zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 92 Private Messages Thirdbase9

This shirt is too complex.

I don't know.

pocatello83201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pocatello83201

I have the other Occam's Razor shirt, so I must get this one as well!

Thanks! Very well done!

lordbowen

quality posts: 250 Private Messages lordbowen

I expected a simpler design.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

*Again ponders Woot's thought process on shrinking the design for the Men's Small bracket* It fits, why shrink it? :\

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

radoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radoom

Great idea had to get one

bubbachuck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bubbachuck

I thought the other Occam's Razor design is more aesthetically pleasing and witteir http://shirt.woot.com/offers/world-famous-razors?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_1

And this shirt captures the concept perfectly http://shirt.woot.com/offers/resist?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_0

Not a fan of a lot of words on clothes and I suspect a lot of others are the same.

Fear denies faith

ellenbhawk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellenbhawk

I'd buy it but I could never wear it. I'd be nagged by the knowledge that there is an apostrophe missing. I can't sport Occam's Razor misspelled, the other nominalists would laugh at me.

emurus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emurus

Half-Life 3 confirmed! Just in time for E3.

Suspiciously similar anyway.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
emurus wrote:Half-Life 3 confirmed! Just in time for E3.

Suspiciously similar anyway.

"Occam's Razor" (including the apostrophe) is 12 characters long. "OR-SC" is 4 characters. 12/4 = 3

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Fardinando

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fardinando
ellenbhawk wrote:I'd buy it but I could never wear it. I'd be nagged by the knowledge that there is an apostrophe missing. I can't sport Occam's Razor misspelled, the other nominalists would laugh at me.

Oh, what a relief! Thanks Ellen! My wife is a copy editor; I'd never live it down.

How did this every get through the Woot process unfixed? Fix the punctuation and I'm in for a hoodie.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Artistic choice, not grammatical. Found many logos that have this dropped. This morning, I googled a bit and found that this is an interesting point of contention on the interweb. Good arguments on both sides...

willybeetoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willybeetoo

OOps,,, Occam's (or Ockham's) razor is a principle attributed to the 14th century logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. Ockham was the village in the English county of Surrey where he was born.

Now some are worried about the missing apostrophe (S).. The Razor is not the property of the town of OCCAM. It is the property of William..

But there was only one town..

Yet another example of ( bad information is worse than no information )...

Puzzle that!!!

mollymerula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollymerula

I like the design, but the missing apostrophe - stylistic choice or otherwise - would drive me mad.

It looks nice, though!

I AM THE DESTROYER OF THREADS

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
mollymerula wrote:I like the design, but the missing apostrophe - stylistic choice or otherwise - would drive me mad.

It looks nice, though!

Agreed. I was ready to buy this at first glance. But seeing the missing apostrophe changed everything. Intentional or not, I can't buy it as is.

wootfast

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

Looks like dollar shave clubs logo

ninjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjedi
jel2301 wrote:Agreed. I was ready to buy this at first glance. But seeing the missing apostrophe changed everything. Intentional or not, I can't buy it as is.

Did the design get swapped with a fixed version recently? I see the apostrophe there that everyone above is saying is missing...

bigshtank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigshtank

Clever

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond

I keep making it read 'Oscar'

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

ninjedi wrote:Did the design get swapped with a fixed version recently? I see the apostrophe there that everyone above is saying is missing...

Mike was talking to me about this because he was going to post something but he seems to be on the phone now, so I will say it in a way that's not as good as maybe he had done:

So, we did fix it, we were on the pro-apostrophe side UNTIL the artist came in here with a very rational reason as to why it was made apostrophe-less, so we will be leaving it as the artist intended. We hope that will appease both grammarians and non.

ninjedi

agingdragqueen wrote:
So, we did fix it, we were on the pro-apostrophe side UNTIL the artist came in here with a very rational reason as to why it was made apostrophe-less, so we will be leaving it as the artist intended. We hope that will appease both grammarians and non.

Ok, I'm dying to know... what was the "rational" reason?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

ninjedi wrote:Ok, I'm dying to know... what was the "rational" reason?

His post above explains his decision:

benjaminleebates wrote:Artistic choice, not grammatical. Found many logos that have this dropped. This morning, I googled a bit and found that this is an interesting point of contention on the interweb. Good arguments on both sides...

ninjedi

agingdragqueen wrote:His post above explains his decision:

Ahh, interesting. I quickly skimmed that comment earlier and didn't catch on that it was the artist. Not sure I like it being an artistic decision, but I respect his choice nonetheless.

rkappesser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkappesser

"William of Ockham"
But do we really want a shirt about Willy's razor?

princessbunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessbunny

You can bedazzle the apostrophe!

lopezfd2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lopezfd2

I'd love to get this but unfortunately I can count on one hand the number of people I personally know that would "get" it. Everyone else would say something to the effect of "That some sort of satanic occam-ult?" Or ask any number of aggravating questions.

I would die from disappointment.

Cool shirt/hoodie though.

avi8or75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avi8or75

Why, for the love of all that is awesome in one's own eyes, doesn't woot offer hoodies for all their designes? Seems like they're missing a golden opportunity.

skemmis

quality posts: 15 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

princessbunny wrote:You can bedazzle the apostrophe!

My nominee for Woot forum sentence of the month.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 3m 12.660s
First Sucker: rhinoman57
Last Wooter to Woot: BrianKuenn
Last Purchase: 4 minutes ago

First day sales 537
First day posts 27

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
agingdragqueen wrote:Mike was talking to me about this because he was going to post something but he seems to be on the phone now, so I will say it in a way that's not as good as maybe he had done:

good for you adq.

I always did like yardsales.

JJWOLFE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JJWOLFE

Love the T-shirt... The hoodie is just cheap crap though...