WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Americana

We're coming up on the day that Bill Paxton declared independence from the aliens, and what better way to celebrate than with some patriotic apparel. And don't worry, it'll get there on time. We're offering FREE expedited shipping (so whatever you buy in here will get there by 7/3).

Quality Posts

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2

A whole sale of the patriotic shirts, including some from the derby that places low and still no American Dream. And only one tank, with a design I don't want.

I was just telling my girlfriend, tonight, "I need more tanks." Looks like it won't be today.

hollyhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollyhall

It says free expedited shipping by 7/3, but what if I order it today (Sunday night, just after midnight, June 22, or 23?) and I only live an hour north of you? Would it come sooner? I have two boys going to camp and they leave next Sunday, June 29. The theme for that week at camp is patriotic (of course!). I'd love for them to have these founding father superhero shirts packed away to wear on theme night!

hollyhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollyhall

I could even come pick them up! I'll be in Dallas on Friday...

khasn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khasn

Am I the only one that noticed WootBot made a reference to Bill Paxton making a speech in Independece Day", when it was actually Bill Pullman?

Bill Paxton was good in Aliens though.

coolbana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coolbana

So happy that the American Pi shirt is on its way. A multi purpose shirt for the patriotic holidays AND that special day and time coming soon 3-14-15 9:26:53.54....

CoolBana

huey782

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huey782
theco2 wrote:A whole sale of the patriotic shirts, including some from the derby that places low and still no American Dream. And only one tank, with a design I don't want.

I was just telling my girlfriend, tonight, "I need more tanks." Looks like it won't be today.

I agree, they really screwed the pooch with only one tank. And most definitely not one that I want.

EmilyRose1982

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EmilyRose1982

Why were shirts that received less votes in last week's derby given a shirt in this event? I really wanted Captain Americat, but yet again, I am denied. Come on Woot, print designs that were actually in the Fog, not ones that barely broke 80 votes.

sonofafish

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sonofafish
EmilyRose1982 wrote:Why were shirts that received less votes in last week's derby given a shirt in this event? I really wanted Captain Americat, but yet again, I am denied. Come on Woot, print designs that were actually in the Fog, not ones that barely broke 80 votes.

It's interesting you mention that, because the ostensible purpose for this change was to expose more artists / print more artists, and that design was by an artist with 0 prints, and it finished in the fog.
Seems like it would have been a perfect opportunity to have proof of concept, but instead they went with designs by established artists well outside the fog.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

smtatertot13

quality posts: 8 Private Messages smtatertot13

Definitely missed the boat with only one tank (and on the most boring of the designs...)

It's summer, woot! We wanna rock the tanks!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
sonofafish wrote:It's interesting you mention that, because the ostensible purpose for this change was to expose more artists / print more artists, and that design was by an artist with 0 prints, and it finished in the fog.
Seems like it would have been a perfect opportunity to have proof of concept, but instead they went with designs by established artists well outside the fog.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Could it be that the person didn't send the Print File? Maybe he/she opted out? Why do we always have to blame Woot?

theco2

smtatertot13 wrote:Definitely missed the boat with only one tank (and on the most boring of the designs...)

It's summer, woot! We wanna rock the tanks!
huey782 wrote:I agree, they really screwed the pooch with only one tank. And most definitely not one that I want.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Come on Woot! You want the sales, you have to sell what people want.
I know it's a difficult concept, sometimes.

brandonn004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonn004

Am I the only person who remembers that if there were more than 1776 total votes all the patriotic shirts would be $10? Did I just imagine that?

sonofafish

omarfeliciano wrote:Could it be that the person didn't send the Print File? Maybe he/she opted out? Why do we always have to blame Woot?

I don't think I've ever blamed them, but the woot staff explained exposure for newer artist was part of the reasoning for the change.

There doesn't need to be blame or judgment involved to view this specific entry as a missed opportunity given their stated goals, particularly with a potential customer saying "hey, where's that shirt I liked?"

FWIW, the ones they picked look nice. I was glad to see that at least one previously-unprinted artist made the cut.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
sonofafish wrote:exposure for newer artist

I assumed if the artist doesn't send the print file during the derby, then it probably won't print in the side sale.

theco2

fishbiscuit5 wrote:I assumed if the artist doesn't send the print file during the derby, then it probably won't print in the side sale.

I have never looked at Woots rules, but does this mean they can print it elsewhere?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

brandonn004 wrote:Am I the only person who remembers that if there were more than 1776 total votes all the patriotic shirts would be $10? Did I just imagine that?

Only for Fri - Sun dailies.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
theco2 wrote:I have never looked at Woots rules, but does this mean they can print it elsewhere?

After the 60 day hold period is over, yes, the artist can sell the shirt.

gracelit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit

Southern Florida reads "Pledge Our Tunes." That rocks!

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

My dad loved Reason for the Season when I got it for his birthday (retired Navy after over 20 years, and ~that~ after Vietnam), and my fiancee was jealous as hell (Constitutionalist XD). Said fiancee doesn't wear tank tops, but Declare Your Independance should more than work! Now I get to decide between Freedom, Stripes, or American Pie XD

I'm kind of surprised though that w00t opted for a jersey hoodie over another tank. As much as I love Reason for the Season, you would think they would rather offer more designs as tanks more than anything.

~ First ever Birthday of Celebrations ~ 7/11/2014 ~

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
omarfeliciano wrote:Could it be that the person didn't send the Print File? Maybe he/she opted out? Why do we always have to blame Woot?

I don't know if there is any reason to "blame" anyone but they ASK for the print file if it's not handy. I've never sent a print file until I've been asked for it.

I think they print what catches their eye and what they believe will sell. There is no way to avoid some bias they have toward artists that make stuff they like.

sonofafish

thatrobert wrote:I don't know if there is any reason to "blame" anyone but they ASK for the print file if it's not handy. I've never sent a print file until I've been asked for it.

I think they print what catches their eye and what they believe will sell. There is no way to avoid some bias they have toward artists that make stuff they like.

And that's why I don't blame them. They run their business the way they think it will succeed / grow. It's pretty much the most American thing you can do (dovetail!).

Still, this was their first opportunity to back up their statements about why they changed the HM system. As I said before, maybe next time.

thatrobert

sonofafish wrote:And that's why I don't blame them. They run their business the way they think it will succeed / grow. It's pretty much the most American thing you can do (dovetail!).

Still, this was their first opportunity to back up their statements about why they changed the HM system. As I said before, maybe next time.

It might be helpful to have artists be guest editors and choose some or all of the designs. I know Woot tried something like this in the past but I wasn't around to see if that had it's own problems.

inhissteps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inhissteps

It is Bill Pullman starring on ID4...NOT Paxton

thatrobert

inhissteps wrote:It is Bill Pullman starring on ID4...NOT Paxton

I thought they were the same person?

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
thatrobert wrote:I thought they were the same person?

Think you know your Bills?

Please consider voting for my shirts:

linesxofxfury

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linesxofxfury

Hi. I'm the creator of "Captain Americat". I just want to say thanks for the support I've read in the comments. I sent the print ready file when voting was still going on, but I haven't heard anything from Woot regarding my design. Who know what will happen.

Ripley1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ripley1

No American Dream?

Or Dawns Early Light?

Two lost sales, Woot...

fistigons

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fistigons

Can't believe the Freedom Hoodie is sold out. I need that hoodie. Stationed in the UK and need to show my American pride since it averages 70 degrees here in the summer. If anybody know how to get a hold of a men's medium let me know.

LPyne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LPyne
Ripley1 wrote:
Or Dawns Early Light?

Two lost sales, Woot...

I was pretty bummed. FWIW, I sent the files. Sigh.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
Ripley1 wrote:No American Dream?

Or Dawns Early Light?

Two lost sales, Woot...

Those were my two favorites in the derby also. I can't believe neither made it into the top three and really can't believe neither is printing in the new side sale. Hopefully the artists will take them elsewhere to print.

07/11/14

Ripley1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ripley1
LPyne wrote:I was pretty bummed. FWIW, I sent the files. Sigh.

My husband loves your design and so do I! FWIW, we'd be in for 2..

Come on, Woot! In the fog and still not printed???

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
Ripley1 wrote:My husband loves your design and so do I! FWIW, we'd be in for 2..

Come on, Woot! In the fog and still not printed???

Yeah... I seriously would have gotten my dad American Dream v.v I'm shocked that it didn't print despite being in the fog.

~ First ever Birthday of Celebrations ~ 7/11/2014 ~

sonofafish

caramelarrow wrote:Those were my two favorites in the derby also. I can't believe neither made it into the top three and really can't believe neither is printing in the new side sale. Hopefully the artists will take them elsewhere to print.

Unfortunately, they're still on 60 day hold, and will be well after they're no longer as relevant.

wyk3d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d

It would have been complete American overdose if this apparel had printed on those other blanks that we aren't allowed to talk about but would have matched this theme perfectly.

NMSteiner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NMSteiner
LPyne wrote:I was pretty bummed. FWIW, I sent the files. Sigh.

Yours was my favorite in the derby. I can't believe it didn't get printed for the side sale. I still want one, woot!

sonofafish

on a different note, it is pretty funny how many people took the bait on the Pullman / Paxton thing. Well played, Woot.

TimUSCA

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TimUSCA

Is anyone else getting orders denied due to credit card authorization issues? I've tried two cards, both with plenty of cash available, and it gets denied every time. What gives?

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

TimUSCA wrote:Is anyone else getting orders denied due to credit card authorization issues? I've tried two cards, both with plenty of cash available, and it gets denied every time. What gives?

Sorry you're having trouble. Have you tried clearing cache for your browser or trying another browser/device?

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

shanea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanea

I was waiting until payday to order one of the Americana shirts for my husband. Today was the day and I was going to pay extra for him to have it before the 4th. I came to the site to order it, only to find out they are all sold out. The particular one he wanted was the Hulk, Captain America, etc., one. Any chance that one will be available later?