WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The American kind! Are you ready for some of it?! Doesn't matter! Celebrate the best game in the entire world with a footbally design. Tailgating? Awesome. Fantasy? Yes. Les Miles slathered in butter? We'll try anything once!

No Creme Tees

UPDATE: Completely separate from this derby, check out this other football design challenge!

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

If only I'd have waited...

marceepauff

Stupid double post. Shut up.

Steveh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steveh01

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

Oh boy, this should get interesting right quick. Curious to see what comes up

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Nitetigrezz wrote:Oh boy, this should get interesting right quick. Curious to see what comes up

likely at least one racially-charged comment aimed at richard sherman.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Keep an eye out for tomorrow's launch. We're going to have something else football related coming down the pipeline that you artists may be interested in...

no1

tgentry wrote:Keep an eye out for tomorrow's launch. We're going to have something else football related coming down the pipeline that you artists may be interested in...

seat cushion design contest?

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:likely at least one racially-charged comment aimed at richard sherman.

They be mad bro'?

Wouldn't surprise me though, which kind of really sucks. I was excited over his performance since the beginning of last season, and was thrilled to see him do so well. He definitely takes some pages out of Ali's books though in making sure the world knew who he was and what he was about. He managed to back up his words too, but of course that means he has to suffer the backlash of those who can't handle a big mouth actually accomplishing what they set out to do.

Still, keeping my hopes up on pro-Sherman entries too. Would definitely GMV, though I understand artists won't want to limit themselves. I'm honestly expecting more generic designs that can appeal to voters no matter who they root for. More of a chance for votes from all across the board that way.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

tgentry wrote:Keep an eye out for tomorrow's launch. We're going to have something else football related coming down the pipeline that you artists may be interested in...

More cozies? Sweeter awards?

Curious now >.>

no1

Nitetigrezz wrote:More cozies? Sweeter awards?

Curious now >.>

BEER HAT DESIGN CONTEST

HideTheGarlic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HideTheGarlic

Shame I know nothing about American football, being from the UK and all.

no1

HideTheGarlic wrote:Shame I know nothing about American football, being from the UK and all.

they play a game in wembley every year.

Nitetigrezz

HideTheGarlic wrote:Shame I know nothing about American football, being from the UK and all.

This should give you the basics at least.

Edit: I also recommend movies such as Longest Yard (Original), Any Given Sunday, Friday Night Lights, Rudy, Leatherheads, and Remember the Titans, if you prefer your research in media form

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
no1 wrote:they play a game in wembley every year.

This is true, I got to see the 49ers vs Redskins play there in 1992. Steve Young was the QB instead of Joe Montana, but Jerry Rice was on the field. It was awesome.

Nitetigrezz

Spiritgreen wrote:This is true, I got to see the 49ers vs Redskins play there in 1992. Steve Young was the QB instead of Joe Montana, but Jerry Rice was on the field. It was awesome.

Very cool. Must have been a fun game with Rice :D

Spiritgreen

Nitetigrezz wrote:Very cool. Must have been a fun game with Rice :D

I always liked the late eighties/early nineties 49ers, for the same reason as Lisa Simpson.

Nitetigrezz

Spiritgreen wrote:I always liked the late eighties/early nineties 49ers, for the same reason as Lisa Simpson.

That had me looking up the original quote. Funny how it (almost) still applies today XD

Homer: So who do you like in the afternoon game?
Lisa: Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart. Seattle because they got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat.

no1

Nitetigrezz wrote:That had me looking up the original quote. Funny how it (almost) still applies today XD

Homer: So who do you like in the afternoon game?
Lisa: Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart. Seattle because they got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat.

raiders better have something moar this year b/c their cheatin' ways haven't been so effective recently.

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:raiders better have something moar this year b/c their cheatin' ways haven't been so effective recently.

>.>
<.<
Go Seahawks!

no1

Nitetigrezz wrote:>.>
<.<
Go Seahawks!

and seattle's got nuthin' left to prove.

treblesinger72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treblesinger72

This is going to be hard... I grew up watching futbol, and not football... I Have never got a grasp on it, even though my boyfriend is a huge football fan and is trying hard to make like it...
Anyway... "Go Pats!"

leslieh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leslieh01

Here's my first draft haha. Whatcha think?

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:and seattle's got nuthin' left to prove.

Not true! Carroll and Co. have already stated they're aiming to break the longest streak for Super Bowl wins to prove it wasn't dumb luck that got them last seasons!

treblesinger72 wrote:This is going to be hard... I grew up watching futbol, and not football... I Have never got a grasp on it, even though my boyfriend is a huge football fan and is trying hard to make like it...
Anyway... "Go Pats!"

Feel free to check out the movies and link I posted above Should be able to help at least a leeeetle.

leslieh01 wrote:Here's my first draft haha. Whatcha think?

Wonderful beautiful Leslieh, it warms both my hearts to know we can always depend on at least one Who entry from you in every derby <3<3

no1

Nitetigrezz wrote:Feel free to check out the movies and link I posted above Should be able to help at least a leeeetle.

by the time the artist finishes watching the movies, the derby will be over.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
treblesinger72 wrote:This is going to be hard... I grew up watching futbol, and not football... I Have never got a grasp on it, even though my boyfriend is a huge football fan and is trying hard to make like it...
Anyway... "Go Pats!"

Think of it roughly like rugby with more padding and stoppage of play, if that helps...

marceepauff

cdrewlow wrote:Think of it roughly like rugby with more padding and stoppage of play, if that helps...

And more commercials.

leslieh01

Nitetigrezz wrote:Wonderful beautiful Leslieh, it warms both my hearts to know we can always depend on at least one Who entry from you in every derby <3<3

HAHAHA! I will just take that as a compliment :D What can I say.... I'm a Whovian. Whovian's gotta Whoov I am working on a bacon one AND not all my entries are Dr Who

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:by the time the artist finishes watching the movies, the derby will be over.

XP That's why I said movies such as. No one ever said they have to watch all of 'em!

leslieh01 wrote:HAHAHA! I will just take that as a compliment :D What can I say.... I'm a Whovian. Whovian's gotta Whoov I am working on a bacon one AND not all my entries are Dr Who

XD It was meant as a compliment/playful jab. I'm very much a Whovian too, and I like the idea! Perfect sort of shirt for any Whovian during football season, especially with the Gallifrey symbol <3

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

*groans*

no1

anemality wrote:*groans*

two teams of football players, looking dumbfoundedly at a unicorn impaling a deflated football.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

football = not my thang. have fun, good luck everyone!

no1

sonofafish wrote:football = not my thang. have fun, good luck everyone!

orcs vs. hobbits playing fb.

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:two teams of football players, looking dumbfoundedly at a unicorn impaling a deflated football.

Yep, I'd pay to see that happen.

Nitetigrezz

no1 wrote:orcs vs. hobbits playing fb.

Oooo yeah, I'd pay to see that too.

Or Football vs Soccer ball.

leslieh01

Nitetigrezz wrote:XD It was meant as a compliment/playful jab. I'm very much a Whovian too, and I like the idea! Perfect sort of shirt for any Whovian during football season, especially with the Gallifrey symbol <3

Haha! Good! So many other ideas flying through my brain but my skill level drawing on the computer isn't high enough. Waaa!

SAY! I'd love to see a LOTRs one or Star Trek against Star Wars.

Do you have any advice as to making the letters pop?

Nitetigrezz

leslieh01 wrote:Haha! Good! So many other ideas flying through my brain but my skill level drawing on the computer isn't high enough. Waaa!

SAY! I'd love to see a LOTRs one or Star Trek against Star Wars.

Do you have any advice as to making the letters pop?

If you're looking to keep simple and clean, perhaps a white outline to give it more of a jersey look. Or just see how the letters look in white since white is already incorporated into the design of the helmets. Or maybe simple shading/highlighting, as if a light is being shined onto it.

Dunno really. I've trolled another art site for years, but I'm no artist m'self. I'm sure others will have better suggestions xp

Spiritgreen

leslieh01 wrote:Here's my first draft haha. Whatcha think?

Woot can't print anything with a pop-culture place name on it. Also not -everything- and Doctor Who goes together. ;) I think American Football is one of those situations.

Nitetigrezz

Spiritgreen wrote:Woot can't print anything with a pop-culture place name on it. Also not -everything- and Doctor Who goes together. ;) I think American Football is one of those situations.

I thought it was just maps of non-existant places created by someone else? It's entire places as a whole? Including Oz and Discworld and Xanth?

Damn, learn something new every day.

no1

Nitetigrezz wrote:
I thought it was just maps of non-existant places created by someone else? It's entire places as a whole? Including Oz and Discworld and Xanth?

the wizard of oz books by l. frank baum are in the public domain. the 1939 film is not.

the "no maps of fictional places created by someone else" was a rule for a specific derby.