WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Last month we announced the 10K Cup, our big bid to hurl an additional $10,000 at one worthy arteest. We saw some great contenders over the course of July's four derbies, but the design that sold the most shirts on its first day can only be ...

Wakho's Blink and you're ...!

Blink and you're ...

Excellent job, Wakho! First round is on you!

And hey, if you missed any of July's top 10K Cup contenders from the Text, Style, Pop Culture Mashups, and Specialty Ink derbies, we've got a sale spotlighting the contenders right hurr.

Congrats again to all relevant parties!

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

Congrats Wakho! Woo hoo!

Edit: I just told him, but I think you guys should reach out to him too, seeing as how I'm just a dude and you're like, the people who should be contacting him. He'd appreciate hearing from you guys.

spazhien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazhien

Congrats Wakho!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

and in second place… wakho! Way to go and the prize is very much deserved. Congrats.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Congrats Wakho!

Nothing follows.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Congratulations on placing first and second Wakho!! Quite an achievement and a great prize. But an added twerking trophy* for you would be awesome. Someone should get a twerking trophy* at some point in time.

*See A.S.S.S. Crafts thread for more information.

07/11/14

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, Wakho! Thanks for a challenging and fun contest, woot!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Wakho!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

It was great losing to you Wakho-

Grats- and solid showing, everyone! What a fun month-

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Congratulations man!!! Quite an achievement.

And congrats to all the contenders, you all did an amazing job.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Congrats Wakho! I'm all for more contests where we get to see derby themes ahead of time. The money is unimportant*.

* Not really.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
thatrobert wrote:Congrats Wakho! I'm all for more contests where we get to see derby themes ahead of time. The money is unimportant*.

* Not really.

In that regard, it definitely brought everything involved up.

This contest achieved many things that woot most likely was looking for from creating it.

First and foremost, The end product. This contest yielded much better designs out of the derby.

Secondly, it got more voters to vote on the derbies. Increased interest in the derbies due to better designs/more submissions possibly.

Thirdly, it got more veteran artists to participate again.

Fourthly, First day/derby sales were much higher than any month in the last couple of years.

Fifthly, it kind of brought a little of the old shirt.woot back.

I'd say some of these things were accomplished with the monthly advance notice of the themes, however, the prize money also was a big factor as well. I'm sure the shirt.woot people had some intentions with this contest, and hopefully they achieved some of them. I also think they should take this contest as an experiment moving forward. Analyze the data and maybe use what you find to enhance the site.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Yes, big congrats to Wakho. Time to quit that day job. :^)

Congrats also to the Shirt Woot team for organizing such a successful month of contests.

jbarabc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbarabc

I am not a Dr. Who fan, but my daughter definitely is and the instant I saw this shirt, I showed her and we ordered it...then we went and watched the episode together! GREAT design and you deserve the win and the accolades.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Congrats Wakho! Great designs. Well earned !

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Wakho!!! That's a whole mess of cash!

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

WOOOHOOO! Yay Wackadoodle!

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29

Congratulations! This is a great shirt and the first time I actually bought 2 on the first day.
This episode definitely scared me, and the shirt lives up to it! Congrats again!

wakho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wakho

Thanks everyone! It's been a crazy month! It's just rewarding enough to see how a design of mine can play a part of so many people's lives! Love reading the stories that people post about the fun they have with the shirts. Thanks to all that were able to share that!

It's surreal to see all the big name derbiers' comments. Collinvh, Taternuggets, Fishbiscuits, Walmazan, Oak, Omar, ThatRobert, Spiritgreen, Rasabi, Kevlar, Marcee, Frank and everyone else, thank u all! Also, thanks to Narfcake for keeping tabs on the cup. If u still want that drink Omar, drop me a line whenever ur in my neck of the woods. Same goes to anyone else who wants to grab a drink or just hangout.

Thanks to woot for giving people like me the opportunity to display a part of us to the country and parts for the world!

The 10k really has been a fun month. As far as the marketing or sales goes, I would think woot knows what's best for them and how to handle that aspect. I do second ThatRobert's notion of earlier derby topic announcement though. I believe more time would benefit derby entries. I was out of town the past week and was unable to compete in last week's derby, but I might have been able to come up with something before I left and worked out posting on time somehow. Just something to think about.

I also wanted to extend a special thanks to sonofafish who really has been my biggest supporter from this woot community. Without him I probably wouldn't have been around to compete in the 10k cup! Thanks for everything buddy!

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank

Well said Wakho!!! and congrats again buddy!

drwootmisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drwootmisc

Congrats Wakho! Really love the shirt. Mine arrives soon

To Woot Staff:
Is there any disadvantage to buying the shirts from this side sale vs. the top 20?
I noticed that the top 20 still has the non-discounted prices...

I'm willing to pay full price if somehow these are worse off.

One specific question: will the side-sale versions of the shirt ALSO be screen-printed?

Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

drwootmisc wrote:Congrats Wakho! Really love the shirt. Mine arrives soon

To Woot Staff:
Is there any disadvantage to buying the shirts from this side sale vs. the top 20?
I noticed that the top 20 still has the non-discounted prices...

I'm willing to pay full price if somehow these are worse off.

One specific question: will the side-sale versions of the shirt ALSO be screen-printed?

Thanks!

From what I've been told, the ones from this sale might ship a bit later. Considering they're still active shirts in the Top 20, they should be screen print.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders