Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
glabifrons wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like Woot has dropped kids-4 sizes (and kids-6)! ...
Woot?! What are you thinking? ...

I'm thinking they have inventory issues again.

glabifrons

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glabifrons
Narfcake wrote:I'm thinking they have inventory issues again.

Only for the August shirts?
The July shirts are available (even now) in those sizes.

bendb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bendb

The barcode looks like codabar, which would be appropriate for the library theme:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codabar

However, I don't see it actually being codabar after a medium-length look.

So is it just artistic random lines? If so, it seems like missed opportunity to do something fun.

Perhaps the artist can clarify?

Narfcake

glabifrons wrote:Only for the August shirts?
The July shirts are available (even now) in those sizes.

... and creme shirts are available from the back catalog, but they won't run any as a daily or even a side sale. They have to conserve what they have.

That's my guess anyways.

bartsimpson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bartsimpson

How does Woot! print a shirt with glow-in-the-dark design, e.g. screen-printed or iron-on?

I have purchased shirts from shirt.woot before. Sometimes a shirt has a screen-printed design and sometimes it has an iron-on design. The latter may become uncomfortable on a hot/humid day.

Narfcake

bartsimpson wrote:How does Woot! print a shirt with glow-in-the-dark design, e.g. screen-printed or iron-on?

I have purchased shirts from shirt.woot before. Sometimes a shirt has a screen-printed design and sometimes it has an iron-on design. The latter may become uncomfortable on a hot/humid day.

All specialty inks are screen printed. Woot doesn't use iron-on/heat transfer. They do use DTG for back catalog and lower quantity runs, though.

kfrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfrazee

So, I'm a bit confused with this offer. Do I get both shirts or do I choose the one I want? If I get to choose, how do I do that?

wpilgrim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wpilgrim

Almost bought one for the wife....
If only the barcode would have scanned

Pow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pow
sirmsquared wrote:I think people are having issues scanning because there are no start/stop symbols (usually encoded as an asterisk) and the inter-symbol spacing is wider than it should be.

Yeah, the stop/start asterisks (necessary for "3 of 9" barcode) are missing. The barcodes in place of the space characters are incorrect but that and the larger than spec wide whitespace I assume were necessary for squeezing in the glow book titles. If proper barcode for a space was used and the start/stop codes were added this would probably scan most of the time depending on what the scanner allowed for deviation on the largish white sections. Fishbiscuit5, if you play with the 3 of 9 (code39) barcode in the future add those asterisks at the beginning and end of the code and you'll get a lot less noise from those trying to scan it. No need to include the "human readable" asterisks in the text below it as they won't actually show when scanned anyway. Nice design!

And man, I've spent waaaaaay too much time around barcodes over the years... :P

Narfcake

kfrazee wrote:So, I'm a bit confused with this offer. Do I get both shirts or do I choose the one I want? If I get to choose, how do I do that?

There's only one shirt. In the light, you'll see "read a book". In the dark, the glow in the dark lights up and reads the "discover new worlds".

Narfcake

Speed to first woot: 2m 31.110s
First sucker: ninjax42s
Last wooter to woot: hyena03
Last purchase: 6 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank): Top 44% of Shirt Woots Top 15% of all Woots

Woots Sold: 1042 @ $10
Comments: 49
Votes: 292

Last day of $10 dailies and last of the $10k challenge designs with some very solid sales.

(Now lets hope all the customers stick around!)

argyjr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages argyjr
shadoe wrote:Which means your barcode scanner is broken, not that the barcode is valid.

Ya think? Are you sure that the bar code couldn't be for two different items? I don't know, sounds fishy to me. (he says, in the most sarcastic voice man has ever heard...)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I was surprised how his designed turned out. I love the idea but either the color of the shirt is off or I got a really specialty ink heavy shirt. It essentially looks like a white shirt with lots of yellow spots. Wanna love it but will not be wearing it.

I do love the design though!

Narfcake

conanthelibrarian wrote:I was surprised how his designed turned out. I love the idea but either the color of the shirt is off or I got a really specialty ink heavy shirt. It essentially looks like a white shirt with lots of yellow spots. Wanna love it but will not be wearing it.

I do love the design though!

It's probably not that it was especially heavy, but that the GITD ink that's used here is not all that white; that's been my experience anyway.

2woot1moot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2woot1moot

I've gotten lots of compliments on this shirt from friends and strangers. It is a shame that this shirt is not available right now, because I have been referring them to Woot for the shirt.

I think this is a well thought out design. I love it!