time.

Dodgerchick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dodgerchick

My 10 year old son is a huge astronomy fan, he's gonna love this! Thanks Omar and congrats

janus42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janus42
theco2 wrote:This shirt has officially been ruined, for me.

That doesn't mean that it is though. Obviously as the artist said, that wasn't his design intent. It's just how I saw it. That's what's great about good art; everybody can take their own message away from it.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Omar!

hleeperk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hleeperk

From the size of the man, I'd venture to say the "planets" are very small (WAY smaller than Pluto and we ripped Pluto's "planet" license away). Given their size, I don't think there's any risk of them pulling each other in at any great speed.

My bigger concerns are:
1) The "planets" are obviously not large enough to retain any/enough atmosphere to reach the man's head.
2) There's not enough gravity to hold him on the planet, so I can only assume he has anti-gravity boots, or maybe he's ran a strap around the "planet" to hold himself to it.
3) Unless they were already traveling in unison speed/direction, this picturesque scene is only going to last a moment before they zip past each other and are gone from the man's sight for probably a very long time leaving him zipping though the emptiness of space with nothing for the Watcher to watch. This shirt captures what is probably the most emotional and exciting point of the Watcher's life which probably will only last a moment or two.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, Omar! So happy to see this print. Just beautiful!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 1m 32.555s
First sucker:computermd82
Last wooter to woot:sabru8
Last purchase:4 minutes ago

First day sales 658
First day posts 37
Votes 174

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
janus42 wrote:That doesn't mean that it is though. Obviously as the artist said, that wasn't his design intent. It's just how I saw it. That's what's great about good art; everybody can take their own message away from it.

Congrats on grasping the best thing about artwork!!!

Love this shirt for all its possible interpretations. Trying to save money right now, so I really hope it stays in print for a good long time so I can get a few of them <3

~ First ever Birthday of Celebrations ~ 7/11/2014 ~