taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
caramelarrow wrote:You'd get my vote! (But you may want to re-consider the word a$$..,, the rejectionator might get you.)

My guess is it will be ok.

Nothing follows.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I done drawed some slogan tees.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

taternuggets wrote:My guess is it will be ok.

My greatest contribution.
We won't run the word ASS as a daily though, believe me, I wanted a whole ASS day. ASS in every color. ASS on hats, journals, tanks, everything.

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArabesqueArtsByDarcy
amanoxford wrote:My other idea is this one, needs some cleaning etc still but...good?

Is this going to be on white? I got the idea that white T-shirts are a problem for some people, and other people think there are too many black shirts.
If you want a different background, this might work on yellow if you change the yellow stroke (?) to white.
I know we can't please everyone at once. The white background works fine and the design is clever.

ArabesqueArtsByDarcy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArabesqueArtsByDarcy
EwingKlipspringer wrote:The poem is definitely in the public domain.

I don't think you need to include the dates the author lived or the title of the poem (and I have never seen that title before, by the way. Dickinson didn't give her poems titles, so usually just the first line is given as the title).

And, by the way, you misspelled her last name.

Other than that, I think the art works.

I hate to misspell people's names.
Thanks for the help.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Spiritgreen wrote:I done drawed some slogan tees.

solid work SG! like 'em both

usaf089

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usaf089

I have a grand idea I want to start on... if youre as much as 10th entering a derby I feel like you have no chance. But just redone my pc and having issues with photoshop =/

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

Whipped up this little ditty. Note: the final version has had a tiny bit of re-balancing done to it.

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain

Vote for this or not...whatevs.

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
ArabesqueArtsByDarcy wrote:Is this going to be on white? I got the idea that white T-shirts are a problem for some people, and other people think there are too many black shirts.
If you want a different background, this might work on yellow if you change the yellow stroke (?) to white.
I know we can't please everyone at once. The white background works fine and the design is clever.

No, wasn't planning on a white Tee, it was just what I happened to have as my background having been looking for artefacts or whatevs. Was thinking maybe a lighter blue or silver, but really not decided yet - best get my butt in gear!

Spiritgreen

skirochester wrote:solid work SG! like 'em both

Thanks ski! Good to be back drawing even if they get lost in the melee.

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks ski! Good to be back drawing even if they get lost in the melee.

Don't think they'll get lost, nice work, particularly like the Pyramid

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain

I've got a second (late) entry into the derby. Thanks for your support!

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

lunchboxbrain wrote:I've got a second (late) entry into the derby. Thanks for your support!

Not gonna lie, if this prints, I'm totes in for one!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury

Glad to hear about the next several derbies!

I've even got one layout already whomped up for the gold metallic ink. Then I've got another idea I like ...for silver metallic. I look forward to watching both designs cannibalize votes for each other in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll be inspired by something using the glow ink as well :>

leslieh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leslieh01

I don't get it. My designs are awesome. I don't know or understand why they're not getting votes!

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
leslieh01 wrote:I don't get it. My designs are awesome. I don't know or understand why they're not getting votes!

Hey leslie - with regard to Tardishoes, you received multiple comments explaining why people may not vote for or wear that design.

The Italian Food Art is a cool concept, but, personally, I don't find it super attractive to wear.

Sonic Screwdriver looks pretty good but it might just not be "enough". It's very plain; there's not enough to it. Same thing with the wibbly wobbly version.

At the end of the day it has to be something people really want to wear - and that's not an easy task.

Keep at it though, it takes time to hone your style and find your niche. I've been at it for over a year here at woot and I'm first starting to see some fruits of my labor, keeping in mind I actually do this kind of stuff for a living!

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
leslieh01 wrote:I don't get it. My designs are awesome. I don't know or understand why they're not getting votes!

Ok, you need to ditch this notion right now! It's only going to torture you!

Like I told you before, study the stuff that is getting more votes. Get to know these voters. don't get too discouraged either, just keep doing your best! Maybe you're not getting the votes or comments you want but trust me, people are noticing! Keep swinging for the fences!

leslieh01

marceepauff wrote:Hey leslie - with regard to Tardishoes, you received multiple comments explaining why people may not vote for or wear that design.

The Italian Food Art is a cool concept, but, personally, I don't find it super attractive to wear.

Sonic Screwdriver looks pretty good but it might just not be "enough". It's very plain; there's not enough to it. Same thing with the wibbly wobbly version.

At the end of the day it has to be something people really want to wear - and that's not an easy task.

Keep at it though, it takes time to hone your style and find your niche. I've been at it for over a year here at woot and I'm first starting to see some fruits of my labor, keeping in mind I actually do this kind of stuff for a living!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I just felt bummed and had to vent.

leslieh01

sonofafish wrote:Ok, you need to ditch this notion right now! It's only going to torture you!

Like I told you before, study the stuff that is getting more votes. Get to know these voters. don't get too discouraged either, just keep doing your best! Maybe you're not getting the votes or comments you want but trust me, people are noticing! Keep swinging for the fences!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I just felt bummed and had to vent. I'll keep swingin. Also, I'm putting stuff up on other websites. I did sell one shirt on TeePublic. So that was cool. It's hard to figure what some audiences like. Haha

doctorw0rm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorw0rm

COOOOL!!!

I shoulda checked back sooner! Is it too late to enter this week? I guess I should just wait until next week.

Spiritgreen

doctorw0rm wrote:COOOOL!!!

I shoulda checked back sooner! Is it too late to enter this week? I guess I should just wait until next week.

Submissions are open until Wednesday at noon, and even though it's very rare, Wednesday submissions have occasionally printed. Even come 1st!

And if you're not dead set on ending in the top 3, it's still worth entering however late because your shirt could get printed on Monday as an honorable mention if the editors like it enough. You don't get prize money but you still make $2 a shirt.

treblesinger72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treblesinger72

still working on this.... any comments, suggestions or anything deeply appreciated! good to be back to the derby img]http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/1/8/24187333/4860846_orig.jpg[/img]

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Just looking through the top votes I feel like there are a lot of recycled ideas. With so many shirt sites out there these days I guess originality is difficult.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.