51%
7%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lordbowen

quality posts: 288 Private Messages lordbowen

Do I root for the Turtles or for Mario? Decisions, decisions.

Toni2000

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Toni2000

In for two, one for me and one for my Grandson. I voted for it in the derby and was hoping it would go on sale today. And It is my 100th woot!

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

I wonder if Mario's going to throw Michaelangelo at Shredder or Bowser...

Vanstorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Vanstorm

I think this may be my favorite shirt I've ever seen on this site. This design is amazing!

erikradio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erikradio

I have never purchased a shirt faster than I have with this design.

harmonious2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages harmonious2

Broke my shirt.woot boycott for this one....

Vanstorm

Just noticed the entry in the derby shows a background and makes it look even better... what happened to the background??

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/79580/turtle-trouble

htcru

quality posts: 6 Private Messages htcru

Must be my dirty mind, but what is Mario doing to poor Mikey!?! ;p

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady

Should've used the get-away-go-kart!

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Toni2000 wrote:In for two, one for me and one for my Grandson. I voted for it in the derby and was hoping it would go on sale today. And It is my 100th woot!

Congrats! And your grandson is a lucky kiddo.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

Congrats man!

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo

Ok, you got me... yet another shirt purchase.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Vanstorm wrote:Just noticed the entry in the derby shows a background and makes it look even better... what happened to the background??

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/79580/turtle-trouble

I second this, and it's the difference between a purchase and no purchase. The background adds to the design!

adamsilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamsilver
renegadetim wrote:I second this, and it's the difference between a purchase and no purchase. The background adds to the design!

It definitely is better with the background, but it did not prevent me from purchasing.

First shirt.woot buy!

Vanstorm

adamsilver wrote:It definitely is better with the background, but it did not prevent me from purchasing.

First shirt.woot buy!

Agreed .. got one for me and one for my son. But, would definitely be a happy camper if the lack of background is just a little SNAFU and they get it printed with the background.

adamsilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamsilver
Vanstorm wrote:Agreed .. got one for me and one for my son. But, would definitely be a happy camper if the lack of background is just a little SNAFU and they get it printed with the background.

For sure.

As a rookie here, I don't know if this is the case, but it may have been too many colors (different shades) with the background.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
adamsilver wrote:For sure.

As a rookie here, I don't know if this is the case, but it may have been too many colors (different shades) with the background.

If it was something with the colors, the design would/should have been rejected in the derby and would have needed to be resubmitted to the derby for contention. What most likely happened, is, the background got left out of the print ready file the artist sent to woot. Not sure I've seen something this noticeably different from what people voted on and what is being printed (Spelling and word changes have been done before). Still isn't a huge difference, but it's definitely a more basic design without the background.

Also, the design seems really high on the shirt as is.

Bobfrankly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bobfrankly

This shirt needs sweat stains. MY sweat stains.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fleamarketadict

What's up woot? This is not the design people voted for. Where's the rest of the artwork?

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats Wakho, good characters. :^)

rexmcartor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rexmcartor

Best shirt woot has had in ages. I have stopped looking daily though as they have went down hill so much.

Rex McArtor

mrdavid88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdavid88

1, repped

Murphinator2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Murphinator2000

Just to echo what everyone else is saying... where's the background that was in the derby submission? This is a no-buy without that :/

7echniqu3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 7echniqu3
harmonious2 wrote:Broke my shirt.woot boycott for this one....

Why were you boycotting woot shirts?

racoonchewtoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racoonchewtoy

Now I'll have the TMNT and Super Mario Bros Theme songs battling it out in my head all day but I can cross off one gift early from my Christmas list.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Great mashup! congrats on the win!

pete1123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pete1123

I actually think it makes for a cleaner/clearer design without the background… that being said, I will hover over the buy button until the question of the missing background is answered.

(Seriously though, awesome mashup, it made me laugh out loud this morning!)

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank

Congrats on the print Wakho !!!

harmonious2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages harmonious2
7echniqu3 wrote:Why were you boycotting woot shirts?

Because they raised the price from $10 to $12 and at the time claimed it was in order to keep using blank Tees that were made in the US (by American Apparel). I was onboard with that and paid the $12 without complaint but a few short months later they switched to Anvil blanks which are made in Honduras and are of a lesser quality (and have sizing issues) than American Apparel. It felt like a bait and switch, given the original explanation for the higher price.

danigrl52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danigrl52

yep. better with background...

narfcak3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narfcak3

T-minus 10-hour sales prediction: 3000. Sorry, @spiritgreen.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Wakho!

kaciedilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaciedilla

There was no saying no to this one. Had to have.

7echniqu3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 7echniqu3
harmonious2 wrote:Because they raised the price from $10 to $12 and at the time claimed it was in order to keep using blank Tees that were made in the US (by American Apparel). I was onboard with that and paid the $12 without complaint but a few short months later they switched to Anvil blanks which are made in Honduras and are of a lesser quality (and have sizing issues) than American Apparel. It felt like a bait and switch, given the original explanation for the higher price.

Oh wow. Thats annoyingly bad.

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29
renegadetim wrote:I second this, and it's the difference between a purchase and no purchase. The background adds to the design!

I completely agree. Donatello just looks like he's out of shape, instead of looking up at a cloud.

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29
thumperchick wrote:I wonder if Mario's going to throw Michaelangelo at Shredder or Bowser...

Maybe he's after Luigi for giving him & everyone else those death stares.

pete1123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pete1123
harmonious2 wrote:Because they raised the price from $10 to $12 and at the time claimed it was in order to keep using blank Tees that were made in the US (by American Apparel). I was onboard with that and paid the $12 without complaint but a few short months later they switched to Anvil blanks which are made in Honduras and are of a lesser quality (and have sizing issues) than American Apparel. It felt like a bait and switch, given the original explanation for the higher price.

To be fair, calling it "feeling like bait and switch" is pretty extreme. Also, there's a continuous and ongoing thread about the AA vs Anvil, so we could all just go there now instead of seemingly having this discussion on every t-shirt thread. Woot has done several AA vs Anvil designs ($14 if you want AA and $12 if you want Anvil - last I remember it was a week of designs with the option) and, although that makes everyone happy, it seems there must not be enough marketing push to go back to AA. For some of us whose breasts never fit into any size of AA, I'm just fine with Anvil and don't have any of people's reported "troubles."

/Shoot, now I just brought the AA vs Anvil thread into this thread. I hate myself, I really do.

Vanstorm

Murphinator2000 wrote:Just to echo what everyone else is saying... where's the background that was in the derby submission? This is a no-buy without that :/

Was seriously hoping for an answer from woot on this question. Why no update, woot! ?

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit

Grats on the print Henry! Just saw this- (been away from the internet since Friday) Exciting time to print a big seller! ;)