19 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 47% of Shirt Woots
Top 20% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

shortman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages shortman

They are gummies! I want eat them. Nom Nom!

lordbowen

quality posts: 830 Private Messages lordbowen

Get the O out! So clever.

lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond

Fun color scatter.

Zetalidan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zetalidan

As a Pokemon connoisseur, I require this shirt.

soren216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages soren216

This is a must have for me. I have been a Pokemon Master since Blue

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Super effective concept!

acraigl

quality posts: 186 Private Messages acraigl

I find this to be an odd mash-up. Then again, I always though Pokemon were evil.

VOTE! >>

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

Dang - at first I thought it might be a Death Star / DSotM mashup... No such luck.

Enjoy, Pokie fans!

JDSardone

quality posts: 21 Private Messages JDSardone

Death Star Poke-ball Pokemon Laser beam...
Does it destroy entire childhoods?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Woot used Cute Shirt.
It was super effective!
Wallet has fainted.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

misamat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages misamat

Stop buying this shirt. It's mine! I gotta catch 'em all!

slz254

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slz254

Until I read the writeup, I couldn't tell that the critters in the spectrum were Pokemon. I was trying to figure out what that image could possibly have to do with the Monongahela River.

RayKremer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RayKremer

One of the few times that a Woot shirt has been strikingly similar to shirt designs I've seen elsewhere. However, points for replacing the prism with a pokeball.

jhammersley76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhammersley76

Cool looking shirt, but I can't pull the trigger on any more black shirts, with it in the mid 90s with high humidity in the Midwest. I felt baked walking across a parking lot to my office in just a gray shirt yesterday.

sarahat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sarahat
RayKremer wrote:One of the few times that a Woot shirt has been strikingly similar to shirt designs I've seen elsewhere. However, points for replacing the prism with a pokeball.

That's a pokeball? I thought it was a Death Star....even having read the writeup, I'm not sure what the rainbow shapes are. I'm not a pokemon connoisseur, but I was aware of them, and I think I can kinda make out the outline of Pikachu. But only because I knew what I was looking for.

Narfcake

quality posts: 382 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

RayKremer wrote:One of the few times that a Woot shirt has been strikingly similar to shirt designs I've seen elsewhere. ...

Evolutionary Spectrum

In other words ... inspired by Ramy?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

spruleme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spruleme

I must be getting old... The pokemon generation has discovered hallucinogens and plagiarism. 😝

Narfcake wrote:
Evolutionary Spectrum

In other words ... inspired by Ramy?

Narfcake

quality posts: 382 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

spruleme wrote:I must be getting old... The pokemon generation has discovered hallucinogens and plagiarism. 😝

It's not plagiarism ... it's "inspired by".

Now, for someone to correct any grammatical errors in this thread ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

NeverEnoughToys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeverEnoughToys

That's no Mon!

He who dies with the most toys is STILL dead!

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
sarahat wrote:That's a pokeball? I thought it was a Death Star....even having read the writeup, I'm not sure what the rainbow shapes are. I'm not a pokemon connoisseur, but I was aware of them, and I think I can kinda make out the outline of Pikachu. But only because I knew what I was looking for.

The original three, Bulbasaur Charmander and Squirtle. I'm not a Pokemon expert either, but I at least remember the originals.

That's some pretty heavy inspiration. Not enough of a fan to get it, but fun concept with the originals and the pokeball.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

bayjacob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayjacob

Why are pokemon flying out of the death star?

Nitetigrezz

bayjacob wrote:Why are pokemon flying out of the death star?

It's a pokeball, which has already been addressed, and it's a parody on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album cover.

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

rasabi

quality posts: 45 Private Messages rasabi

Rainbows! Coincidentally, my 4 year old just started watching the first episodes. I played the original red when it came out, but had little exposure to the mythos and societal intricacies in the show. As a parent, I must question the logic of sending your 10 year old out into the bush with a feral defibrillator rodent instead of say a cell phone or means of transportation. It is approaching Curious George levels of shirking parental responsibility if not worse. I'm inclined to say worse because of the prevalence of animals that shoot lasers out their mouths.

Narfcake wrote:It's not plagiarism ... it's "inspired by".

Now, for someone to correct any grammatical errors in this thread ...

Inspired by the same source material obviously. As is the case here, it is possible for two people to have the same pop-culture mash-up idea independently. It's graphically different from the linked image, uses entirely different characters, and the differences in concept are even more apparent if you are familiar with the source material. I don't feel it's nearly similar enough to warrant the word, but I welcome a PM if you crave further discussion.

SiltLifted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SiltLifted

Bring back the wit!

We live, we die, we get judged - which side are you on?

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

I was sort of thinking the same thing but this honors the roots of pokemon I think. its similar but still very different.

N8rod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages N8rod

My 7 year old was looking over my shoulder and shouted "Dad, Its Pink Floyd and Pokemon!" It took me a second to figure it out. My 5 year old was excited as well. I'm in for 2. They have every DSoTM shirt woot sells. Pokemon seems to be their thing now, this is perfect timing.

Nitetigrezz

N8rod wrote:My 7 year old was looking over my shoulder and shouted "Dad, Its Pink Floyd and Pokemon!" It took me a second to figure it out. My 5 year old was excited as well. I'm in for 2. They have every DSoTM shirt woot sells. Pokemon seems to be their thing now, this is perfect timing.

That's epic that they recognized both refs XD Shows they were raised right!