WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Big dogs or small dogs?
  • 55.5% - Big dogs 472
  • 22.7% - Small dogs 193
  • 21.9% - No dogs 186
851 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

theco2

quality posts: 63 Private Messages theco2

The bigger the dog, the better.

On the other hand, I am happy with my Blue Heeler, but I wouldn't ever want anything smaller.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

What if your big dog is considered small? 100# is on the light side for an English Mastiff.

On the flip side, at least she's light enough to carry when she doesn't want to walk.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

How could you say no to this face? Big dogs FTW!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

calanthium

quality posts: 15 Private Messages calanthium

Love me, love my Bouvier

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Medium dogs. I discovered this through my mom's love of big dogs, and my sister's love of small dogs. XD

Or alternately, small dogs that are like big dogs, such as bulldogs.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

I cast another vote for medium dogs: 35-50 pounds.

Border Collies. Two.

If they don't get 4-5 miles of walks per day, they cause havoc around the house and change all my passwords.

emccoyii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages emccoyii

I used to be a big dog person until we found our rat terrier (9 pounds) on the side of the road abandoned. He's quiet, gentle, and not all nippy like those awful chihuahuas. He's just the right size to carry around, and he's a great mouse hunter.

EDIT: Plus, he doesn't cost a fortune to feed and we can take him on trips with the whole family since he doesn't need his own seat in the car...

sweetkimy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetkimy
manhandsha wrote:
How could you say no to this face? Big dogs FTW!

Beautiful!!!

sweetkimy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetkimy
EwingKlipspringer wrote:I cast another vote for medium dogs: 35-50 pounds.

Border Collies. Two.

If they don't get 4-5 miles of walks per day, they cause havoc around the house and change all my passwords.

Damn, that's what I'm doing wrong. I rescued a border collie and haven't left the house yet without something being destroyed.

Only 4-5 miles, huh? Yeah, no problem...

azcanadienne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azcanadienne

How about a big pic of a small...part Yoda, part Mogwai, part alien muppet...

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Big dogs.

Nothing follows.

misha227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misha227

Cardigan Welsh Corgis. They have big dog personalities but they're compact like small dogs. Perfect balance. I cannot abide yippy dogs, and corgis have a big dog bark.

FoxSonic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FoxSonic

I had to vote no dogs. Allergies, can't do cats either. only pets I can do are the rodents and any non-fur bearing animals. Altho' if foxes became legal and domesticated I'd suffer hell and a half in allergies to have a pet fox!

Aren't they all adorable!?

-Thae-

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
FoxSonic wrote:I had to vote no dogs. Allergies, can't do cats either. only pets I can do are the rodents and any non-fur bearing animals. Altho' if foxes became legal and domesticated I'd suffer hell and a half in allergies to have a pet fox!

Foxes have been domesticated.

BobInFla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobInFla

Just a couple of Great Danes.

Think about it.
TWO Marmadukes. ;)

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I always considered my boys 'medium', being in the 60-80# range, but I prefer big dogs. Have never liked little dogs, although a big part of that is not the dog, but the owner--people let little dogs be rude buggers. With a big dog, you MUST train it or you have a beast.

That said, most big dogs I've met are politer than many children.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

SGRman05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SGRman05

Medium-to-big dogs are the best.
Never really cared for little dogs. You want to be able to cuddle with your dog and not be afraid to squash him/her.
Little dogs seem to have terrible personalities and I agree with the other commenter that the owners tend to just let them be mean and bark all the time -- which is super annoying.

Our dog is actually a mix of a beagle and a black lab. He looks just like a miniature black lab at about 40lbs. He has the cuteness of the beagle, with the loyalty and compassion of a lab. He doesn't bark/howl and just has an awesome personality.

Here's a picture of him right after his bath.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Puppyyyy!!

glynis37

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glynis37

All dogs!

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

Compact.
My guys are Miniature (not toy) American Eskimo Dogs. A little less than 30lbs. apiece. Just right.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender

Simply put, ALL THE DOGS! wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! <=-P

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender
FoxSonic wrote:I had to vote no dogs. Allergies, can't do cats either. only pets I can do are the rodents and any non-fur bearing animals. Altho' if foxes became legal and domesticated I'd suffer hell and a half in allergies to have a pet fox!

Aren't they all adorable!?

I love them & they can be quite tame. I've seen a few people with pet foxes in the house, they're wonderful creatures!!

nutterbutteral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutterbutteral

What about a button for both, having small dogs for cuddles and big dogs for outdoor play and security for the home.

lavozdealma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavozdealma

I LOVE ALL OF THE DOGS!!!
So fuzzy!

rtwesterlund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtwesterlund

BIG DOGS! I got a chance to indulge in my love for dogs this past weekend with my aunt's lab Winston. He's a big, happy puppy at eight years old.

I'd love to have a medium-to-big dog, but my apartment only allows cats. So my cat is unfortunately (for him) regularly smothered with love.

greenlantern57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenlantern57
theco2 wrote:The bigger the dog, the better.

On the other hand, I am happy with my Blue Heeler, but I wouldn't ever want anything smaller.

I agree, so where was the medium dog choice????

Listening to the voices is calming. Except for Fernado, he pushes my buttons.