Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
agingdragqueen wrote:PROBABLY, but, and especially if you're further away from Dallas, you might want to purchase the $5 overnight shipping to ensure that it does.

FWIW, I didn't see a $5 expedited option at checkout.

MorbidEclipse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MorbidEclipse

I have tried to order the AA MM shirt 4 times now, and I keep on getting the message:

"Denied
What's going on here?
Your payment authorization was denied. You can either sit and grieve, continue shopping, or go back to your cart."

I have been on woot for years and have never had this issue. I even tried entering all my info again twice and keep getting the same message.

Anyone ever have this same issue??

Thanks for any input!

*really want this!*

Harbinger of Death
(reserved for: BattlestarGalactica/Defiance badges when I have time to make them!)

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
BIGELLOW wrote:When worn on the 4th of July, I'm sure that some ketchup stains will eventually fill in Alaska and Hawaii.

I would buy this shirt, but I currently live in Alaska. So...yeah, I don't want to hear the complaining.

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

You have to touch a state to be a state. Therefore, this is correct.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

MorbidEclipse wrote:I have tried to order the AA MM shirt 4 times now, and I keep on getting the message:

"Denied
What's going on here?
Your payment authorization was denied. You can either sit and grieve, continue shopping, or go back to your cart."

I have been on woot for years and have never had this issue. I even tried entering all my info again twice and keep getting the same message.

Thanks for any input!

*really want this!*

Is it possible that you're inputting your bank info incorrectly? Even being barely off can cause an auto-denial. Quickest is to probably try another payment method, less quick is to call up the financial institution that you're trying to use and see why they're denying your order.

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond

It is nice to see so much good cheer around here. And congrats to fishbiscuit5 on a classic shirtwoot! winner, with a definite Americana tilt ; ).

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
lonelypond wrote:It is nice to see so much good cheer around here. And congrats to fishbiscuit5 on a classic shirtwoot! winner, with a definite Americana tilt ; ).

A great design from one of my favorite artists, printed on blanks I love, at a bargain price, and even started off last night with some friendly competition like old times ... yep, there's cheer!

A little less than 12 hours left, I'm still predicting a sellout (barring any more shirt shortages or site issues.)

ricka182

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ricka182
aoviss wrote:I won't order one, as much as I admire it.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

It's against the law.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, unfortunately, flag code is not law.

Leave it to the USA to not protect it's own symbol of freedom and sovereignty.

...i remain, he who remains to be...

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
blue_94_trooper wrote:This wouldn't have even been clever 6 yeas ago. Now it's just kind of sadly childish.

There is always one in the crowd and it's usually the same guy.
I'm in for one!

seamuspautz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seamuspautz

Brings a red, white, and blue tear to my 'Murican eyes!

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
ricka182 wrote:As much as I'd like to agree with you, unfortunately, flag code is not law.

Leave it to the USA to not protect it's own symbol of freedom and sovereignty.

Our symbol of freedom and sovereignty is our Constitution.
I don't get my freedom from a flag, or from the military, or from some talking head.
This is a nice design. In for one.

stonetumbler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stonetumbler

I have stopped buying shirts because of the whole Anvil thing - they just do not fit me - and it pleases me greatly to see AA shirts again. Great design to go along with the better quality shirt. I will continue to purchase all of the AA shirts that are available here.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril

Would be nice if shirts I actually wanted got printed on AA. Would even pay extra. Sigh. As it is I pass up all but the most amazing ones I like now because of Anvil.

arieltf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arieltf

I ordered the Anvil shirts earlier today because the AA shirts were all sold out in my size. Now when I checked, the AA shirts in my size are no longer greyed out! Is there a way for me to change my order to the AA shirt?

thumperchick

arieltf wrote:I ordered the Anvil shirts earlier today because the AA shirts were all sold out in my size. Now when I checked, the AA shirts in my size are no longer greyed out! Is there a way for me to change my order to the AA shirt?

Probably not. If you want the AA, I would just order it. You can email support@woot.com and ask if they will cancel the Anvil order, but it may not work.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Probably not. If you want the AA, I would just order it. You can email support@woot.com and ask if they will cancel the Anvil order, but it may not work.

^^ she's on the ball.

We'd be happy to take it back if it turns out that we can't cancel it (which is likely).

blaineg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages blaineg

I'm partial to this one: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/dependence-day

But then my wife is English. :-)

blaineg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages blaineg
pragmatist007 wrote:You have to touch a state to be a state. Therefore, this is correct.

I'm touching a state as we speak, therefore...

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
tgentry wrote:It's not a flag. It's a shirt.

Indeed.
My grandpa used to get furious over a pin I wore that was made of beads that mimicked the flag (it obviously didn't look enough like a flag, but it was similar layout). It wasn't an actual flag, and neither is this. That all said, Congrats Fishy! Glad to see you won the big prize!

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
MorbidEclipse wrote:I have tried to order the AA MM shirt 4 times now, and I keep on getting the message:

"Denied
What's going on here?

Same here! I used the credit card info I already have saved here. And I'm under my card limit. I called Capital One and they never saw the transaction come through for approval or denial. What gives?

Yes, I emailed support.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

I'm glad woot was able to find more AA blanks so I (and others) could order. Hopefully, this won't be a problem with the next two days' shirts. So, dear woot, do you have enough stock on-hand for whatever two shirts are coming next? If not, for the love of America, somebody pick up a phone.

07/11/14

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

caramelarrow wrote:I'm glad woot was able to find more AA blanks so I (and others) could order. Hopefully, this won't be a problem with the next two days' shirts. So, dear woot, do you have enough stock on-hand for whatever two shirts are coming next? If not, for the love of America, somebody pick up a phone.

There are set quantities for the next two days, yes. But, when they're gone, they're really gone.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kumaku

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kumaku
Ryballz wrote:Whoa, American Apparel is back? Since when?

I might actually start checking shirt.woot again.

fa sho tho

A Roomba for only $150? WOOT!

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester
Spiritgreen wrote:$10 American Apparel woot shirts?!

Big congrats, fb5!

I nearly woke the baby when I saw this I laughed so hard. Not just because it was funny, but because it is so true.

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

(Show some manners!) that AA sold out so fast. I would have ordered, but I'm sworn off cruddy Anvil shirts.

Really, *that* word gets censored? It's not a swear word. It's four letters, starts with "L", and rhymes with "name." THAT's not allowed??

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 0m 26.117s
First sucker:bluejester
Last wooter to woot:cobronco69
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

First day sales 5013
First day posts 104
Votes 477

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
michaelvella wrote:Our symbol of freedom and sovereignty is our Constitution.
I don't get my freedom from a flag, or from the military, or from some talking head.
This is a nice design. In for one.

ok so i definitely want to know the answer to this. If your freedom doesn't come from he military where exactly do you think it comes from? england left voluntarily over 200 years ago, right?

I always did like yardsales.

luke975

JadenKale wrote:Indeed.
My grandpa used to get furious over a pin I wore that was made of beads that mimicked the flag (it obviously didn't look enough like a flag, but it was similar layout). It wasn't an actual flag, and neither is this. That all said, Congrats Fishy! Glad to see you won the big prize!

but, out of respect for grandpa, you didn't wear it around him, right?
I swear a lot. where ever I am. I have a friend who is a coworker, that doesn't like it. so out of respect for her, I try hard not to around her.

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy
luke975 wrote:ok so i definitely want to know the answer to this. If your freedom doesn't come from he military where exactly do you think it comes from? england left voluntarily over 200 years ago, right?

Freedom is your human right. Freedom is not something that is granted by the government, the military, or a document. These things exist to defend your right to freedom.

England claimed sovereignty, that claim was rebuked and required military force to do so.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
MorbidEclipse wrote:
"Denied
What's going on here?

[snip]

(I wonder if anyone had this problem ordering an Anvil blank. At least their item is still available for purchase, albeit at a higher price.)

As I said earlier, this happened to me too. I heard back from support, and the response was entirely unsatisfactory. I was caught by some automated anti-fraud check on Woot's end; they never even contacted my credit card company.

So because of Woot's actions, my only option is to buy an (IMO) inferior shirt at a higher price? I don't think so.

Woot's reply included some nonsense about the anti-fraud block being for their customers' protection. Nonsense--I have recourse with my credit card company for that. Perhaps it is somehow for *Woot's* protection that they blocked a loyal customer from buying a special event item that they hyped extensively. If so, they may as well say so.

They also included a paragraph about how it was beyond their control when my card company would release my funds. There are no funds for them to release! Woot never tried to get them to pay in the first place. My payment authorization was denied *by Woot*!

luke975

sneefy wrote:Freedom is your human right. Freedom is not something that is granted by the government, the military, or a document. These things exist to defend your right to freedom.

England claimed sovereignty, that claim was rebuked and required military force to do so.

excellent answer, thank you. It may be a right, and I agree it is, but without a strong military we would be unable to enjoy it.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
sneefy wrote:Freedom is your human right. Freedom is not something that is granted by the government, the military, or a document. These things exist to defend your right to freedom.

I do think we get our freedom as American citizens from the Constitution, though it most certainly is a human right as you note. Many people 'round the world don't enjoy the same freedoms we do, though we'll happily bomb those freedoms into their country like heck!

People often confuse *fighting for freedom* (assuming that it's true, generally it's not) with actual freedom.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Just wondering if I'm going to get my shirt in time for the 4th?? I have a tracking number but all it says is the number was initiated last Tuesday. There's no actual "tracking" of anything.

07/11/14

AiRTiMe34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AiRTiMe34
caramelarrow wrote:Just wondering if I'm going to get my shirt in time for the 4th?? I have a tracking number but all it says is the number was initiated last Tuesday. There's no actual "tracking" of anything.

Same for me. I came looking for answers too!

AiRTiMe34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AiRTiMe34
AiRTiMe34 wrote:Same for me. I came looking for answers too!

Of course. Now that I said that my tracking just started updating...

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
AiRTiMe34 wrote:Of course. Now that I said that my tracking just started updating...

same here and the tracking shows estimated delivery on 7/5 Why The Frown? woot! guess I won't have this by the time I was promised. Already emailed support to complain

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

hrconnect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrconnect

My tracking number says it would reach by 7/5.
Whole reason for buying these was to wear it on 4th of July.
Why would we want to declare our independence on 5th?

thumperchick

AiRTiMe34 wrote:Of course. Now that I said that my tracking just started updating...

That's encouraging! Mine is still unsure of itself. I think it needs a pep-talk.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
thumperchick wrote:That's encouraging! Mine is still unsure of itself. I think it needs a pep-talk.

don't get to encouraged yet, mine finally updated today with delivery estimated for 7/5. Here is hoping that we all get these as promised before 7/4

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com