tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Congrats, wakho! Two wins in a row is pretty darn nice.

Also, considering how many shirts they've been selling in the past 4 derbies, I think they may have found a new business model...

10k prize + $10 shirts = $$$$

trishbock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trishbock

Bought two as quickly as I could get logged in! Fabulous design!

Hodakaroadtoad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hodakaroadtoad

Woot seems to know how to pry my paycheck from my fingers.

glessa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glessa

Woot, you are making me a t-shirt girl!

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

This is awesome! Great job, man!

pete1123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pete1123

I'm in a bit of a bind - I'm a huge fan of the Doctor (and actually don't own a Doctor Who tshirt) but seriously! These guys give me nightmares without having to wear them on a shirt! I need to blink!

(Nerd World problems… Congrats though, awesome execution of the angel.))

karstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karstan

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

First insta-buy I had in a very, very long time. Now the only debate is if I need to get a second one so Ngovednik doesn't keep stealing mine XD

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit

Grats Wakho- Impressive showings these past few weeks! The best way to get first, I suppose, is to compete against yourself! ;)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I am not the least bit surprised, great execution. This is possibly the ultimate weeping angel shirt. Congrats!

Nitetigrezz

Spiritgreen wrote:I am not the least bit surprised, great execution. This is possibly the ultimate weeping angel shirt. Congrats!

+1

I've always been a fan of Weeping Angels, but this was the first that left no doubt that I wanted to own it. The execution is phenominal.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

karstan wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

...yes?

skemmis

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

This is not an officially-approved statement. Am I really the first person to post this clip?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Nicely done, Wakho! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be rocking in the corner trying not to blink.

Nitetigrezz

skemmis wrote:
This is not an officially-approved statement. Am I really the first person to post this clip?

Yep, but it's oh so appropriate here XD

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

ZOMG instabuy.

If this was available as a tank top I'd get one of those also (hint hint reprint hint).

urhistory

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urhistory

Great tee, I'll get one ... just need to look down at the keyboard to GAAAaaagh.....

karstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karstan
Nitetigrezz wrote:...yes?

NO.

Nitetigrezz

karstan wrote:NO.

yep

szecsei

quality posts: 10 Private Messages szecsei

blink was the first episode from the re-boot that i watched...and it sucked me into the series again (tom was my first doctor). i bought one for my son (who made me sit down to watch it), one for me, and one as a spare (since woot shirts are pretty thin and wear out easily). i'd be willing to pay a little more for a quality t-shirt...

Nitetigrezz

szecsei wrote:blink was the first episode from the re-boot that i watched...and it sucked me into the series again (tom was my first doctor). i bought one for my son (who made me sit down to watch it), one for me, and one as a spare (since woot shirts are pretty thin and wear out easily). i'd be willing to pay a little more for a quality t-shirt...

Fiancé saw Blink before I did and kept the anticipation high since I was determined to watch them in order. Nightmare fuel for a week, and loved every minute of it XD

I agree, I was kind of hoping the quality shirt would be picked up for this design too. Might buy a second one just to be on the safe side.

pete1123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pete1123
urhistory wrote:Great tee, I'll get one ... just need to look down at the keyboard to GAAAaaagh.....

Great… now I need a new keyboard. Usually this isn't the place I need to be careful about coffee and laughter while reading...

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
Narfcake wrote:... and my T-minus 23 hour prediction is 4050 sales. Congrats!, and way to beat yourself, Wakho!

Revised sales prediction at T-minus 7-hours: 4950.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Hats off to whoever devised the derbies for the 10K cup, and their escalating popularity!

I hope July has proven to be a good experiment and not just a worthy 10 year celebration of wootness.

Nitetigrezz

Spiritgreen wrote:Hats off to whoever devised the derbies for the 10K cup, and their escalating popularity!

I hope July has proven to be a good experiment and not just a worthy 10 year celebration of wootness.

Agreed. The motivation, the chance for artists to really think over what design they want to do allowing for even greater designs, all in all it's been a win-win situation for everyone. I would love to see this inacted more than just every ten years.

lordbowen

quality posts: 289 Private Messages lordbowen

Just ordered three, the max allowed. Best of luck to Wahko, so deserving of the $10K prize.

special72

quality posts: 3 Private Messages special72

I've been procrastinating buying this shirt all day because I couldn't decide if both my son and I needed one, but I just noticed that the smallest kids size is an 8! My 2 year old fits in to a woot size 4 perfectly!

Guess I'll just have to buy it and frame it on the wall in his room until it fits. ::muahaha::

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Narfcake wrote:Revised sales prediction at T-minus 7-hours: 4950.

Are we using Price Is Right rules? Closest without going over? If not, then you win...

A brand new car!
MSRP $10,000.

Otherwise...

laura721

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laura721

I was ECSTATIC when this shirt won!! I haven't bought a derby shirt in a long time and this one was worth waiting for. You do NOT need to be a Dr. Who fan.... just watch this one episode and you will really appreciate this shirt. Everyone that knows this show, loves the shirt.

jaquadro

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaquadro

Congrats on sidestepping any Turtle Trouble $10K controversy by completely blowing its sales stats out of the water.

Narfcake

orabbit wrote:Are we using Price Is Right rules? Closest without going over? ...

Not sure if I was going by any rules at all!

What did the final sales end up at anyways? It's currently 4953, last sales 2 hours ago, meaning the sales since last night have been reported.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Narfcake wrote:Not sure if I was going by any rules at all!

What did the final sales end up at anyways? It's currently 4953, last sales 2 hours ago, meaning the sales since last night have been reported.

Dang. I had the number recorded within about 10 or so units, but I figured, screw it, Narfcake will know.

I think it was about 4850 - 4900. It was definitely more than the former and less than the latter. Wahko's busy the whole weekend so I can't ask him.

lesnickmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesnickmon
Spiritgreen wrote:I am not the least bit surprised, great execution. This is possibly the ultimate weeping angel shirt. Congrats!

How funny...I recently bought both of the shirts in your tagline!

Narfcake

sonofafish wrote:Dang. I had the number recorded within about 10 or so units, but I figured, screw it, Narfcake will know. ...

Hah! Yeah, only if I'm around ... which isn't always these days.

It's additional curiosity on my own part since I haven't updated my spreadsheet with new sales data since last year. No predictions to post for the remaining shirts, BTW; the spreadsheet is on the work computer.

rachhilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachhilla

Were would you end up???
got this for me and my son

6h433

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 6h433

I don't see this one stop selling i'll probably buy a couple more when I wore out the two I bought (or hopefully outgrow them).

jpasquarelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpasquarelli

The last time my wife's nephews spent the night, we showed them Blink.

Now we have an evil plan this Christmas...we're going to buy at least one of the nephews one of these.

We're not going to tell ANYONE that they glow in the dark.

techkyle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages techkyle

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but I suspect this shirt will go quite excellently with the phrase "Hey, who turned out the lights?"

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
sonofafish wrote:Dang. I had the number recorded within about 10 or so units, but I figured, screw it, Narfcake will know.

I think it was about 4850 - 4900. It was definitely more than the former and less than the latter. Wahko's busy the whole weekend so I can't ask him.

I seem to remember 4905, but not sure. I hope the folks with the $10,000 check were paying attention!

punstress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punstress
cinoclav wrote:I didn't get it either. Not a Dr. Who watcher at all. I think most of what I've learned about the show is via shirt.woot. Kind of disappoints me that the potential 10k winner is so specific to a certain fan group.

Totally agree. I am like, whaaa? Can someone explain what the big deal is? And if these images are from some show, are they licensed?