nyxnox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyxnox

Just checking my clan. Not that the shirts aren't nice.

Beckybeq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Beckybeq
wisenekt wrote:With a limit of 35, you could outfit an entire team and then some. I guess you have to have some extras for fan support?

36 would make more sense for indoor soccer - 6 players per team, 6 teams.

ttech2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttech2006

Knowing is 1/2 the battle

Dilbert77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dilbert77

Yea, sports.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Very cool idea for a daily! Now I need to decide which team I'm on...

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
Azure wrote:Heroes in a Half Shell ring a bell? Turtle Power? Man, it isn't like TMNT is a dead franchise.

But some of us are 50.

Can somebody throw me a Snidely Whiplash bone or something?

ForbzyT

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ForbzyT
blue_94_trooper wrote:But some of us are 50.

Can somebody throw me a Snidely Whiplash bone or something?

Some of us are even older! I, however, have children, so I was immersed in TMNT - bedding, shirts, backpacks, sleeping bags, action figures, movies (VCR, of course), etc.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
deamos wrote:I may be mistaken, but why is the ball on the foot clan shirt a volleyball, or maybe a water polo ball? I looked at the history of all world cup footballs back to 76, never has one looked like a volleyball.

That's an 18 panel ball. Not the most common type but definitely used for soccer balls.

asakasitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asakasitz

Very cool Definitely in for at least two :D

thedehmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedehmer

Browncoat team? Serenitistas?

phogl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phogl

Go Vader-FC!

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

I like

jeffnm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffnm

I can't decide between the Cobratistas and the VFC.

jrdeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrdeal

Gotta got with Darth

g99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages g99

The only appropriate shirt is the Cobra shirt. Clearly screaming "COOOOOBBBRRRAAAAA" is far superior to you measly "GOOOOOAAAAAL" wimps.

starladear13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starladear13

I got matching shirts for my husband and son, awesome!

ritzter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ritzter

Ha. ShirtStorm. I see what you did there.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

love it!

bubbachuck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bubbachuck

Love these shirts. Just the right amount of text and something people can wear. Not 20 different pictures with descriptions. Rant aside, gotta go with Decepticos. I think Skulz looks great too but I just don't know anything about He-man. I do think Vader Football Club could have just used the Empire insignia as it just looks cool.

And kudos for going with the villains! TIE Fighter was always a better game than X-Wing.

Fear denies faith

vanguardd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vanguardd
goldiesmarv wrote:Masters of the Universe wasn't even a twinkle in Mattell's eye in 1976.

I was thinking the same thing. I am not sure why they chose 1976 for Skeletor

chrisrolves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisrolves

Too bad they don't have a Cylon football club shirt in this group.

c911darkwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c911darkwolf

The Dalek one is awesome....

Jacko7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jacko7

All good.......

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Okay, I'm not a futbol fan, but these shirts are pretty epic! I might say screw it and splurge on the Daleks and Decepticons for my fiancee :3

Also, have a new thread to lurk around it seems! Let's see what clan I come up as....

Edit: Wooo, go V'owls! Just don't invite Y. He's a bit of a flake.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

josephirimescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josephirimescu

I am a little disappointed they put Dalek's in there instead of Voldermort. #(Show some manners!) Doctor Who....seriously, who?

Nitetigrezz

vanguardd wrote:I was thinking the same thing. I am not sure why they chose 1976 for Skeletor

I think it was because someone only peeked at the wiki article: In 1976, Mattel's CEO Ray Wagner declined the deal to produce a toyline of action figures based on the characters from the George Lucas film Star Wars, due to the $750,000 license required upfront.[3][4]

It goes on to explain that the three prototypes for the very first toys were presented in 1980. Really wish Woot could fix that date >.<

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

jeditaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeditaz
goldiesmarv wrote:Masters of the Universe wasn't even a twinkle in Mattell's eye in 1976.

True. MOTU was started (officially) in 1982 after Mattel realized the missed opportunity of producing Star Wars action figures.

Nitetigrezz

jeditaz wrote:True. MOTU was started (officially) in 1982 after Mattel realized the missed opportunity of producing Star Wars action figures.

From what I quoted above, it wasn't so much a missed opportunity as an unwillingness to pay the licensing fee. Then there was the whole dispute over whether or not they were ripping off of Conan. Mattell (obviously) won that dispute and continued on with the toyline, cartoon, and comics.

shannong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannong

I'll try not to post this, but I don't know any other way to find out my clan. I'll try preview first...

Bluesultan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bluesultan
ThunderThighs wrote:For those wondering what's going on with our forums.... Click on the pic in my signature and all will be revealed.

Revealed.

rayli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayli

no bright yellow shirts?

blaineiwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blaineiwood

Footclan Football club is genius. It's too bad they put a fat sultan on the top of the badge.

zwandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zwandy
deamos wrote:I may be mistaken, but why is the ball on the foot clan shirt a volleyball, or maybe a water polo ball? I looked at the history of all world cup footballs back to 76, never has one looked like a volleyball.

Google image search 'vintage soccer ball'

hudsm9589

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hudsm9589

I would love to see the Hero shirts!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
ThunderThighs wrote:For those wondering what's going on with our forums.... Click on the pic in my signature and all will be revealed.

Glad you are on my team, I would hate to have to compete against TT!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
jeffnm wrote:I can't decide between the Cobratistas and the VFC.

Buy both and throw in another one for good measure. AB3!!!

ramdangeriii

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ramdangeriii

Dun Dun Dun

cgbreske

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgbreske

These are awesome! I would buy one of each if I could afford it and if the foot clan shirt was a different color (I don't care for maroon).

roselark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roselark

Hmmm...Dalek or Darth...hard decision on this one.

jonyoung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonyoung
roselark wrote:Hmmm...Dalek or Darth...hard decision on this one.

I know, right?
Although I think I prefer the Dalek grey for a shirt...