12 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 43% of Shirt Woots
Top 24% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond

I need this collection on my desk for thelaying of robot games. Marvin and R2 can do commentary.

Edit: that would be playing. Insomnia wins continue.

Ed20976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ed20976

So lets see if I can get everyone.
Starting from the top
C3P0, R2-D2, Iron Man (Isn't a suit), Optimus Prime, Lt. Data (Android?), BOB from HHGTTG, Bender, NOT A CLUE!!!, Evangelion Unit 1, Gundam (Original Series), Cybermen, NOT A CLUE!!!, BB-8, Metroid (Combat Suit), Megatron (Original Series).

Lets see that if anyone else gets the rest!

charlilil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charlilil

Hmm. C-3PO, R2-D2, Iron Man, Optimus Prime. Data, Bob, Bender, Sentinel.
Eva Unit 1, Jaeger, RX-78, Cyberman.
Terminator, BB-8, Metroid, Megatron.

lordbowen

quality posts: 830 Private Messages lordbowen

Robots. Why did it have to be robots?

Harui

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Harui

Ummm, neither Iron Man nor Samus are robots. They're just people in suits. Albeit, the suits look like robots, but still not robots.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Harui

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Harui
charlilil wrote:Hmm. C-3PO, R2-D2, Iron Man, Optimus Prime. Data, Bob, Bender, Sentinel.
Eva Unit 1, Jaeger, RX-78, Cyberman.
Terminator, BB-8, Metroid, Megatron.

Lol, Metroid is the name of the game (and the enemy/creature you're trying to destroy). The character is Samus.

Also, good call on the Eva 01; I can't believe I missed it. :/ I have a model on my bookshelf, so I feel a little ashamed. XD

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Radscoolian

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Radscoolian

This is wicked cool Rasabi.

oznecsad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oznecsad

Kinda wish instead of Iron Man or Samus, we could have an old school Cylon.

But, other than that, pretty cool.

krakinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krakinboy

Everyone keeps calling Marvin the paranoid android "Bob", and isn't the Iron Giant in the lower left corner?

I'm getting.
C3-P0, R2D2, Iron man, Optimus Prime
Data, Marvin, Bender, Sentinel
Eva-1, Gypsy, Gundam, cyber man
Iron Giant, BB-8,Samus, Cybertron.

aecardshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aecardshark

Wonderful shirt design. Everyone listing the characters have been pretty spot on except for the H2G2 robot. That's Marvin, the Paranoid Android.

Also, this is retro machines, so Iron Man and Samus still count in their mechanical suits.

rasabi

quality posts: 45 Private Messages rasabi

Heeeey. Thanks voters! I know I missed some good machine/robot/android/synths to retro-ize. The very first iteration of the design had 2 robots, then I expanded it to 9, then 16...

The madness had to stop eventually less the army grew to powerful to control.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 54 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Yeah, it's okay. You could have gone on for days...

Still, no Voltron? Or BBC version of Marvin?

Meow

Go Squarryls!

bat2008

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bat2008

Dammit! Everyday there's something that reminds me of Alan Rickman.

pissedwookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pissedwookie

One Mistake - Bottom row, third from the left. Samus from Metriod is not a robot. It's a girl in a suit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samus_Aran

texboater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texboater

You could have gone wiggin and put Maximilian from The Black Hole.

thomasgresham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomasgresham
krakinboy wrote:Everyone keeps calling Marvin the paranoid android "Bob", and isn't the Iron Giant in the lower left corner?

I'm getting.

Cybertron is the Transformers home planet. That's Megatron.

ooryl2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ooryl2

Hmm... I recognize them all but the one in the top left corner.

babylemonade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babylemonade
RobinBobcat wrote:Yeah, it's okay. You could have gone on for days...

Still, no Voltron? Or BBC version of Marvin?

If this were the BBC version of Marvin, I'd be in! The recent film doesn't really capture the tone of the book/radio series the same way.

celticmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticmatt

People keep knocking on Samus and Iron Man not being robots. True, they aren't, but the shirt isn't about "robots", it is about "machines." I mean, Data is on there and he's an android, not a robot. And though they are super big, the Gundam and the Jaegar and the the Eva Unit 1 are all, technically, suits of armor. Not robots either. Hence "Retro Machines".

I, for one, love the shirt! Great job on it!

murph929

quality posts: 4 Private Messages murph929

It's kind of a shame to include the non-robot Samus when there's a perfectly good Mega Man going to waste...

murph929

quality posts: 4 Private Messages murph929
ooryl2 wrote:Hmm... I recognize them all but the one in the top left corner.

HA! You probably don't recognize him with his red arm...

nonpro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nonpro
krakinboy wrote:Everyone keeps calling Marvin the paranoid android "Bob", and isn't the Iron Giant in the lower left corner?

I'm getting.

Yup, this one is the winner!

Why are people calling Marvin, Bob??

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TheTexasTwister
texboater wrote:You could have gone wiggin and put Maximilian from The Black Hole.

I second that one. Maximilian was one creepy looking machine.

Perhaps the designer will create a second shirt that includes Maximilian and also VINCENT from that same movie. If not, then Kryton from Red Dwarf would be my next vote.

pbcquiltlover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbcquiltlover

Looks like Will Robinson is going to be in danger without anyone to warn him...how can that be?

Christine

Chadaeos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chadaeos

Pretty sure that is not the Iron Giant in the lower left. I don't recall him having red eyes or a gauge on his torso, and there would be a fin for sure on the head. Probably not a terminator T-800 either, again that gauge.

rasabi

Chadaeos wrote:Pretty sure that is not the Iron Giant in the lower left. I don't recall him having red eyes or a gauge on his torso, and there would be a fin for sure on the head. Probably not a terminator T-800 either, again that gauge.

It's funny because I figured this one would be the least recognizable. The gauge is just a retro element, kinda like the wind up key for R2-D2. I had intended T-800, but someone pointed out that the iron giant has red eyes briefly during his tantrum in the movie as well (I think for only one scene?).

Chadaeos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chadaeos
rasabi wrote:It's funny because I figured this one would be the least recognizable. The gauge is just a retro element, kinda like the wind up key for R2-D2. I had intended T-800, but someone pointed out that the iron giant has red eyes briefly during his tantrum in the movie as well (I think for only one scene?).

Fair enough. The gauge was the only thing throwing me off from thinking T-800.
Great design overall!!

kanedag1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kanedag1

@rasabi -
Your shirt has gotten some attention over at Stack Exchange. It's on their "hot network questions" list, so it's getting quite a bit of traffic.

jskinzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskinzie

@Rasabi: can you confirm that #8 is Sentinel and #9 is Evangelion Unit 01, Please?

zecmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zecmo

samus is no robot!

rasabi

jskinzie wrote:@Rasabi: can you confirm that #8 is Sentinel and #9 is Evangelion Unit 01, Please?

Yes.* They are.**

*they are fair use parody boxes and other geometric shapes evoking the spirit of effigies which can be said to resemble Eva Unit 01 and Sentinel.

**SHINJI GET IN THE ROBOT

jskinzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskinzie

@rasabi: Thanks much!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain
babylemonade wrote:If this were the BBC version of Marvin, I'd be in! The recent film doesn't really capture the tone of the book/radio series the same way.

I mean, if it's not BBC Marvin, is it really retro? Also, he was so wonderfully square, his image would have worked better. Alas, perhaps the "new" Marvin is tribute to beloved Alan Rickman. May his soul be archived in the mainframe forever.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

greydruid

quality posts: 6 Private Messages greydruid

All the talk about people wearing mechanical suits, and no one points out how Cybermen are involuntary cyborgs! (For you Trekkies, think of the Borg, but with armored suits.)

(Oh crap, now I'm wondering who would assimilate/cyberize the other first: a Borg or a Cyberman?)

(Nevermind. Obviously the Borg.)

franksmith

quality posts: 8 Private Messages franksmith

LOST IN SPACE!

???

saibi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saibi

I hate how Johnny 5 is usually left out of these sort of things.