WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Dr Comics #1

Speed to First Woot:
1m 53.770s
First Sucker:
ia177god
Last Wooter to Woot:
lukewarmpenguin
Last Purchase:
a day ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 39% of Shirt Woots
Top 25% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
2273

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 84% second woot
  • 16% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 9% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 9% one year old
  • 81% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 84% bought 1
  • 12% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3 or more

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
4%
3%
1%
1%
2%
4%
7%
9%
8%
7%
5%
4%
5%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
5%
4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

1%
1%
2%
87%
5%
2%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


dacrete


quality posts: 105 Private Messages dacrete

Dr. Who peeps will be happy tonight.

lonelypond


quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

It's a timeless super action mashup...or something like that.

Vote:

theco2


quality posts: 56 Private Messages theco2

Doctor What?

lordbowen


quality posts: 228 Private Messages lordbowen

I'd give one of my hearts for this shirt!

WendellWit


quality posts: 7 Private Messages WendellWit

Great if you're a Tenth Doctor Partisan, less so if you're into Fez & Bowtie Doc or Leather Jacket Doc or Ridiculously Long Scarf Doc or even White Suit & Celery Doc (I won't judge). Or whatever the New Old Guy is wearing...

imsochady


quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady

Is this from the pop culture mash up derby? +1! lol

garystargazer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages garystargazer

It's amusing because I'm wearing my Blitz Comics shirt right now.
Not big on Dr who, but might pick this up for my cousin's wife, she is a who junkie.

nmpls


quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls

Woot, thanks for reminding me, someone who has bought probably 200+ shirts hasn't bought once since February 2014 (Sausage King).
Please beat me over the head with the pop-culture reference de jour. You used to be subtle and funny.

Also, you got rid of AA blanks.

cappo


quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
lonelypond wrote:It's a timeless super action mashup...or something like that.



I wouldn't call it a mashup, I'd call it a parody... of Action Comics #1 that introduced Superman.



The Doctor Comics is marked 1963 but sadly it's clearly not the Doctor from 1963 or I would have bought it.


DavidHart


quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart

Wait... Woot lifted it's moratorium on white shirts???

Unfortunately, the design has nothing to do with summer, beach, or margaritas. My hopes have been dashed again...

Personally, I find this design derivative, boring, and a bit childish as I'm not into comics and there have been too many Dr. Who shirts.

But that's just me...

whiba


quality posts: 3 Private Messages whiba

Did I make a wrong turn on the interwebs and end up on teefury?

schaeferr


quality posts: 6 Private Messages schaeferr
cappo wrote:

The Doctor Comics is marked 1963 but sadly it's clearly not the Doctor from 1963 or I would have bought it.



You do understand that the Doctor travels through time, right? So every doctor is "the Doctor from 1963."

cappo


quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
schaeferr wrote:You do understand that the Doctor travels through time, right? So every doctor is "the Doctor from 1963."



Real world 1963. AKA the First Doctor.

Nice try, though. lol


johntracker


quality posts: 3 Private Messages johntracker

I was going to buy this, but after I added it to the cart I realized it only has 2 of the Doctor’s adversaries on it.

I liked it but really needs at least one more.

cappo


quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
johntracker wrote:I was going to buy this, but after I added it to the cart I realized it only has 2 of the Doctor’s adversaries on it.

I liked it but really needs at least one more.



Isn't it 3? (I haven't gotten past Season 13 yet so I don't know what the 3rd thing is.)

Edit: Looking at the original cover, I guess that's a bystander.


johntracker


quality posts: 3 Private Messages johntracker
cappo wrote:Isn't it 3? (I haven't gotten past Season 13 yet so I don't know what the 3rd thing is.)

Edit: Looking at the original cover, I guess that's a bystander.



Apologies, this may explain...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/40WD7vqVPfRPcbZF029sZhB/the-silence



lordbowen


quality posts: 228 Private Messages lordbowen

I see what you did there, johntracker. Well done.

danncer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danncer
cappo wrote:I wouldn't call it a mashup, I'd call it a parody... of Action Comics #1 that introduced Superman.



The Doctor Comics is marked 1963 but sadly it's clearly not the Doctor from 1963 or I would have bought it.



My thoughts exactly. It should have been the First Doctor with the villains of that era.

woot! purchases since 10/2006: a whole lotta wine, a few t-shirts, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, and not one single Box Of Crackers.

robio


quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

I get the sense that the First Doctor would have been a better choice, given the "1963." But let's face it: Hartnell would have a hard time lifting his cane over his head, let alone the TARDIS.

(And from a practical standpoint, Tennant will likely sell the most T-Shirts.)

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Gosh, perfect execution. WTG Vincent.

Tennant has really cemented himself as THE modern doctor, at least going by the most popular Who designs. It'll be interesting to see how Capaldi shakes things up. (soon!)

cappo


quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
johntracker wrote:Apologies, this may explain...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/40WD7vqVPfRPcbZF029sZhB/the-silence



Ok, so Dalek, Cyberman and that thing... that's 3.


rocky2980


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocky2980
johntracker wrote:I was going to buy this, but after I added it to the cart I realized it only has 2 of the Doctor’s adversaries on it.

I liked it but really needs at least one more.



Yea and I have all these werid tally marks on myself now.

kevlar51


quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats on the print Vincent!

dave17


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17
nmpls wrote:Woot, thanks for reminding me, someone who has bought probably 200+ shirts hasn't bought once since February 2014 (Sausage King).
Please beat me over the head with the pop-culture reference de jour. You used to be subtle and funny.

Also, you got rid of AA blanks.



Yep.I really makes me sad.From several a month to a couple a year.I'm so sick of Star Wars and Dr.Who I could use a real doctor.What happened?Was it the blanks?The price?
If anyone knows where the "old Woot"type designs went please PM me.I'd be grateful.
OK done whining.Enjoy your shirts.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

Put this up as one of the canvas wall art prints and watch 'em fly off the shelves!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

special72


quality posts: 1 Private Messages special72
cappo wrote:Ok, so Dalek, Cyberman and that thing... that's 3.



What thing? I've turned away from the design page and don't understand what you mean.

6amcrisis


quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis
Spiritgreen wrote:Gosh, perfect execution. WTG Vincent.

Tennant has really cemented himself as THE modern doctor, at least going by the most popular Who designs. It'll be interesting to see how Capaldi shakes things up. (soon!)



Thanks Spiritgreen

I have high hopes for Capaldi. I'd love to see him channel Malcolm Tucker and insult a Dalek!

6amcrisis


quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis
kevlar51 wrote:Congrats on the print Vincent!



Thanks Kevin

6amcrisis


quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis

Huge thanks to shirt.woot for sacrificing their frontpage to my tee today

Vincent

Geethatsgr8


quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8

I don't understand all the whining about Dr. Who shirts. If it were the doctor holding a "cute little kitteh" there would be no complaints. I have 4 cats, so it's not that I don't like them, or think they're not cute, but cat tees are the ones I dread to see.

ronsonpage


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronsonpage

Sweet Doctor Who-Action Comics mashup. I'll take one. Well done, Vincent!

jaquadro


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jaquadro
Geethatsgr8 wrote:I don't understand all the whining about Dr. Who shirts. If it were the doctor holding a "cute little kitteh" there would be no complaints. I have 4 cats, so it's not that I don't like them, or think they're not cute, but cat tees are the ones I dread to see.



Can't we dread both?

pskenshi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pskenshi

He travels in time! he went back to 1960's!

cappo wrote:I wouldn't call it a mashup, I'd call it a parody... of Action Comics #1 that introduced Superman.



The Doctor Comics is marked 1963 but sadly it's clearly not the Doctor from 1963 or I would have bought it.



portlyking


quality posts: 0 Private Messages portlyking

White? Ugh. That tote's color is awesome but I don't want a tote...



edit: I love this design so much I'm considering buying it and just dying it. Uuuuugh, woot, why you gotta do me like that? I thought we were buds!


Geethatsgr8


quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
jaquadro wrote:Can't we dread both?



Now THAT'S what I call compromise! :-)

shanesny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages shanesny

FanTAStic!

shanesny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages shanesny
cappo wrote:Ok, so Dalek, Cyberman and that thing... that's 3.



It's the Silence. Introduced during the 11th Doctor's second season. They're a truly unique enemy (as soon as you look away from them you forget you ever saw them) and a worth addition to the Doctor Whoniverse.

jasryel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasryel

I want a print of this very very badly.

lethargicmass


quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
lonelypond wrote:It's a timeless super action mashup...or something like that.



cappo wrote:I wouldn't call it a mashup, I'd call it a parody... of Action Comics #1 that introduced Superman.



First: I wouldn't call it a parody; I'd call it a reference. (Ya know, like every other mash-up design?)

Second: Lonelypond (and, I assume, everyone else) clearly got the reference in the first place.


I love bacon!