DecaffWriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DecaffWriter
CDRandom wrote:This is a sweet looking design!

Why, thank you! It's only my second submission, so we'll see how it does.

theLordsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLordsarmy
jrberger wrote:Also up for voting here.
http://www.qwertee.com/tees/vote/selected#minion-fiction

This link works better: http://www.qwertee.com/product/minion-fiction

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
manikx66 wrote:well done, love the concept.

Thanks!

sonofafish

theLordsarmy wrote:This link works better: http://www.qwertee.com/product/minion-fiction

Interesting that you're involved in this kind of imbroglio again, Alberto. Similar situation almost exactly one year ago. FTR, I tried to stick up for you back then.
I'm just surprised you didn't think people would find out and start making noises about it, Tjost got in your face pretty hard back then. Oh well, hand me the popcorn and let's see if this prints on both sites!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Urban Forest

Great color and style. I'd love to wear this.

sonofafish

Re: River Spirit

Oh man, white! I can't do white, but this is sooooo good! If this prints I may just have to take my chances.

sonofafish

Re: Pixel Wolf Night

This is pretty cool! +1

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: A Game of Crows

Thanks guys! I really wasn't expecting much for this reworked design, but I'm happy that you like it enough to have this many votes.

@sonofafish Thanks man, I really appreciate that thought!!!

@Arabesque It is a reworked design I made back in 2012 Here is the link

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris

I can't believe this isn't in the fog. Voters gotta get their act together.

sonofafish

Re: Hellmo

Man, this is embarassing. I didn't realize that loooong comment wasn't in the thread for its corresponding entry. Sorry for the threadjack. Like I said in the prederby, this rocks!

rockshockgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockshockgirl

love it!

captainincognito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainincognito
Re: Why so Sirius?

Not to be that guy but the stars in this design look taken from the images on http://powerpetsmania.com/ppm/profile.php?guide=backgrounds. I don't think it's allowed to pass anothers work off as your own but I leave to the woot staff to say (image below).

Also the clouds behind the dog looks like a photo of a nebula, but I can't find the photo so it's hard to say. Don't want to make accusations that cannot be proven.

rockshockgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockshockgirl

nice!

bennettholzworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bennettholzworth

This is my first Derby entry. I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything. I added a description, but I don't see that anywhere. Is that just for Woot to see?

Re: My Three Dragons

kellabell9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kellabell9
Re: unicorn.

Love this!

briancurtis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briancurtis
captainincognito wrote:Not to be that guy but the stars in this design look taken from the images on http://powerpetsmania.com/ppm/profile.php?guide=backgrounds. I don't think it's allowed to pass anothers work off as your own but I leave to the woot staff to say (image below).

Also the clouds behind the dog looks like a photo of a nebula, but I can't find the photo so it's hard to say. Don't want to make accusations that cannot be proven.

I am assuming you don't use photoshop. The stars are used using one of their preset brushes that comes with photoshop. they are in the shape of the constellation Canis Major.

adult photo hosting

captainincognito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainincognito
briancurtis wrote:I am assuming you don't use photoshop. The stars are used using one of their preset brushes that comes with photoshop. they are in the shape of the constellation Canis Major.

adult photo hosting

Derp. Go me.

Many many apologies to the artist.

Neubi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neubi
captainincognito wrote:Derp. Go me.

Many many apologies to the artist.

Before you apologize, this is the same artist who took a photo off the internet that he probably didn't make, ran it through image trace, and posted it as a derby entry. he didn't do a good job of covering his plagiarism. A little skepticism about his entries is called for.

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/78503/jump-to-lightspeed

sonofafish

Re: Hey There, Tiger

Great sequel to your Tiger Sharks design!

EchoSeven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EchoSeven
Re: Muffin Top

I got it right away. And 1997 - nice touch.

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArabesqueArtsByDarcy
omarfeliciano wrote:Thanks guys! I really wasn't expecting much for this reworked design, but I'm happy that you like it enough to have this many votes.

@sonofafish Thanks man, I really appreciate that thought!!!

@Arabesque It is a reworked design I made back in 2012 Here is the link

Thanks for the link, it's helpful.

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

sonofafish wrote:You give so much feedback, it's only fair that someone reciprocate:

I really like this design, but right off the bat, I think you robbed yourself of some votes by using a thumbnail that doesn't tell the story.

I don't think asymmetry is problematic. the solidness of the color is more of an issue for me. It's a bit of a missed opportunity where you could have loaded the "positive space", and in this case I think even general foliage would fit the bill and give viewers a little more to be drawn in by / fall in love with.

I think maybe more saturated colors too, although that is more a matter of taste; I just think I'd like it a little more if the colors popped a bit more.

I really like the use of alternative media (cutouts), but you gotta know you're taking a chance when you do that. Anyway, lovely work overall, keep thinking outside the box!

Thanks for the feedback and compliments.
You bring up an interesting point: what to put in the thumbnail?
Sometimes I haven't clicked on a thumbnail because I felt it told the whole story and I wasn't interested.
I felt that the Buddha head didn't look right for the thumbnail, with no facial features.
I hoped the contrast between the bird in the thumbnail and the title would pique curiosity.
But I agree, I should have gone with something that "told the story."
This item has so few votes, I'm wondering if I should just resubmit with a Buddha head thumbnail and lose the votes that it already has.

sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Dragonfly at Dawn

Aww, shucks - out of the fog. Was fun while it lasted.

sonofafish

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy wrote:Thanks for the feedback and compliments.
You bring up an interesting point: what to put in the thumbnail?
Sometimes I haven't clicked on a thumbnail because I felt it told the whole story and I wasn't interested.
I felt that the Buddha head didn't look right for the thumbnail, with no facial features.
I hoped the contrast between the bird in the thumbnail and the title would pique curiosity.
But I agree, I should have gone with something that "told the story."
This item has so few votes, I'm wondering if I should just resubmit with a Buddha head thumbnail and lose the votes that it already has.

I hate to tell you, but the best thing for you to do is just chalk this derby up to a loss and focus on collecting your energy for the thursday night hustle coming up later this week.

Generally speaking, I find that for those of us without a big fanbase, posting after Monday is almost completely pointless.

Don't feel too bad about low vote counts, we've all had them. Just come back stronger next time!

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
Re: Fury of the Night

While I love the movie and character, and I generally like this design, I have to wonder how this can be considered for printing. This is no less of an obviously copyrighted character than Batman and Mario and all those designs have to be tweaked to be more strictly allusions or parodies to be printed.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Silver moon

Awesome tonal work with the leaves and water. Uses negative space to great effect +1

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: River Spirit

Stands out for all the right reasons. GMV

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: Major Tom is finally home

Diggin the Cubism! Awesome work !!! +1

sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo
ChuckleNorris wrote:I can't believe this isn't in the fog. Voters gotta get their act together.

Agreed - awesome artwork. Hope it works it's way back up!

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

sonofafish wrote:I hate to tell you, but the best thing for you to do is just chalk this derby up to a loss and focus on collecting your energy for the thursday night hustle coming up later this week.

Generally speaking, I find that for those of us without a big fanbase, posting after Monday is almost completely pointless.

Don't feel too bad about low vote counts, we've all had them. Just come back stronger next time!

Thanks for the advice. Very good.
But I couldn't stay away. Did a resub anyway!

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

Re: Leafy Buddha resub

Many thanks to thatquietgir1 and sonofafish for helpful critiques. No chance of votes at this point, but I couldn't stay away!

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

turningpoints wrote:Feel like I may be a bit late to the party but here goes nothing.

Clever shadows!

pcnwgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcnwgirl

I got the connection immediately, this is one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. Great design!! I need this shirt!!

sonofafish

bennettholzworth wrote:This is my first Derby entry. I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything. I added a description, but I don't see that anywhere. Is that just for Woot to see?

Hey, welcome to the derby! Yeah, only they see the comment, but I suspect they crib from it for the write up if you put something really funny in there.

sonofafish

Re: Leafy Buddha resub

I definitely prefer this to version 1. Nice work! +1

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
sonofafish wrote:Oh well, hand me the popcorn and let's see if this prints on both sites!

Apparently, rules are unenforced these days.

move along

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

thx. fingers crossed for a HM side sale. that way we can wear this shirt on the J Peterman Reality Bus Tour. (or maybe that'll be my next shirt design)

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: A Dark Knight

Very cool!

bennettholzworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bennettholzworth

Thanks! My best line from the description. . . "Behold the love child of Hiccup and Khaleesi."

sonofafish wrote:Hey, welcome to the derby! Yeah, only they see the comment, but I suspect they crib from it for the write up if you put something really funny in there.

sonofafish

Re: Envy

My kid yelled "it's big bird!" while I was looking at this. Awesome job, +1!