WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

KKurtenbach5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KKurtenbach5

Is there something wrong with the most first time buyers slot? Every time I see it it says that there were 0 first time buyers for said shirt. Which I would assume to be incorrect.

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
KKurtenbach5 wrote:Is there something wrong with the most first time buyers slot? Every time I see it it says that there were 0 first time buyers for said shirt. Which I would assume to be incorrect.


Yeah, it's broken. Woot will get around to fixing that ... after they fix the verbiage on the opening post. That's been how many years now?

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

I feel stupid for having to ask this. I know the answer has to be obvious, but my mind doesn't want to grasp it. When a shirt is reckoned, that means it's taken out of the catalogue and will never be sold again, right?

I noticed on woot stalker that Hey There Tiger is in the shirt woot reckoning. Should I be worried for it? Do I need to make my wallet hurt that much more so I don't miss out on it?


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Nitetigrezz wrote:I feel stupid for having to ask this. I know the answer has to be obvious, but my mind doesn't want to grasp it. When a shirt is reckoned, that means it's taken out of the catalogue and will never be sold again, right?



it used to mean that, but since they started printing-on-demand, it just moves from screenprinting to dtg, iirc (not to mention price increase).

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
no1 wrote:it used to mean that, but since they started printing-on-demand, it just moves from screenprinting to dtg, iirc (not to mention price increase).



Ah kay, I can deal with that. Thanks!


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

ollietheunicorn


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ollietheunicorn

It's funny that sometimes Derby's just don't click with people, even tho they vote for them. It looks like all three of the football themed shirts will be wiped out this week.

Glad to see that Starchiology made it back up there after being dangerously low for awhile.

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
no1 wrote:it used to mean that, but since they started printing-on-demand, it just moves from screenprinting to dtg, iirc (not to mention price increase).


The exception are specialty inks; there's no catalog option. And technically, the back catalog is more expensive, but they've had this "sale" since before Christmas last year.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Oops. Ray's Kids is attributed to Shirt.Woot and doesn't show up in collinvh's catalog results.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Narfcake wrote:And technically, the back catalog is more expensive, but they've had this "sale" since before Christmas last year.



"GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE now in its 478th week!"

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
no1 wrote:"GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE now in its 478th week!"


I thought that only happened with rug dealers?

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Narfcake wrote:I thought that only happened with rug dealers?



Drug dealers never go out of business, they just go black market.

Oh...wait, RUG dealers. That's not the same thing, is it.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

snitily


quality posts: 1 Private Messages snitily

Doesn't it seem like designs that make it to the Top20 could be made available in hoodies, tanks, and totes on the regular? I mean, they're Top 20, right?

And, more importantly, I don't like T-shirts, so...

Nitetigrezz


quality posts: 37 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
snitily wrote:Doesn't it seem like designs that make it to the Top20 could be made available in hoodies, tanks, and totes on the regular? I mean, they're Top 20, right?

And, more importantly, I don't like T-shirts, so...



Honestly I think that would be a great incentive for the Day of Reckoning. At least throw one or two options like hoodies, tank tops, or totes. Once it's 'reckoned' out, then you can only get it as a t-shirt.

I know I'd pay a lot more attention if that was the case.


Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Broncos on Cowboys ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000