WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shirt Art...Art Shirt?

What is wall art if not a shirt for your wall? A firm, canvas shirt that doesn't fit over the wall's whole body and it's like, ever heard of a little thing called "modesty," wall? Anyway, that's why we're selling our shirt art as wall art. Check it out! 

bagawe


quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

I haven't seen deals like this since nine o' clock this morning.

labyrinthia


quality posts: 15 Private Messages labyrinthia

I've always thought that many of the shirts would work well as wall art. My budget is more at the poster level than the canvas level, though :p .

caramelarrow


quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

WOW!!! This is awesome. Great choices. Two suggestions:

1) Offer these for longer than a week because A) it's something very new and the word needs to get around and B) they're more expensive than shirts and may require an extra paycheck of budgeting, and C) it might take a bit longer for people to figure out what to hang where (easier to figure out where to wear a shirt)

2) Have link to this sale on home.woot because that's where artwork is usually found and not all wooters check out shirt.woot.

07/11/14

MathUhhhSaurus


quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I am soooo getting "Le Chat Dans La Boite!"

I don't care if it doesn't go with my living room. It's going in my living room.
Just have to wait for $$$

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

I always try to collect different medias from my own printed designs, and when I saw Night of the Ulrich as a canvas, I almost peed on my pants. Unfortunately, it says it cannot be shipped to Puerto Rico. Someone should tell Woot that we use the same US Postal Service as the rest of the US :/ I know its probably because they'll ship it ground, but, there should be an option for us poor US citizens that live outside the Main Land!

Anyways, I'm so happy to see it up there. If someone buys one, PLEASE send me a picture of it. I'll love that. Maybe I can hang that picture on my wall

JRRB


quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
caramelarrow wrote:WOW!!! This is awesome. Great choices. Two suggestions:

1) Offer these for longer than a week because A) it's something very new and the word needs to get around and B) they're more expensive than shirts and may require an extra paycheck of budgeting, and C) it might take a bit longer for people to figure out what to hang where (easier to figure out where to wear a shirt)

2) Have link to this sale on home.woot because that's where artwork is usually found and not all wooters check out shirt.woot.



Great ideas!

This month I have four birthday gifts and a new phone (Amazon Fire Phone) to purchase, so hopefully these will be back later. I want Reading Rocket Ship for my son's room (he currently has the poster), Le Chat Dans La Boite for the living room, and The Time is Meow for somewhere (bedroom? office?), just because it's awesome.

BTW, I like the illusion in the main photo.

joelterrific


quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

We'll look into extending the sale. Good feedback.

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Some of the picks for this are great! Sadly, I can't justify paying that much for woot art to my fiancee v.v Though I admit if there's going to be an extension I'm definitely going to try to save up for that Ulrich one. If there was a cheaper option as well, I'd be all over a couple of these. Not all of us require wrapped canvas to celebrate our favorite works though.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
omarfeliciano wrote:I always try to collect different medias from my own printed designs, and when I saw Night of the Ulrich as a canvas, I almost peed on my pants. Unfortunately, it says it cannot be shipped to Puerto Rico. Someone should tell Woot that we use the same US Postal Service as the rest of the US :/ I know its probably because they'll ship it ground, but, there should be an option for us poor US citizens that live outside the Main Land!

Anyways, I'm so happy to see it up there. If someone buys one, PLEASE send me a picture of it. I'll love that. Maybe I can hang that picture on my wall



Wait, you're the creator of the Ulrich one? Maybe we can work something out so you can get your canvas


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

tippypaws


quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws

Since this is print to order, I'd really love for this to open up to many more designs! There are a few listed on here I'm thinking about but if the choices included the majority of the "All designs" section I would be a definite 3 at least.
Also, the sale would need to run longer than a week though because I can't really afford to buy as many as I want all at once!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
caramelarrow wrote:WOW!!! This is awesome. Great choices. Two suggestions:

1) Offer these for longer than a week because A) it's something very new and the word needs to get around and B) they're more expensive than shirts and may require an extra paycheck of budgeting, and C) it might take a bit longer for people to figure out what to hang where (easier to figure out where to wear a shirt)

2) Have link to this sale on home.woot because that's where artwork is usually found and not all wooters check out shirt.woot.



This is a quality post!

plyon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plyon
Nitetigrezz wrote: Sadly, I can't justify paying that much for woot art to my fiancee v.v



The lady friend and I are in the same boat. HOWEVAH, we came up with a solution to this a while back...

The your existing Woot Shirts, and then cut the design out and stretch it over a canvas, staple and hang. TA DAH!

I mean, it's obviously not a big glorious canvas like these, but it's a very inexpensive way to hang your favorite Woot designs on your wall.

We currently have about 16 different sizes on the wall and add more all the time!

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Nitetigrezz wrote:Wait, you're the creator of the Ulrich one? Maybe we can work something out so you can get your canvas



Thanks man, I talked to a friend of mine in New York and he'll help me. Thanks for offering

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
plyon wrote:The lady friend and I are in the same boat. HOWEVAH, we came up with a solution to this a while back...

The your existing Woot Shirts, and then cut the design out and stretch it over a canvas, staple and hang. TA DAH!

I mean, it's obviously not a big glorious canvas like these, but it's a very inexpensive way to hang your favorite Woot designs on your wall.

We currently have about 16 different sizes on the wall and add more all the time!



o.o Don't tempt me....

omarfeliciano wrote:Thanks man, I talked to a friend of mine in New York and he'll help me. Thanks for offering



That's awesome! I'm glad you're going to be able to get your art on canvas! And my pleasure It's definitely a hang-worthy piece.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

bagawe


quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

Are you printing and shipping the orders from last month's sale immediately, or are you going to make us wait for this sale to end too?

mglamb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mglamb

The picture for this event on shirt.woot shows what appears to be a man in the throws of ecstasy supporting himself somewhat oddly against a painting.

Suggestive marketing I guess? The bald dude really pulls it off.

ArtWall4521


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArtWall4521
bagawe wrote:Are you printing and shipping the orders from last month's sale immediately, or are you going to make us wait for this sale to end too?



Printing and shipping immediately! Actually, we're ahead of schedule, so no need to wait.

Hempseed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hempseed

This design would look great on canvas.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/buffalo-sunset?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_0

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

I like this. Would be great if there was a better selection of designs, there's been so much great art submitted here over the years. I can't see putting many of these up on a wall, but of course there's no accounting for taste.

Tiggs75


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tiggs75

GREAT idea, but why wasn't "A Distinct Possibility" included in this group??? http://shirt.woot.com/offers/a-distinct-possibility?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_0

willeet


quality posts: 2 Private Messages willeet
plyon wrote:The lady friend and I are in the same boat. HOWEVAH, we came up with a solution to this a while back...

The your existing Woot Shirts, and then cut the design out and stretch it over a canvas, staple and hang. TA DAH!

I mean, it's obviously not a big glorious canvas like these, but it's a very inexpensive way to hang your favorite Woot designs on your wall.

We currently have about 16 different sizes on the wall and add more all the time!



Thats an awesome idea! I'm hoping to make a T-shirt quilt with a lot of the designs that I've collected but don't have room for/bought because I love the art/got in random packs.

I do so love this idea of the canvas prints and hope to see other designs offered! My future nerd cave walls await!

swordless


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swordless

Anyone else surprised that 'The Binge' isn't n offer?

Very tempted by the big 'It came out of nowhere print... :/

vegetapal2002


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vegetapal2002

I have to chime in with everyone else. This is a great idea and I hope for this to open up to many more if not all shirtwoot designs since they are available through the alldesigns section. There are plenty of designs out there I would be happy to throw my money at for this price.

aerrol


quality posts: 2 Private Messages aerrol

pssst.... "Astral Ark" like this... cause it would just be amazing!!!

TimberSmith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimberSmith

Like most, I love this idea and see 4 or 5 that I would definitely acquire. However, my mortgage just hit so can't justify buying anything until next week. Needless to say I would appreciate it if these stick around long enough...

the7654


quality posts: 0 Private Messages the7654
labyrinthia wrote:I've always thought that many of the shirts would work well as wall art. My budget is more at the poster level than the canvas level, though :p .


I feel you but I want to do it anyway but then I remember how much of a pain it would be to bring these across the pond.

plyon wrote:The lady friend and I are in the same boat. HOWEVAH, we came up with a solution to this a while back...

The your existing Woot Shirts, and then cut the design out and stretch it over a canvas, staple and hang. TA DAH!

I mean, it's obviously not a big glorious canvas like these, but it's a very inexpensive way to hang your favorite Woot designs on your wall.

We currently have about 16 different sizes on the wall and add more all the time!



Do you have pics of the end results? I like this as an alternative to T-shirt pillows.

SCOTTSCi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SCOTTSCi

I would love to see you guys offer a gallery wrapped "Chimpanzee Robusto" ....hint hint???

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/chimpanzee-robusto

SCOTTSCi

dlgirt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlgirt

request:

"You Can't Take the Sky From Me"

mxjx


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mxjx
plyon wrote:The lady friend and I are in the same boat. HOWEVAH, we came up with a solution to this a while back...

The your existing Woot Shirts, and then cut the design out and stretch it over a canvas, staple and hang. TA DAH!

I mean, it's obviously not a big glorious canvas like these, but it's a very inexpensive way to hang your favorite Woot designs on your wall.

We currently have about 16 different sizes on the wall and add more all the time!


Quality post IMO, especially if there's a follow-up w/the pics as the following requests.

the7654 wrote:Do you have pics of the end results? I like this as an alternative to T-shirt pillows.



xyon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xyon

I've also framed several woot t-shirts using this great tutorial from Misskari: http://shirt.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4323874

I'll try to post some photos of my results when I get home tonight.

PocketBrain


quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Shirt Art... Shart?

ajgame91


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajgame91

I kind of wish the shirt designs were offered as posters, aswell. The canvases look fantastic, but are far too expensive for somebody with my budget.

rubysoho


quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubysoho

I seriously would not bother with these. I bought one of the Banksy "canvases" from woot a few weeks ago and was so excited. It was pricy, but I just bought my first house and it was my first art splurge. What a mistake. Remember the oily "canvas" tablecloths of your youth? That's what this is printed on. It feels cheap and plastic. Not like canvas at all. I was so incredibly disappointed. Now I have what appears to be a low quality, $80 poster. Seriously. Don't bother. You'll be disappointed.

ArtWall4521


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArtWall4521
rubysoho wrote:I seriously would not bother with these. I bought one of the Banksy "canvases" from woot a few weeks ago and was so excited. It was pricy, but I just bought my first house and it was my first art splurge. What a mistake. Remember the oily "canvas" tablecloths of your youth? That's what this is printed on. It feels cheap and plastic. Not like canvas at all. I was so incredibly disappointed. Now I have what appears to be a low quality, $80 poster. Seriously. Don't bother. You'll be disappointed.



Just a quick note: that deal was from a different manufacturer. We use genuine, cotton-based, artist-grade canvas.

ArtWall4521


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArtWall4521
ArtWall4521 wrote:Just a quick note: that deal was from a different manufacturer. We use genuine, cotton-based, artist-grade canvas.



Just another little addition to my previous comment: we've actually sent samples of these canvases to Woot and Seattle, and by all accounts, they were quite impressed.

We employ rigorous color-correction and reject any defective product (even it means shedding a little dough).

Here's Dave (who's the man),displaying the fruits of his labor:

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ArtWall4521 wrote:Just another little addition to my previous comment: we've actually sent samples of these canvases to Woot and Seattle, and by all accounts, they were quite impressed.

We employ rigorous color-correction and reject any defective product (even it means shedding a little dough).

Here's Dave (who's the man),displaying the fruits of his labor:



yes, the samples came out beautifully. i'm seriously considering The Time is Meow because the sample is just sublime.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

shadowschaos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowschaos

These are stunning but way out of my budget right now. Could afford some posters however.

Yup.

vayaconueso


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vayaconueso

If you would do the "States of Matter" on a canvas print I would buy multiples for my wife's small E&P company. Favorite shirt ever.

xyon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xyon

Some of the shirts I've "framed" using canvas stretchers: